Games Civilization VI

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
*sexwee*

I hope it's not full of fail!

Embattle

FH is my second home
They tried change with Beyond Earth and it didn't work out well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Wasn't keen on Beyond Earth or 5 really but will keep an eye on it.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Beyond Earth was vaguely interesting, but I found 5 to be an abomination after so many hours spent with 3 and 4. The pacing felt massively off and I always had issues generating enough tech to keep up with AI empires, something that was never an issue in previous games. By the time I'd build a decent armed force of something, it was obsolete.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you like Civ - read this from Rock Paper Shotgun then go here and download / install.

It's great. Like a whole new game. :)

As for Civ 6 - I'll wait at least a year before purchasing. There'll be a GOTY edition, at half the price, with most of the DLC plumbed in and bugs out...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That looks interesting Scouse, might need to give that a go at some point!
Got me playing again. Free life for a game I've stopped playing can't be bad.

Wish I had a proper CPU so turns on Civ V didn't take a fucking age tho. My old Phenom II X3 creaks in the later rounds on large maps.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Looks like I'm missing at least $20 worth of non expansion DLC. Will need to grab it when it's on sale.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like I'm missing at least $20 worth of non expansion DLC. Will need to grab it when it's on sale.
I think I picked up the whole game + all dlc for about fifteen quid in total. - will do the same with Civ 6 - just wait for the GOTY and sales.

Steam sale is next month, right? It's bound to be on sale then @SilverHood...

leggy

Probably Scottish
Started pre-loading this tonight. I came to the Civ V party late because I stopped gaming for a bit and while it appears VI is more evolution than anything else, I'm itching to get into this on Friday.

I obviously didn't pay that ridiculous 50 quid they want on Steam though. Cdkeys.com for 35.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Started pre-loading this tonight
To be fair, I think I may wait until I get a faster processor. My PC will have to die first, but my old Phenom II X3 BE drags in later game stages.

Let us know how it goes tho :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Anyone played yet? I don't want to start it up until I have a good few hours free to throw at it. It's getting hellishly good reviews...

leggy

Probably Scottish
Anyone played yet? I don't want to start it up until I have a good few hours free to throw at it. It's getting hellishly good reviews...

Downloaded the update and about to fire it up. Can't wait. Although the missus is here all weekend so I'm hoping she has something to do on Saturday

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Started pre-loading this tonight. I came to the Civ V party late because I stopped gaming for a bit and while it appears VI is more evolution than anything else, I'm itching to get into this on Friday.

I obviously didn't pay that ridiculous 50 quid they want on Steam though. Cdkeys.com for 35.
Just ordered mine but it's taking a bloody age for the key to come through.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Found a use for my steam link and steam controller :D

I'm a bit disappointed that UI scaling isn't available at 1080. My eye sight is decent but fuck me I'm straining playing on my TV.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Hmm first impressions, pretty damn good. Started out as T'Egyptians. Queen Vic keeps sending an envoy, don't trust that bitch, she's upto something. Plus that dude from China was pissed off because I built Stone Henge. Barbarians can do one as well.

leggy

Probably Scottish
For those of you having issues with the size of the fonts on a TV or otherwise, I've edited the font styles file and increased all fonts by 2 except for font sizes upwards of 30. It's now much more playable on a TV or a resolution of 1440 (and a smallish monitor). Just dump the file (dropbox link below) into \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Fonts

Dropbox - Civ6_FontStyles_EFIGS.xml

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Civ is my xmas go to. I have two weeks off to play.
A few years ago, my brothers and I played Civ4 for pretty much the entire Christmas break. Think it was the Fall from Heaven 2 mod. My mother was not impressed that we'd traveled from far and wide to be home, only to lock ourselves away for 5 days with a computer game :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Mate of mine gave me a copy he got free with a GFX card. Need to stop playing. I have a job :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Its engaging isn't it?! Got a bit sick of it when having multiple civilizations and techs though - end-game is always boring with these titles. Same with Total War.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Sat down for aquick hour session. Next thing i knew was three hours later. It sucks time lol

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I am not convinced yet. The AI seems to be dumb as a brick. Romans invaded me with their legions about 400 years too late. My machine guns and tanks steamrolled them pretty badly, and then I couldn't get a decent peace offering, so I had to take all their cities. So I'm now a -700 warmonger. No amount of +10 for 2000 years of peace will ever catch that up. The thought of conquering the rest of the world wasn't a pleasant one, so I just hunkered down and space raced it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom