Children and F*CKING language.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why the hell is it wrong that kids swear, or that 2 year olds are cursed around? It's not, there's no point to it outside one...you'll love this if you're a non-believing parent;

To keep them "innocent".

The only reason to do that is found in religious meanings, otherwise, no f*cking point.

It's a word like googoo, it has no superpowers and going "Get the f*ck down" instead of "Get down" shows more authority then any "Naughty boy" could. Not to mention cursing around other peoples kids and getting an earful for it. F*ck. Off. I didn't burst into your bedroom and start throwing condoms at you, while quoting passages from the third hitchhiker book(cause that's how you ensure that pregnancy troll stays away), so you don't have any right to dictate my life over your f*cking children.

It just really gets on ze old tits(birds, or breasts, whatever the old saying meant) when breeders get all uppity and have zero reasoning for it.

Oh and FYI; Before anyone gets all highhorsef*cknut on it, i asterisk my f*cks because i've always done. It has nothing to do with cencoring things, if you can't figure out the missing letter, congratulations, you're a moron. Chances are you're already a moron because you felt that this negated some kind of point you were -going- to make.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I think it's mostly to have them be able to carry on a conversation without them, also if you begin using swearwords in every sentence they lose their meaning - and then you end up in a situation where a careless comment will actually really hurt someone, even if that wasn't the intent whatsoever. You could argue that it's just words, but for most people it clearly isn't. Calling a woman a **** outside Scotland or wherever is going to carry a certain loaded meaning, and they are going to take offence - and they should, because the word does imply quite a lot. It's best avoided simply put, also in the kids best interest because these words tends to replace a lot of normal ones in the vocabulary. I sincerely doubt someone putting a fuck into every sentence if he didn't think twice about it would be all that popular in quite a lot of careers.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Rough period?

Yuo've been quite polite actually, no complaints yet.

I think it's mostly to have them be able to carry on a conversation without them, also if you begin using swearwords in every sentence they lose their meaning - and then you end up in a situation where a careless comment will actually really hurt someone, even if that wasn't the intent whatsoever. You could argue that it's just words, but for most people it clearly isn't. Calling a woman a **** outside Scotland or wherever is going to carry a certain loaded meaning, and they are going to take offence - and they should, because the word does imply quite a lot. It's best avoided simply put, also in the kids best interest because these words tends to replace a lot of normal ones in the vocabulary. I sincerely doubt someone putting a fuck into every sentence if he didn't think twice about it would be all that popular in quite a lot of careers.

Not about having f*ck in every sentence, but the complete and utter denial of all. Someone spouting f this and f that all the time, is ofcourse not a way to go, but going apesh*t over someone saying f*ck to a kid is neither the way.

Also as some comedian said; when did it become wrong to get offended.(paraphrasing). And have to agree, getting offended is your problem ;)

I'm offended by the kids in busses, yet i don't go "Tsh" at them,m or start a rant to the parents about how they should've stuck a condom on ebfore making that infernal screammachine :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Cause he's a Massive ****.

gohan

FH is my second home
a pure logical answer would be that if we as a culture decided that kids swearing was ok then that would by definition mean that swearing in genral, in the work place or in convo with your old dear (mum for you foriegners) are also fine.

If that were so then the words would become normal words and hold no meaning, therfore kids still wouldn't be swearing because swearing wouldn't exsist!

the very survival of bad language depends of not allowing kids to get thier grubby hands on our words and ruin or privelegde to swear!!!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
There's a time and place for certain intensifiers—in front of young children isn't one of them.

Politeness is something to be valued, although personally I think the US style of politeness is rather sickening.

gohan

FH is my second home
There's a time and place for certain intensifiers—in front of young children isn't one of them.

Politeness is something to be valued, although personally I think the US style of politeness is rather sickening.

they have to manufacture it along with everything else as they have no history :<

sux to be them

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You've made this thread just for that purpose...

Cause he's a Massive ****.

You two can go away if you don't want to discuss the matter, stop trolling thank you.

Calling me a **** for starting a discussion topic? I'm looking forward to your apology since that is WAY over the line(not because of the word, because of the tone set).

a pure logical answer would be that if we as a culture decided that kids swearing was ok then that would by definition mean that swearing in genral, in the work place or in convo with your old dear (mum for you foriegners) are also fine.

If that were so then the words would become normal words and hold no meaning, therfore kids still wouldn't be swearing because swearing wouldn't exsist!

the very survival of bad language depends of not allowing kids to get thier grubby hands on our words and ruin or privelegde to swear!!!!

That's actually a good point, keeping it taboo, so to speak, gives more meaning to it. Not to mention, kids ofcourse swear just to rebel, which is part of te growing up. Might have a winrar there buddy :p

Might be a culture thing, think your culture looks as ridicilous as US culture looks to you, for us Euro peeps. Exactly why i'm asking, where's the wrong?

I don't find cursing in general bad manners, it's a pwoerword really. Calling names etc are a different, direct insult thing.

Perhaps, if gohans point isn't the ultimate one, one should be able to curse infront of children, but the children should be taught why and how it's appropriate.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Calling me a **** for starting a discussion topic? I'm looking forward to your apology since that is WAY over the line(not because of the word, because of the tone set).

Well to be fair, he's probably calling you a massive cnut because, well, you know...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Might be a culture thing, think your culture looks as ridicilous as US culture looks to you, for us Euro peeps. Exactly why i'm asking, where's the wrong?

Because over-use of said intensifiers reduces their impact. Language is a powerful tool, a well-placed swear word can either escalate or calm a situation.

Maybe you'd like to see people shitting in public as well.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oh and FYI; Before anyone gets all highhorsef*cknut on it, i asterisk my f*cks because i've always done. It has nothing to do with cencoring things, if you can't figure out the missing letter, congratulations, you're a moron.

So what made you start doing it then? :)

I know ppl started doing it in MMO's to get around the profanity filter but we don't have one here as far as i know...

It just seems rather childish to me, and i know all about childish behavior... :)

Calaen

You two can go away if you don't want to discuss the matter, stop trolling thank you.

Please don't hold your breath on my behalf.

We get that you hate kids. We get that because of your hate for kids, you have issues with parents. I understand you have issues with any kind of authority.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dear All. Please don't bypass the c word on the swear filter. It's not like we have a massive number of items on the list ffs. Thanks.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
erm hello?? This thread is one big troll!!

No, it's a discussion that you don't seem to care for. So do take advantage of the blue arrow that says "back" and leave it be.

Please don't hold your breath on my behalf.

We get that you hate kids. We get that because of your hate for kids, you have issues with parents. I understand you have issues with any kind of authority.

Nothing to do with what i like and dislike. I actually have no issues with parents, or kids for that matter. I have issues with certain kinds of parents and kids, sure, but so do you(mandatory chav reference). Might be a parent myself one day, who knows. I have issues with your kind of trolling though. Refer to upper.

Now on the actual topic;

Because over-use of said intensifiers reduces their impact. Language is a powerful tool, a well-placed swear word can either escalate or calm a situation.

Maybe you'd like to see people shitting in public as well.

Not at all same thing, so not botherign with it, but your first part is true enough and works well with what gohan said. I never disputed that.

So what made you start doing it then? :)

I know ppl started doing it in MMO's to get around the profanity filter but we don't have one here as far as i know...

It just seems rather childish to me, and i know all about childish behavior... :)

Yeah profanity filters are there for a reason, but on why i started doing it? Who knows. Just a thing i guess :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
No, it's a discussion that you don't seem to care for. So do take advantage of the blue arrow that says "back" and leave it be.

I'm all for discussing things with reasonable people. But your post is far from being reasonable minded. It has been designed to create "an uproar" from any people on this forum with children. My guess it has arisen from the responses to your "parents" jibe in the "I hope I'm not tempting fate" thread.

Oh and I don't have a blue arrow that says "back"...so I'm staying here :kissit:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm all for discussing things with reasonable people. But your post is far from being reasonable minded. It has been designed to create "an uproar" from any people on this forum with children. My guess it has arisen from the responses to your "parents" jibe in the "I hope I'm not tempting fate" thread.

You can guess all you want, but it hasn't arisen from anywhere except the thought itself. Even if it did, this is exactly what was asked "Make your own thread", so even then your point is bull.

the only people here being unreasonable, ironically, are you two(don't know if you have kids) who insist on doing nothing else but insult and derail.

So participate, tits or GTFO :eek:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I am participating. My point is that I'm saying your post is inflammatory and and has been started just for that purpose and your response to that is:

Not a tarp, if some parent gets offended by the topic, well tough tits :p

Which is again written to antagonise...

So you are being insulting and not being reasonable...perhaps you should GTFO?

And if you can't see what is wrong with swearing in front of very young children then there is not much point discussing it with you...because you won't understand anyway (and yes I did say that just to troll)

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
What the fuck is the point in this thread? Seems to be a pointless whinge about you not being happy that parents don't want to teach their kids to swear and/or aren't happy with other people swearing in ear shot of them. What's the big deal? I don't know if you've noticed but there's lots of things we don't teach or expose kids to at young ages because as a society we've decided that they're inappropriate.

And to be honest if you're gonna start a thread with a whinge like this at least manage to be able to type fuck properly.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I am participating. My point is that I'm saying your post is inflammatory and and has been started just for that purpose and your response to that is:

Which is again written to antagonise...

It was a direct response to Ravens claims that it's a troll thread.

Funny how all the "toht is being toht again! Wah! this thread ruined!" do the same exact thing on any topic i post that they have "issues" with.

Go go mighty hyporcisy rangers. Can't be arsed to respond to those anymore.

Krazeh; the point is to discuss it, gohan for example brought forth a mighty fine example of a reason.

Jsut because society deems something "inappropriate" by archaic standars, doesn't mean it has a place in modern world.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Jsut because society deems something "inappropriate" by archaic standars, doesn't mean it has a place in modern world.

And just because you deem something to be an 'archaic standard' or having no place in the modern world doesn't make true. Profanity has a time and a place in everyday life, teaching or exposing small children to it is not one of them.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It was a direct response to Ravens claims that it's a troll thread.

Funny how all the "toht is being toht again! Wah! this thread ruined!" do the same exact thing on any topic i post that they have "issues" with.

Go go mighty hyporcisy rangers. Can't be arsed to respond to those anymore.

Krazeh; the point is to discuss it, gohan for example brought forth a mighty fine example of a reason.

Exactly...and Raven is right!
I don't know what other threads you are going on about but this one is just stupid.

WTF are you on?? archaic standards?? No place in the modern world?
This is exactly what I mean in all my previous posts in this thread especially my last sentence in my last post.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And just because you deem something to be an 'archaic standard' or having no place in the modern world doesn't make true. Profanity has a time and a place in everyday life, teaching or exposing small children to it is not one of them.

No it doesn't make it true, but it makes it no less over-exaggaration.

If a 5 year old kid goes "F*ck this" and throws his toys away, people are dead shocked, but why? Do they even know why they're shocked? Or is it just the notion of someone, somewhere, sometime said "this is shocking" that makes it so?

Seems a bit sheepish.

Exactly...and Raven is right!

And that's what negates anything you said. If you think this is for trolling, you need to go away and leave others who want, to discuss it.

Calaen

You're joking Dys, he'd would have had to leave his house :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To add my own $0.02. I (sorta) agree with Toht here.

Firstly, I'd like to say up-front I don't go out of my way to swear in front of children. Also, that on many occasions I choose to use a softer form of langage (although to do that I'm voluntarily censoring my usual vocabulary).

Anyway - I was in the pub the other day playing some pool with mates and waiting for food to turn up. Told one of my mates to fuck off and called the other one a ****.

Queue much laughing. Also, queue my bird's sister going "watch it - there's kids behind you".

I said to her, "they can fuck off too"...

Why? 'cause I'm in a pub. It's an adult drinking hole where I'm supposed to be able to be myself. Just 'cause someone has decided to bring his three under-eights into an environment where bitter is drunk, pork scratchings are sold and dirty off-colour jokes are bandied around doesn't mean that all the aforementioned action should stop because some twat hasn't accepted that his choice to have children has closed off some social situations to him.

Then the youngest started crying. There's nothing more annoying than having to listen to a baby wailing when you're out with your mates. Group of sailors come in and eff and blind? No problems. It doesn't affect my behaviour in the slightest. Me and mine can go on about our happy business without blinking an eyelid.

However, some mum comes in with her bairns and a significant proportion of people seem to think that's it's my responsibility to help shield her kids from the very language I've no problem with anyone using.

They can fuck right off. If they don't want their kids to hear language that they don't like they can stay in an environment where there's no risk of it happening - at home.

Otherwise, anyone who dares to tell me how they think I should be acting in public gets told my opinion in as stark and potentially offensive a term as I can muster.

:eek:

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom