Children and F*CKING language.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Disagree with Ceixah's statement on class. If you've ever spent time with real toffs - I'm talking landed gentry - and I have - they're a different breed to you & I. Most of them are a delight to talk to. The working class you can talk to. Its the V-necked Volvo-driving pullover-wearing middle classes that fuck everything up

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Disagree with Ceixah's statement on class. If you've ever spent time with real toffs - I'm talking landed gentry - and I have - they're a different breed to you & I.

This.

People of a higher class don't even acknowledge the existence of the people (that ultimately serve them) below them.

The people below them have much more pressing concerns and are almost unaware of those they serve.

Works out nicely, for someone, eh? :)

B

Branwell

class is merely the attitude a person takes with regards to respecting another individual and the level of courtesy / dignity one approaches life with.

Chiming in as a newcomer to say I absolutely agree with this. I think class is a word that is often misunderstood and wrongly vilified. I am not sure about its connotation in other countries, but what is often offered up as class here in the U.S. is just snobbery. Class has nothing to do with wealth, snobbery, elitism, or condescension. In fact, they are exactly what class is not. Here's my favorite movie definition:

YouTube - Blast From the Past.

As for routinely swearing and encouraging your children to swear, I do think it's classless because swearing generally makes the people around you feel uncomfortable--and if it doesn't then either you are not doing it right :p or something is wrong because swearing has lost its intended effect (which is to jolt the senses).

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Chiming in as a newcomer to say I absolutely agree with this. I think class is a word that is often misunderstood and wrongly vilified. I am not sure about its connotation in other countries, but what is often offered up as class here in the U.S. is just snobbery. Class has nothing to do with wealth, snobbery, elitism, or condescension. In fact, they are exactly what class is not. Here's my favorite movie definition:

YouTube - Blast From the Past.

As for routinely swearing and encouraging your children to swear, I do think it's classless because swearing generally makes the people around you feel uncomfortable--and if it doesn't then either you are not doing it right :p or something is wrong because swearing has lost its intended effect (which is to jolt the senses).

Heh Bran, have I introduced you to a new place to debate ? :) You'll find the folk here much less idiotic and childlike than the fools over at VN Boards, even though a couple have people have disagreed with my views here especially on the thread there's no "You mad bro"'s and other annoying baiting :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
So is this the first Tohterdized thread since the merge?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Think he means "ruine by tohtoris ramblings"(the usual whining), which is a no since it's my thread to start with.

A little point Lethul missed ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not sure of the logic there because if it's your thread it's probably even more susceptible to your bullshit. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not sure of the logic there because if it's your thread it's probably even more susceptible to your bullshit. :)

Yeah i can't tontordize my own thread, it's like bombing a burning tnt factory :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
And you promised you were going away for months and you are still here!! :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

I think that people that constantly curse just don't have a decent vocabulary to make do without..

So they curse to fill up their sentences or emphasize their points better.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I think that people that constantly curse just don't have a decent vocabulary to make do without..

So they curse to fill up their sentences or emphasize their points better.

Which is pretty much what I've been saying for a while :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i disagree as it depends on who you are talking to, with friends i grew up with i probably swear a lot more than i do with most people, because i know subconsciously that it doesnt bother them, with parents or elderly people i know it probably does bother them so i dont swear

see: YouTube - ‪Revertigo‬‏

after 0:36 as an extreme example :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And you promised you were going away for months and you are still here!! :p

Never did, you jusdt got your hopes up that the vacation is a doublemonther, when in fact i said it's a short vacation :p

On the cereal discussion of things;

It matters f*ck all what you look, act, smell, sound, are, if, were on who you are.

You see, even if some people mmight6 curse because they have a poor vocabulary, or just don't have any classy upbringing(whatever the f*ck you want that to mean), doesn't equate to everyone cursing being of said class, or vocabulary database.

Every example of generalisation can boil down to this;

Is every gay person running around in pink clothes, farting rainbows and beinig FAAAAABULOUS!

If you think not, then any other area of life is not.

If you think they do, congrats on being a prime example of a generalisation ;)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Never did, you jusdt got your hopes up that the vacation is a doublemonther, when in fact i said it's a short vacation :p

Lies! You made it sound like a long break!
WB anyway!

Yes the forum will be troll free and argument pure for the nexxt or so, heading out north for a midsummer thing(juhannus) so won't be peeking at the computer.

Enjoy your summertime folk, drink lots of questionable liquids and have a good one :drink:

Back next month'ish, depending on future events(well, might troll a bit today still ;))

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well it was next month'ish, so this is the month'ish :D

I'm probably going to move out of the trolling business though, while it's fun and all, not really as much fun in general as it was in our little hideaway.

Could do with a fresh start as actual me.

EDIT: Yes, to those wondering about my mental stability for past couple of years, most of the stuff has been trolling.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's not as much fun now the big boys can rightly point out your shite even easier? ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's not as much fun now the big boys can rightly point out your shite even easier? ;)

Well kinda, it's more of a case of "big" boys getting pissy and not getting into it :p

Have had some good pulls here too, but it's mostly much too aggressive and that's not really fun.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We were actually discussing how it's not fun to troll anymore and should move on from it :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You have to troll for someone to bite, i don't considering calling smeone a troll as trolling :D

And it was hardly an emotional response now was it ;)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
most of the sane people just try to ignore it these days anyway, it got boring in about 2008....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Weell, nevermind. Will have to just be myself and see how much au naturel annoys peeps :D

Not that kind of au naturel :eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why aren't you being yourself? :\

Honestly? I got tired of peeps trolling :p

So created this persona to argue everything, disagree with most things, devils advocate and ofcourse, deny being a troll to the max. Can't beat 'em and all that.

I do mix myself in there, like being in the games industry, Finnish stuff(probably all of my jokingly stuff), makes it a bit more convincing that i'm for realz.

In short; i became what OT made me all those year ago ;)

And it was fun, FHOT being like a gameing ground, and online avatar thing. Could probably write a book(har di har) about how to become a troll.

Think it all started with DAoC OT vs VN boards to be honest, those were epic :p

"Balance trolls ffs! I can't seem to stay on top the bindstone!"

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I heard finns were crazy, but come on, this takes the piss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom