City of Heroes

fang

Fledgling Freddie
warhammer webpage said:
Players can use a huge number of weapons including standard melee weapons (daggers, swords, axes), magical weapons, black powder weapons (pistols and rifles)

That just totally ruined it for me :(

Belsameth

Tainted
Moriath said:
Ok i give you x-men and spiderman .. even daredevil to some extent but the hulk movie sucked big time

I quite enjoyed it actually...but I wasn't aiming of the quality of the film, but more the serious tone that they all set..

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Pff put name down for beta now! :eek:

<Pokes Bels>

Science Scrapper seems the current thing im going for. :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Moriath said:
Ok i give you x-men and spiderman .. even daredevil to some extent but the hulk movie sucked big time

I'll take your bad movie and raise you a crappy comic! :D

Seriously, even the daredevil comic was pretty rubbish. ;)

Belsameth

Tainted
How dare you say Daredevil is rubbish! :(

anyway....Beta invite has arived....downloading now and all...
I'll probably campaign a bit more as soon as I can rip myself away from playing a bit :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Webcomics dont suck Sigurd! :eek:

Webcomics are the staple diet of every decent person on the internet. :p

Belsameth

Tainted
played it for a couple of hours now (not including character creation :p )
and I must say it's as good as I thought it was, if not better :)
dispite some minor problems that can be expected in beta it feels very finished...
I can only advise everybody to apply for open beta, and try it out for yourself....you won't be disapointed

Sigurd

Banned
fang said:
That just totally ruined it for me :(

Ah but gunpowder weapons are a vital part of Warhammer, nothing like floating down on someone's precious cannons with an elf-Lord on a dragon :p

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
Belsameth said:
played it for a couple of hours now (not including character creation :p )
and I must say it's as good as I thought it was, if not better :)
dispite some minor problems that can be expected in beta it feels very finished...
I can only advise everybody to apply for open beta, and try it out for yourself....you won't be disapointed

bah, think you need a good swing with the nerfbat for getting it before me :twak: :cheers:

Belsameth

Tainted
Ethiraseth said:
bah, think you need a good swing with the nerfbat for getting it before me :twak: :cheers:

I rule :p

Look up Drendari or Capone when you're in ;)

Silverhood: nope

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
this game dont have PvP yet (if ever).

Just started looking at it the other day and watched the movies etc.. Im pretty impressed!

Just looks like damn good fun! Flying round a city rescuing girlys in trouble etc! Nice.

They talk about the end game being elder zones where you come up against uber bad guys! With the whole super hero genre there is a limitless supply of bad guys/new powers they could add along the way! beta testers seem to have nothing but praise so far and with a end of april release.. could be my next game.

Lineage2 lvl grind seems a major concern for me atm.. and its not much fun. I admit this is mainly due to the zillion ppl all going for the same mobs so Im sure would be better on release.

Belsameth

Tainted
I've made some 10 odd characters now, just to try out the different powers and looks...and I felt like I've only seen the tip of the iceberg....
besides that, the action is great....fast and furious, like a good superhero game should be, and not as sluggish as DAoC (and to think DAoC is fast in comparisson to most I played)
I've had some great battles who were over before I could think "OMG!" twice, yet left me almost shaking in my chair from the pure rush.

there are some minor frustrations here and there, but I'm sure most will be ironed out before launch.

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
Belsameth said:

won't get in before public beta :( the pre-order was too expensive for me, nerf being a poor student :twak:

Eroa said:
is it gonna be a EU version for it or just a world wide?

AFAIK there won't be an EU release at first, only american servers, but i could be wrong.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Belsameth said:

I'll see you later.

*hush hush under the table wink wink nudge nudge say no more type action*

Belsameth

Tainted
lol...

that was a LOT of fun :D
lil Dea Mortuus kicked ass, even tho you got us killed a bit :p

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Belsameth said:
lol...

that was a LOT of fun :D
lil Dea Mortuus kicked ass, even tho I got us killed a lot :p

Fixed. :D

You're suicidal! :eek7:

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I was thinking of getting this but still in two (or three or four) minds about it all. Is it fun then? Or is it like the initial short-lived fun that FFXI was for a lot of people.

Belsameth

Tainted
it's hard to say, ofcourse, since I haven't been playing overly long.
But it seems like this could last quite a while for me....

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
It's purely pve at the moment also isn't it? Do they have any plans to put some pvp in it? maybe an arena or rival gangs?

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
No PvP, although the devs were talking about implementing duelling/arenas a while ago.

Time will tell whether it continues to be as much fun.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
All those places to pre-order are very American. Will they all deliver to the UK or could anyone recommend which place to order it from? i.e. are any known to be utter wazz and others silky smooth with nice early deliverage?

Belsameth

Tainted
I ordered from Gamestop. fast but very expensive...
Outpost delivers overseas as well...still expensive, tho slightly less so..

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
What is the leveling grind like? I've been playing Lineage 2 for the last couple of days and other than having been turned into a COMPLETE pervert (I was only a moderate perv before the 1 gig d/l :() I am finding the grind really really really really really tedious. Not sure I ever want to go through that again with any game.

Belsameth

Tainted
to me there is no real grind, just a lot of fun, while you're gaining XP in the process.
the fights are fast, furious, and require a fair bit of user interaction making the combat far more involving then any other mmog I played...and that's just at level 7 when powers are still fairly minimal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom