Children and F*CKING language.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
it's not dragons den mate you can't call yourself out!

also

"You've got fuck all to say and you're saying it too loud"

sounds much better than

"You've got nothing to say and you're saying it too loud"

same meaning same sentance but one word just gives it alot more power,

it has nothing to do with interlect, it's to do with the social enviroment you're in (i.e you wouldn't swear at work but down the pub it's standard) and the situation

so take your upperclass bullshit and go choke on it :) kthxbye

intellect mate.

lol selfowned.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
And if I see any children swearing and acting like yobs I just think they are brought up by scum sucking parents who are living on benefits for no real reason and are a drain on society...and I'm usually right.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
by debating in a mature fashion you have now deemed my responses patronising.

perhaps you can now understand why people may take the use of foul language in an argument to be aggressive and offensive.

and I do believe that is check-mate.

Debating the issue was fun just before lunch however from what I can see you started a debate in a vain attempt to preach your opinion to the crowd and not see the flipside of the coin, therefore I'm out.

I deemed your-answer- patronising, which "go and read my post" is. You're effectively saying "you can't read", or perhaps "you don't understand", which is patronising and assuming, without actually taking into consideration what was actually said. A simple wave of the hand and going "Go read" does not constitute as a mature answer, but nroe towards a nu-uh thrown in a kiddiepool.

I didn't use foul language either, yet you deemed me as such :eek7:

As said, you were generalising and stating it as a fact that foul language is a tool for the working class, the poorly educated, when it has no bearing on it.

If you can argue that, without using a "In my opinion a poor vocabulary means poor education", then i'm open for those arguments. Otherwise, it's what i said; generalising bull.

Though based on your previous post to gohan, being a grammar nazi and using "lol owned", when lol is not really a sophisticated word and owned was used in the wrong context, i doubt you even know what you're preaching :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Yes you do! How many swear words have you used in just this thread??
Perhaps you dont regard them as swear words because you put a * instead of a letter...

Shmuck

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I deemed your-answer- patronising, which "go and read my post" is. You're effectively saying "you can't read", or perhaps "you don't understand", which is patronising and assuming, without actually taking into consideration what was actually said. A simple wave of the hand and going "Go read" does not constitute as a mature answer, but nroe towards a nu-uh thrown in a kiddiepool.

As said, you were generalising and stating it as a fact that foul language is a tool for the working class, the poorly educated, when it has no bearing on it.

If you can argue that, without using a "In my opinion a poor vocabulary means poor education", then i'm open for those arguments. Otherwise, it's what i said; generalising bull.

Though based on your previous post to gohan, being a grammar nazi and using "lol owned", when lol is not really a sophisticated word and owned was used in the wrong context, i doubt you even know what you're preaching :p

now this is patronising - and yet you still fail to read - I stated that people that RELY on swear words to get their point across.

I actually had no intention of being patronising originally but it would appear you've actually given me no choice but to intentionally be patronising, shame really I had thought better.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Perhaps you dont regard them as swear words because you put a * instead of a letter...

Shmuck

I wasn't talking about the thread in general, i was talking about Ceixah using it as an argumentation tool towards our discussion.

Learn to read you working class peon.

now this is patronising - and yet you still fail to read - I stated that people that RELY on swear words to get their point across.

I actually had no intention of being patronising originally but it would appear you've actually given me no choice but to intentionally be patronising, shame really I had thought better.

Again, ignoring what was said. Well done.

The word "rely" has no bearing in the generalisation of your comments. as that states that you assume that they rely on it, instead of simply use foul language.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH

Shmuck

SO hard not to give you another rep! :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I wasn't talking about the thread in general, i was talking about Ceixah using it as an argumentation tool towards our discussion.

You must be David Cameron...U-turning on everything you say.
You know very little about me...what makes you label me "working class"??

tierk

Part of the furniture
"You've got fuck all to say and you're saying it too loud" sounds much better than "You've got nothing to say and you're saying it too loud"

I actually prefer "empty barrels make the most noise" but then i ahve been educated properly :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You must be David Cameron...U-turning on everything you say.
You know very little about me...what makes you label me "working class"??

No u turning, just you taking it as such. I explained the meaning you misunderstood, so accept it. That's called discussion.

The working class comment is meant as a sarcastic comment towards the claims of working class being uneducated ;)

It's hard to discuss with some brits 'cause they can't understand their own language.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH

Again, ignoring what was said. Well done.

The word "rely" has no bearing in the generalisation of your comments. as that states that you assume that they rely on it, instead of simply use foul language.

There's actually no helping you :\

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The working class comment is meant as a sarcastic comment towards the claims of working class being uneducated ;)

It's hard to discuss with some brits 'cause they can't understand their own language.

See now you have it all wrong. Working class does not mean uneducated. many working class people are very well educated. just because they do not work in an office pushing a mouse around all day doesn't mean they are stupid.

Maybe you need to learn a bit more before you pretend to understand the UK.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
See now you have it all wrong. Working class does not mean uneducated. many working class people are very well educated. just because they do not work in an office pushing a mouse around all day doesn't mean they are stupid.

qft!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You're talking to the man that thinks you can drive 10 minutes outside London and get a desert-esque light free view of the stars. He has no comprehension of this country, but thinks it's us that don't understand where we live. It's hilarious.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Shhh, his vocabulary "is probably one of the highest in this joint".

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Best not tell him we have numerous English Language graduates here. And published authors. Shhh!

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Oooo Published authors?! do point out!

And I'm a lit graduate not language :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Maybe you need to get the point. That was what i've been saying all along and the opposite what a couple of here(especially Ceixah) have been trying to force down ze throat.

I said it's generalisation.

Ergo; it was a sarcastic point.

Wasser, never said you don't understand where you live, i said some don't understand your own language. I never said "Brits don't understand their language at all!", i don't generalise like some people.

Callous, quite, if you take into consideration that i'm not native english while others don't have such an excuse. (Ceihax again, who thinks lol and owned are intellectual).

Now how about you lot actually start reading and understanding.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Swearing has nothing to do with class, as pointed out earlier. The notion that swearing is somehow common, lacking intelligence, or even downright "poor folk language" is ridicilous.

I swear all the time. Unless I'm having an argument with a stranger. Then I don't swear at all. I get all eloquent on his ass.

That pisses them off more than anything. Taking a higher moral ground and explaining something calmly to a very angry person really gets on their tits.

Winding the upper class up and watching them lose it and swear their hypocritical little heads off is even funnier :)

I heard it's cool to swear in every sentence.

Dunno - but I heard it's really manly and hard to punch people who use bad language against you. You deserve respect - it's certainly nothing you earn.

:)

I merely used class as an example of the gap between education/swearing.

It's not education. Some very upper class people swear like they're the franken-mutant children of a couple of drunken sailors and a boatload of whores.

"Class" is an example of a higher level of social conformity. I'd never want to be like that. In my experience they're fucking repressed - and they may have had a level of priviledged education that some could only dream of but it doesn't make them more intelligent.

There is clearly a correlation between folk that swear to get their point across to ones that have a vocabulary under their belts.

You've clearly got a stick up your ass if you believe that :)

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I swear all the time. Unless I'm having an argument with a stranger. Then I don't swear at all. I get all eloquent on his ass.

That pisses them off more than anything. Taking a higher moral ground and explaining something calmly to a very angry person really gets on their tits.

Winding the upper class up and watching them lose it and swear their hypocritical little heads off is even funnier :)

Dunno - but I heard it's really manly and hard to punch people who use bad language against you. You deserve respect - it's certainly nothing you earn.

:)

It's not education. Some very upper class people swear like they're the franken-mutant children of a couple of drunken sailors and a boatload of whores.

"Class" is an example of a higher level of social conformity. I'd never want to be like that. In my experience they're fucking repressed - and they may have had a level of priviledged education that some could only dream of but it doesn't make them more intelligent.

You've clearly got a stick up your ass if you believe that :)

Not even slightly, I believe you may have a little bit of a dated perception of class however, had this debate with a chap at work earlier on, the term "class" appears to have evolved in the past 50 or so years and it's no longer about social conventions / employment status.

class is merely the attitude a person takes with regards to respecting another individual and the level of courtesy / dignity one approaches life with.

With regards to me having a stick up my arse, I'm just putting my point across from my own personal opinions disagree with them if you wish, however if you wish to take the road of insulting me to get a point across you're just falling into a category there.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The old class system is dead. The ***** at the top. The working class (which would be considered middle class before) and the lazy fuckers, who are anything but "working" class.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
frankly you can talk all the fancy you like and you may feel you have won an argument or got your point across, but most people simply wont bother arguing with someone they think is a bit of a twat (i have met many people like this who will keep on arguing and arguing even if they have been shown they are wrong, but by talking fast and fancy they seem to think makes them right regardless of what is actually said)

content over volume tbfh!

you speak to people on different levels depending on your relationship with them, if im talking to my boss or a professor i wont swear but if im down the pub with a friend ill quite happily argue my point with a quick "but hes a total knob jockey" rather than bothering explaining myself eloquently :p

nothing to do with class or education

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
frankly you can talk all the fancy you like and you may feel you have won an argument or got your point across, but most people simply wont bother arguing with someone they think is a bit of a twat (i have met many people like this who will keep on arguing and arguing even if they have been shown they are wrong, but by talking fast and fancy they seem to think makes them right regardless of what is actually said)

content over volume tbfh!

you speak to people on different levels depending on your relationship with them, if im talking to my boss or a professor i wont swear but if im down the pub with a friend ill quite happily argue my point with a quick "but hes a total knob jockey" rather than bothering explaining myself eloquently :p

nothing to do with class or education

another person who missed the point of people relying on with relation to class/education

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
well I never said that people that swear have a lesser class/education.

I merely said that people who rely on swearing to get their point across as they know no other way how are likely to be less educated and certainly have less class as an individual :)

but I think the discussion is dead now heh, was interesting whilst it lasted

Ormorof

FH is my second home
what i meant is that i disagree that people who swear to get their point across are likely to be less educated

my point was that the amount you swear depends on who you are talking to, and most people adjust it without realising. (as an exercise think of the way you talk to your best mate in a pub watching a football game, compare that to how you talk to your mother, or how you might talk to the queen, its not going to be the same, no matter how much you insist i wont believe you :p )

and its not just swearing, if you speak english to someone who you know speaks english but maybe not at the same level you do, you will tone down the language and use longer, more complex words and explain it more simply, its not because they are stupid or even less educated, in this case its likely that its not their mother tongue so they will not have picked everything up 100%

whereas if you are talking to fellow english students, in the UK (and politics students i find, though they usually so far up their own arse... dont get me started :p ) you can talk to your hearts desire as waffly as you like

my random comment on class at the end was more of an afterthought :)

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Completely agree with you that your language changes dependant on you who you speak to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom