RvR fun stuff ....

Dard

Part of the furniture
<rambling intro> .. I was at work today (i work for the Environmental Health Dept for a local council) & got sent to a little old ladies house who had a wasp nest in her garden.

Turns out it was in a sodding great big thick hedge, so, i get all my kit on, (end up looking like the michelin man) & start rummaging through the leylandi looking for this nest, i spend about 15 mins looking for it & i'm sweating my cobs off when i pull a branch & manage to split this wasp nest in half .... 15 seconds later im being attacked by about 5 trillion pissed off wasps ... ok i exagerate .. was probably only a thousand or so but it looked like shit loads anyway, im all suited & booted & waving my big pot of insectacide about trying to kill them & im stood there thinking "this is just like playing my <ranger, vamp etc> ... you spend ages looking for somthing then half the server turns up at the same time & kicks your arse" (see !!! there is a RvR connection honest)

Anyways, job done, wasps dead, bee suit off, ive changed my underpants & am drinking a nice bottle of warm water in the van & i started to think what we as player's (not just hibs but all realms) could do to have some (different) kinds of fun in rvr. I didnt think of too much but i did think it might be fun if ......

We found a nice open area of land, no mobs, aggro etc, 3 armies stand facing each other emote-ing like mad & at a pre-appointed time all charge into mellee. Each army would be in there own bg / cg & no one would be allowed to group, you could have it so there no casters allowed, or maybe just a few casters, no healers or a few healers, you could even be really daring & have no buffs! It could even be fun if it was just tanks, everyone could start on there horse's to add some roleplay element. Big fight ensues & the winning army gets bragging rights on the forums

That will do for now i guess,apolgies for the waffle at the start & apologies if you think its a stupid idea but my main account is now closed, im not sure if im going to renew & im bored so ive been spamming forums all night while playing an old BD on Camlann

Oh & of course, does anyone else have any idea's that may make RvR fun, even if it is a tad unlikely :touch:

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
So why did you change your underwear again?
- OT, all of these ideas are all really nice etc, but they never get executed. It'd be brilliant just to witness this happening for once, alas it shall never be :<

Foo

Fledgling Freddie
Plus that many ppl emoting spamming would = Lots and Lots of banned ppl !

Dard

Part of the furniture
Congax said:
So why did you change your underwear again?

Put a baseball cap on your head, cover that with a net curtain, then stick your head in a wasp's nest & you will know what i mean :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Then the opted fg comes in and pbae's everyone to death, game over :p

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Dard said:
We found a nice open area of land, no mobs, aggro etc, 3 armies stand facing each other emote-ing like mad & at a pre-appointed time all charge into mellee.

Sounds a bit like the bowl in Emain in the beggining of this game, with constant 3 way fights just interupted by the Champion Commanders or the Hamsters killing spree ...

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Zagg said:
Sounds a bit like the bowl in Emain in the beggining of this game, with constant 3 way fights just interupted by the Champion Commanders or the Hamsters killing spree ...

that worked because of no towers to run to except room but all could go there so was often fights over that space, there was no bridge to camp instead and people had to move their ass around to get some RPs and fights.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Shike said:
there was no bridge to camp instead and people had to move their ass around to get some RPs and fights.

hello amg/mmg

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
MesS° said:
hello amg/mmg

bridges are still much worse - because they are so close to the portal keeps. people port to the keep, go to the bridge, and glue themself to it. and if not this, they take a boat and glue themself to the enemy bridge.

in OF they atleast had to walk a bit from pk > mg, leaving good roaming zone for other people.

pip

Banned
Dard said:
<rambling intro> .. I was at work today (i work for the Environmental Health Dept for a local council) & got sent to a little old ladies house who had a wasp nest in her garden.

Turns out it was in a sodding great big thick hedge, so, i get all my kit on, (end up looking like the michelin man) & start rummaging through the leylandi looking for this nest, i spend about 15 mins looking for it & i'm sweating my cobs off when i pull a branch & manage to split this wasp nest in half .... 15 seconds later im being attacked by about 5 trillion pissed off wasps ... ok i exagerate .. was probably only a thousand or so but it looked like shit loads anyway, im all suited & booted & waving my big pot of insectacide about trying to kill them & im stood there thinking "this is just like playing my <ranger, vamp etc> ... you spend ages looking for somthing then half the server turns up at the same time & kicks your arse" (see !!! there is a RvR connection honest)

Anyways, job done, wasps dead, bee suit off, ive changed my underpants & am drinking a nice bottle of warm water in the van & i started to think what we as player's (not just hibs but all realms) could do to have some (different) kinds of fun in rvr. I didnt think of too much but i did think it might be fun if ......

We found a nice open area of land, no mobs, aggro etc, 3 armies stand facing each other emote-ing like mad & at a pre-appointed time all charge into mellee. Each army would be in there own bg / cg & no one would be allowed to group, you could have it so there no casters allowed, or maybe just a few casters, no healers or a few healers, you could even be really daring & have no buffs! It could even be fun if it was just tanks, everyone could start on there horse's to add some roleplay element. Big fight ensues & the winning army gets bragging rights on the forums

That will do for now i guess,apolgies for the waffle at the start & apologies if you think its a stupid idea but my main account is now closed, im not sure if im going to renew & im bored so ive been spamming forums all night while playing an old BD on Camlann

Oh & of course, does anyone else have any idea's that may make RvR fun, even if it is a tad unlikely :touch:
Won't work folk will /cry irl if you add on em :wanker: that kind of sprit in this game is dead now very sad indeed:( Bug agree them battles are the most fun:)

Gilbride

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
Won't work folk will /cry irl if you add on em :wanker: that kind of sprit in this game is dead now very sad indeed:( Bug agree them battles are the most fun:)

It's fun how you're the one /crying all the time about people not enjoying your playstyle! /wank :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom