Catacombs stuff

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
I really hope we get some new stealther class in mid would be uber and I would be the first to roll one :)

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Dorin said:
this game doesnt need more classes, new classes just fuck up balance totally (savage quadorsm8rs, animists both in keep sieges - pve bla bla)

:(

Incorrect, neither Valewalker or reaver (at this stage valewalkers aren't and possibly reavers might be overpowered in rvr for a bit come NF) is stupidly overpowered, so it's not classes that are the problem but what they do and how they can be used in pve/rvr that is a concern.

Recently I've been seeing a lot of alb mage grps that are very difficult to beat in standoffs, a sign of things to come I reckon. The fact there aren't a gazillion animists in rvr (unlike sorcs atm) says something.

Personally I think there is a lot more balance required, rather than trying to balance population issues simply by improving one realms classes over another to do it, adding new classes "might" work but will more than likely add more classes that need balancing/bug fixes every patch :m00:

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
think id role a zealot even if they suck they sound cool :p sound like they gonna be a thane in cloth cept with mabe more ws

Wildfire said:
Actually when you stop and think about it instead of just hitting the insta-whine button, the Zealot is potentially everything albion needs in its groups to bring it on par in RvR; a healing support class that can deal ranged or melee (levi anyone?) damage. No doubt the cloth armour will be supplemented with absorbtion buffs in the same way as the valewalker is...

But then I suppose you were all bound to whine anyway. If mythic gave the realm something cool you would whine that it wasn't functional. If they put something functional into the game (as the zealot appears to be), everyone would piss themselves crying that it wasn't cool.

Stop for one fricken second and work out what it is albion is missing in its' group setups. This class sounds like a godsend.

that made me laff so hard im not even going to waste my time.. you ARE sure your playing DAOC? right?
great another cloth weilding piece of shit... yet another reason to wait for WoW.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
that made me laff so hard im not even going to waste my time.. you ARE sure your playing DAOC? right?great another cloth weilding piece of shit... yet another reason to wait for WoW.

how can you possibly comment on how effective this class is going to be with this limited information available. bet your a teenager or something?

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh! A teenager! Take to the hills! :eek2:

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Bet the alb char will become rather fun to play. Overpowered or not, it has a special gameplay to offer.

Its just more addon anyway...cba with daoc much more either with all the inbalances and bugs.
I wanna give WoW a go when its out, if better...then Catacombs can rot away imo.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:
Actually when you stop and think about it instead of just hitting the insta-whine button, the Zealot is potentially everything albion needs in its groups to bring it on par in RvR; a healing support class that can deal ranged or melee (levi anyone?) damage. No doubt the cloth armour will be supplemented with absorbtion buffs in the same way as the valewalker is...

But then I suppose you were all bound to whine anyway. If mythic gave the realm something cool you would whine that it wasn't functional. If they put something functional into the game (as the zealot appears to be), everyone would piss themselves crying that it wasn't cool.

Stop for one fricken second and work out what it is albion is missing in its' group setups. This class sounds like a godsend.

What makes you think they can heal? Reavers and Necromancers are both Arawn adepts and neither of them get access to any healing spells, this zealot renounces the church at 5th level. Im not saying they wont get healing spells but theres nothing here to indicate or show they will.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Can I quote you on that? ;) I've heard similar words from you in the past, and you are still here, it seems.

Kagato Dragonheart Realm Points 1,865,748 (Last week: 947)

I've logged on once in the last 2 weeks (and killed a chanter before logging off again). Quote me by all means, watch this space.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Kagato said:
What makes you think they can heal? Reavers and Necromancers are both Arawn adepts and neither of them get access to any healing spells, this zealot renounces the church at 5th level. Im not saying they wont get healing spells but theres nothing here to indicate or show they will.
Matt Firo said:
they fit into the fighter/mage/cleric hybrid category

dunno... you're probably right, nothing that indicates it - anyway - necro's get a HOT for their pet :p

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe the reason albs dominate in NF is the antiradar stuff, not the population ?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Kinad said:
Maybe the reason albs dominate in NF is the antiradar stuff, not the population ?

oh please shut up

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
Matt Firor screams while holding up the carrot;

- Plz!!! hibs, mids, comeback!!, we have done 2 more overpowered classes for you!

Ok, now it looks correct!

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:

Yes, it can heal, cast and melee at the same time? And how many specc points would it need to do all of these together? 3x or 4x?

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
2.0 specpoints, 3 speclines? 50 magic, 50 melee, 28 heal. :p

A friar with dd's and no enhance! A Frizard!

firegird

Fledgling Freddie
I am fotm rerolling as Vampiir :)))))
And thnx jakob for that vn link

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Culanan said:
Incorrect, neither Valewalker or reaver (at this stage valewalkers aren't and possibly reavers might be overpowered in rvr for a bit come NF) is stupidly overpowered, so it's not classes that are the problem but what they do and how they can be used in pve/rvr that is a concern.

if something is bugged and 3 shot kills almost everything, you will blame the class not its concern tbh.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
It sounds like an interesting class to play.

Too bad that, thanks to ToA madness, it'll take me three years to get from from 1-50, from ML0-10, and from RR1-5 in order to make it an effective class.

(Plus x number of artifacts of course, where x is a number from one to fuck knows what).

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
It sounds like an interesting class to play.

Too bad that, thanks to ToA madness, it'll take me three years to get from from 1-50, from ML0-10, and from RR1-5 in order to make it an effective class.

(Plus x number of artifacts of course, where x is a number from one to fuck knows what).

1 to....5? :p

keano

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Sounds like they start out as Acolytes so will have Rejuv and Enhance spec lines, no classes drop there starter spec lines when they become a proper class do they?

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
No, they don't, but, if they got some caster and the flex spec lines, i suppose they'll be the major ones you spec in, but of course we'll have to see what nifty spells/things they come up for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom