Saints Row IV

Aada

Part of the furniture
Looks like a fun game I got Splinter Cell Black List free with my graphics card so will be playing that but also tempted to pick this up as well, however it seems a digital only release and £39 on steam is steep considering this series goes down in price really fast.

You can pick it up for £29 on consoles now so no idea why PC version is more expensive.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fresh release so they're gonna take what they can. Should go on sale in no time though.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Watched TB's wtf is of this and i dunno... The original intent of this game shines through pretty badly...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Watched TB's wtf is of this and i dunno... The original intent of this game shines through pretty badly...

Yeah could be, but for me "more of the same" is good enough. Same goes with the upcoming xcom.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
3h 20 afaik ?
its 1min past midnight i think

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Needs to be more games like Saints Row tbh, sandbox games full of fun and random shit is just so fun.

Mabs

Needs to be more games like Saints Row tbh, sandbox games full of fun and random shit is just so fun.

true dat

Pimp your bin lorry ! \o/

1024x576.resizedimage

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I bought some of the others in various steam sales but not got around to playing them. I might give this a go when I come back on Sunday, bank holiday ahoy.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Best to play atleast 2-3-4 order, or 3-4. Otherwise the latest might be a bit "whaaat?" :D

Having a blast so far, more of the same is an apt review.

Aada

Part of the furniture
true dat

Pimp your bin lorry ! \o/

1024x576.resizedimage
How is it on PC if you go on steam forums its either really buggy or runs like shit. Hard to tell how good it is on PC.

Nice picture!

Mabs

it runs absolutely fine

anyone trying to coop on pc and failing; restart steam, worked for me and BloodOmen

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If you're uploading a character from SR3, sign up in saintsrow.com, then upload from any clothing store in SR3, go to saintsrow.com and my steelport, queue the character, then go to inauguration station(if you want clothes on the uploaded char in cutscenes), cloth your char, upload, queue the new one(can delete old), go to SR4 and in char selection go to far right and upload(or download o_O) and enjoy.

Bit messy, but works. The inauguration station step is just to get clothes on, you can ofcourse use templates and then just remake.

Mabs

just gets sillier and sillier, but in a good way
best bit so far, imo, the "Saints of Rage" mini game.. its mint

9E3145F8B8818DE9F3E95801A23D4789033B7276

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Right, have a couple of issues. The game holds your hand tighter then WoW does, and those fucking pixelflashes are driving me INSANE! Your cash income is really bad even if you own 100% of the map, the "spell" upgrade system are a thing of utter frustration that Blizzard would be proud over if it were them that did it. Oh and the super henchemen are FUCKING RETARDS when it comes to getting in a car or helicopter. More often then not they just bumped in to whatever they try to get in and flip it upside down so it explodes. Oh and every so often they just stand there doing fuck all.

Other then that it was pretty ok. Miss my Russian female voice actor though...

/edit: And i forgot, first playthrough ended up at 98% completion without even trying to be a completionist. Fucking bullshit if you ask me. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
New patch and half of my weapons have vanished and are replaced with duplicates of other guns....

Yay volition....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
New patch and half of my weapons have vanished and are replaced with duplicates of other guns....

Yay volition....

Not duplicates, haven't vanished at all. Those duplicates are different versions and some weapons have switched to other locations ;)

Played trough(hardedt ofcourse), absolute blast, bring on either a new one or new IP with same attitude and it'll be great. Shows what it means to put fun in to games.

Haven't had any issues that Ctuchik mentioned.

Last edited:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Some are duplicates(that you can't select, 0 harm), SMGs are different with same model and some guns have weird placing/animation.

Very person dependant it seems, but nothing game breaking for me.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
No it's not game breaking. But it's fucking annoying to have weapons available in the gateway cashe but not in the upgrade tab in the store. I can't even upgrade some of the weapons i have equipped because they don't exist in the store. And i don't dare to unequip them either because i'm worried they vanish from the gateway cashe as well.

I did manage to buy the RPG today though (for the third time), then the game crashed and after i reloaded the save (which HAD the rpg bought) it wasn't there again... xD

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah anyway didn't mean to imply it's not a f*ckup on their patching QA ;)

Even if it applies differently/at all/some, it's still a problem.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Did they even bother to check this with the QA first? I actually have my doubts on that one.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Meh, it'll be alright i guess. Kinda wanna get out of that stupid earth went boom story setting though.

They can put everyone down on a different fucking planet for all i care.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
With the new SDK mods coming out, this is fun.

First-Person mod? Yes please.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Meh, it'll be alright i guess. Kinda wanna get out of that stupid earth went boom story setting though.

They can put everyone down on a different fucking planet for all i care.

Actually there are some signs of a "fresh start" with IV(especially ending), i'm guessing they're going to do something really cool with V. I wouldn't mind a timetravel trip to the start from SR1, but bring the wacky into it with only the "core crew" remembering what went down.

Lots of potential in that.

Only thing that bothers me at all is that they seem to cut out the core element of; "this is your story" if they start using other characters as mains. I don't want to dress Gat in kneehighs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom