City of Heroes

Belsameth

Tainted
She wasn't. but I wasn't too happy with a couple of choices I made...:|
besides, Pinnacle is nice and quiet, so less lag and more mobs :D

BikerBoy aka Rhaed

Fledgling Freddie
bah ok i played tonight with my char i play on Prime becouse when i started was the only one :D and Perez Park was overcrowded and the lag was like HORRIBLE... think ill make char on Pinnacle too and join ya :)

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all,

I have been beta testing this game for some time now, and I must say I really like it.
Got alot of chars, need to test all :)
But my blaster hit L12 lastnight then I got a mission in "Boomtown" (a high level area).
Some missions in this game is totally wrong level wise.

Hope they implement some sort of PvP, there was talk about good vs. bad when the Villian expansion comes out.

Maybe I'll see some of you in-game.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Damn this game is actually quite fun to play!

Best PvE I've seen in an MMO so far.

My Mutant blaster can actually kill stuff that isn't rabid rabbits and rats!

Almost level 8 now... love they way the missions work - do them, and you basically level up faster than if you were to just wander.

Quite annoying searching for clues though, that last file drawer always gets me.

Only problem I have are very frequent crashed - 3-4 an hour, sometimes more...
Hopefully the latest patch will sort things out :)

btw, I'm Silverhood, on pinnacle.... not played on the other servers.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
aye - i got into the last fortnight of closed beta and i have to say, although obviously still a beta, is kinda fun :)

can't find the auto-run button and since the last patch of it i crash back to the desktop, when im in a building, but it's still pretty awesome so far :clap:

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
Rediknight said:
aye - i got into the last fortnight of closed beta and i have to say, although obviously still a beta, is kinda fun :)

can't find the auto-run button and since the last patch of it i crash back to the desktop, when im in a building, but it's still pretty awesome so far :clap:

you lucky bastid

you mustve haxx0red my email addy and nicked my beta :D

still, the world will not be denied the Mighty Flexer!! <tm>

:D

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
do you get a free month when you buy the game? ;)

n00b

Loyal Freddie
Binky the Bomb said:
You mean like AD&D? "3 level 1 characters go into a bar, a warrior, a mage and a theif. A Barfight insues, and the warrior jumps in, whilst the theif dodges blows and the mage cowers under the table. The warrior gains 600xp for bar knuckle fighting, the theif gains 400 xp or dodging and the mage gains the average for being there."

Old roleplaying joke there....sure you all heard it before.

not me :(

but i liked it
;)

Belsameth

Tainted
Rediknight said:

it's R :p

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I got Fly with my Defender the other day... and it's sold this game to me, completely.

For the next week or so of beta, I'm not going to do anything other than Fly around and maybe see how much debt I can rack up.

Yes, it's that fun.

... Oh, and my preorder disc still hasn't been shipped. I'm starting to worry :(

mts

Fledgling Freddie
tRoG said:
I got Fly with my Defender the other day... and it's sold this game to me, completely.

For the next week or so of beta, I'm not going to do anything other than Fly around and maybe see how much debt I can rack up.

Yes, it's that fun.

... Oh, and my preorder disc still hasn't been shipped. I'm starting to worry :(

How does fly work? You mentioned debt, do you like have to pay to fly or something? :eek:

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
How does fly work? You mentioned debt, do you like have to pay to fly or something? :eek:

Heh, no. Basicly, you hit the Fly button, and you take off. If you jump you move up, press forward you fly forwards, left you fly left etc. It's pretty fast.

You get xp debt when you die.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
tRoG said:
Heh, no. Basicly, you hit the Fly button, and you take off. If you jump you move up, press forward you fly forwards, left you fly left etc. It's pretty fast.

You get xp debt when you die.

Ohh, sweet. =)

Givf flying~ ;D

Belsameth

Tainted
got my Blaster to 13 15 minutes ago. tomorrow I'll do 14 in one session for flight...
then onward with my defender for Super Jump (yes kids, now you cna jump like The Hulk too!)
saw it in effect a few times now and it actually looks cooler then flight...imagine jumping 13 floors high orso :D

(and ofcourse there's teleport to try :p)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Quite amazed we didn't die last night Bels.... dying is a trademark of groups led by me in most games.

Atleast I got to see boomtown in all its glory.... wonder what it's like further in.

:)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Bels & Me....

Silverandbels.jpg

Belsameth

Tainted
haha, don't worry, those are guild colours :p
generally everything you see green on me is black, and the yellow is blue

my god! these colours ARE kinda bright, aren't they? ;)

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Bels, I'm going to go and play with some chars on Pinnacle. I'll prod you for a supergroup invite later on. :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
whats the fly button thingy? i just got hover (at least i clicked hover :( ) and i cant figure it out :p

Belsameth

Tainted
Hover at 6, fly at 14.
you fly with the same buttons as you move. except that space is up instead of jump, and X is down

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Well, ok I got into the Beta and theres like 4 days left.

Whoo. :p

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Well, ok I got into the Beta and theres like 4 days left.

Whoo. :p

lol :D

So it's going retail the 24th? :-O or are they just ending the beta early and going with the 28th release? I think it was the 28th because it was the same date for L2 and CoH... I think :p

Belsameth

Tainted
release 28th, beta closing 22th.
(and ofcourse pre-orders start at the 25th :p )

mts

Fledgling Freddie
ahhh kewl. i'm gonna have to check this one out =) have any of you guys narrowed down any servers you are going to play on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom