Changes at Goa

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
This is a hard post for me to make and no doubt people will analyse and deconstruct it to the nth degree. There are no hidden meanings, you don't need to read between the lines or extrapolate from my actual words. What you read here is how it is and I'm going to try and be as plain and forthright as it's possible to be.

There are quite a few changes happening in Goa at the moment related to our expansion and some of these are happening within the English GM team. Xalin is leaving this week to take up a position with another company and we wish him well with that. I will be leaving to be the community manager for WAR. My last day on the DAoC project will be this Wednesday.

I appreciate that many people might assume that bodes badly for DAoC and that we are abandoning a sinking ship but I want to assure you that is not the case. A lot of experienced and valuable people are still looking after DAoC. Taryx will remain, and we have just today hired a new DAoC English GM who will no doubt introduce himself to you as soon as he's settled in. All your ingame problems and RightNow queries will continue to be answered just as fast as they always have (within 24hrs and mostly sooner before the resident comedians pick up on that). All in all I'm confident that the game and the community are being left in very good hands. The staff staying to look after DAoC are passionate about the game and will work hard for you. You may also have noted the job advert in the last Friday News as well.

One thing will change and that is there will be less direct contact through forums such as this one. That doesn't mean that we are cutting ourselves off from the community though. You will still be able to talk directly to a GM on the server or to ask general questions, make comments etc through RightNow and the team will continue to monitor forums even if they don't post. That part of the job was something I did because I personally felt that it was important to be active within the community and it was something I actually enjoyed despite the unbelievable levels of personal abuse it attracted. The new team aren't willing to put themselves through that wringer at the moment and I can't say I entirely blame them. In time someone may step up to don the fireproof suit and specially thickened skin. Make their time here worthwhile and you will be rewarded for it.

Other things aren't slated to change very much from your point of view as our customers. The technical teams who are dealing with the game, the servers and issues such as the low population servers are staying in place so work on that and the regular patch schedule won't be interrupted. The same general staffing levels will be maintained overall so there will be no reduction in service or our commitment to the game.

For myself I had always imagined that when the time came for me to move on, I'd make a long and indulgent post where I'd hark back on my favourite memories and thank a bunch of people for all their help over the years. That doesn't seem appropriate at present and so I'm just going to say that it's been a privilege to do this job for the last three years and I wish all of you the very best in this game or wherever you are at present. If you show up in WAR then I hope you'll enjoy that as much as I'll enjoy working with you all. Finally I want to make a special mention of thanks to all our E&Es past and present. Every single one of you made my job easier even when you didn't agree with what I was saying. Even those of you who parted ways with us did a good job to the end and I want to thank you for that.

Goodbye and my best wishes to you all.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Can i have your stuff ?

& good luck for the future :)

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Whats with all these god damn attention seeking goodbye threads ?! :p

Cya Req :D Cheers and good luck.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
wont see you in WAR because i wont be playing EU :p

but good luck, at least you took the time to post here, you are wasted at GOA though :/

- English -

Resident Freddy
does this mean you are putting down that shiny epic armor on your <character> also req?:)

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
So both you and Xalin leave and one new guy joins? No sinking ship etc ...?

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
So both you and Xalin leave and one new guy joins? No sinking ship etc ...?

Only Xalin has left. Req has, in a sence, been promoted to WAR. There still looking for the other GM i think:)

I wish them both the best of luck in the future :D

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
cya and good luck, nobody could ever question the effort you put into your job

I was really, really hoping for some positive news concerning the english cluster within that post though

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Now "soloers" can't argue about how Requiel disbands their little circles?

Good luck with WAR Requiel, you will need it.

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Oh in before the flames!

Only Xalin has left. Req has, in a sence, been promoted to WAR.

With pain in my heart, yes I will soon have my last day as a DAOC GM.

I know not a single one of you will believe me but it has nothing to do with getting off a sinking ship. My time with DAoC has taught me a lot and now it is time for me to move on to pastures new. I have great faith in Warhammer Online and wish GOA all the best with the project.

Bye guys.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Only Xalin has left. Req has, in a sence, been promoted to WAR.
Thanks, but I can still read. He leaves the DAOC scene. Better for you?

edit: Sorry, I seem to be a bit bitter tonight. Nothing personal :)

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
cya around xalin and req, dont belive ive spoken to either of you before but have fun in what you both move on to.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Being on different side from most of your decisions Requiel, that said farewell and good luck with your new job. Oh and trash the SoTG in WAR pls (couldn't resist) xD

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Thanks, but I can still read. He leaves the DAOC scene. Better for you?

edit: Sorry, I seem to be a bit bitter tonight. Nothing personal :)

currently 3 CMs... Requiel, Xalin, Taryx.

Req and Xalin leaving means 1 (Taryx) + 1 new start today + 1 advertised for, which will eventually be 3 again.

Tara Req, see you in WAR :)

Tara Xalin :( see you on MSN :p

Good luck Taryx + new person, you have a hard act to follow.

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
See you in WAR Requiel and all the very best to Xalin in your new job. Plus a big thanks to both of you for all your efforts over the years.

Now spawn some UBAMOBS on us all just before you leave :D

:drink:

Jerelyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Sad to see you go, Requiel (and of course Xalin too). I wish you all the best of luck in your new position at WAR. Knowing you through my time as an E&E, you've come up with quite some good answers to my endless list of queries. I'm very confident that you will excel at your new position at WAR :). It's really been a blast having to get to know you over the past three years, you're a really nice guy. Same with your lovely wife! (Give her a hug from me!)

-Jerelyn

Tilda

Req and Xalin, you'll both be missed, although I hope you'll stay on my msn!

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Good bye req and xalin you got my msn so dont be a stranger :p

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Mutter mumble mumble mutter.

Heh, how to make this post without sounding too crawly bumlick.

Big loss for the DAoC community, both Requiel and Xalin.

I'm looking forward to WAR a lot so its kinda bittersweet. Though some like to moan I've thought about it a lot and intend to play Euro servers and if Requiel is one of the team in charge of the Euro servers then that helps with the warm and fuzzy feeling its going to be in good hands. Best of luck with the buildup to WAR.

Xalin also a big loss, though where he's decided to bugger off to who knows. My money is on him becoming the new chief eunach for a rich oil sheikh somewhere, probably in Birmingham.

Good luck both and thanks for the time and care you've given this community even though at times I bet you just wanted to scream and it stretched your nerves.

Good luck and welcome also to the incoming fresh blood, whoever they happen to be.

Big shoes to fill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom