LotM NDA lifted, here's some stuff you might wanna see

liloe

It's my birthday today!
So how will LotM affect RvR? I got a few simple answers there and my thoughts to it.

I guess the Mauler will be shit in groups....no stoi and no charge as tank and no spell with more than 700 range from what I read. But check for yourself, here is his RA list: Clicky

You can also check out his style list and it seems to me that both lines are rather good, which might give us a new solo god class (woot), both have a 5s side and evade stun btw =) Why doesn't Mythic finally delete pierce spec at all if everybody and his dog gets the good styles from it now? Would cause less desillusion for dreamers like me. Clicky

Then let's proceed to the mythical items, whih are known from Tier 1+2 now, there will be a tier 3 aswell. You need CL 6 / 8 / 10(?) to equip them BUT once equipped they are no-trade...good old WoW, binf on equip, yes, we get that shit in DAoC aswell now, all hail Mythic, no happy swapping between chars, no, you have to get the items 3 million times for all your chars. Looking forward to it tbh. The new items can be found on the coc website here: Clicky

And now the final backstab...ehm sry I mean feature. The mino-relics which consist of a PvE encounter before you can go RvR, yay, I so love this, PvE makes me wet my pants. Just check it out, it's so shit: Clicky

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Quite cool this incoming expansion.
I can't see anything bad in it yet.
(I earlier had something against it, but not atm..)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
lots certainy wont be pleased with having to do that on their toons.

Its like the more characters you have when a patch hits its just makes you cringe.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
50 style with DD which chains off taunt? did i read that right? sigh.......

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Gratscensi said:
another area that spreads the active rvr players further = teh sux.

Spreads the Active RvR is bad? This game needs to stop being about bridge zerg and counter-zerg and iRvR IMO so spreading the action to somewhere else is awesome.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:
Spreads the Active RvR is bad? This game needs to stop being about bridge zerg and counter-zerg and iRvR IMO so spreading the action to somewhere else is awesome.

The Problem is for how long can people be arsed to go there. Really i think this is the worst Expansion (right after toa) they have ever made.Atleast for me!

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Going to own 1v1.

50 Power Strikes, 43 Mauler Staff

Spells:
Kick: 200pt DD (Crush)
Fumble debuff: 50%
Melee combat speed debuff: 45%
Self Damage add: 15.0 DPS
Endurance Tap 100 (Body)
Disarm: 6sec disarm, 15sec reuse.

Styles:
Evade and side stun.
Frontal power drain style.
Style chain with 18% parry buff.
Small debuff styles, 5 absorb, 25 Str/con, 25 con.

----------------------------
50 Fist Wraps, 43 Power Strikes.

Styles:
Lvl8: Owl Strike: Medium damage.
Lvl50:phoenix Strike: High damage + 125pt DD, Chained after Owl Strike.
Evade and Side Stun.

Spells:
Kick: 160pt DD (Crush)
Melee combat speed debuff: 36%
Self Damage add: 13.0 DPS
Endurance Tap: 85 (Body)
Disarm: 4sec disarm, 15sec reuse

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lol.... hi there stupidly over powered new class :l mythic rock.... its kind of sad in a way that mythic keep making op classes to keep players in the game... lol >< i love mythics "must not lose funds" game plan.. shame it backfires most of the time and it makes people quit... only good thing about it is! all 3 realms get it... so hopefully there wont be "AS" much whine about it

brad

Fledgling Freddie
BlackrazoR said:

But isn't bridge camping/zerging what you do right now though lol? Don't think i've ever seen you away from beno or irvr hehe.:)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Aqe said:
Going to own 1v1.

50 Power Strikes, 43 Mauler Staff

Spells:
Kick: 200pt DD (Crush)
Melee combat speed debuff: 45%
Self Damage add: 15.0 DPS
Endurance Tap 100 (Body)
Disarm: 6sec disarm, 15sec reuse.

Styles:
Evade and side stun.
Frontal power drain style.
Style chain with 18% parry buff.
Small debuff styles, 5 absorb, 25 Str/con, 25 con.

----------------------------
50 Fist Wraps, 43 Power Strikes.

Styles:
Lvl8: Owl Strike: Medium damage.
Lvl50:phoenix Strike: High damage + 125pt DD, Chained after Owl Strike.
Evade and Side Stun.

Spells:
Kick: 160pt DD (Crush)
Melee combat speed debuff: 36%
Self Damage add: 13.0 DPS
Endurance Tap: 85 (Body)
Disarm: 4sec disarm, 15sec reuse

sigh so were just gonna have all the fotm re reroller mauler zerg everywhere now. :(

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
it wont spread :s im afraid the new dungeon will be a zergfest

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
all three realms get it..... ie.. even less work for mythic with new classes :rolleyes:

i remember with SI, each realm got its own expansion

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well you see, I don't think there will be a rerolling Mauler zerg. While the Mauler class looks good on paper, it has serious flaws in group RvR. No charge and no stoicism means, that the class is easily CC'd and don't forget, the class doesn't start with full mana (that's what they say, it's a bit like vamps) so you can't use CL spells while rooted. Your instas are all short range so I still think that champs will be better when grouping.

Sure, Maulers will rock the solo area once they get the mana, but you can be sure that I'll be carrying power drain swords for them once my infil is done.

What I hate most about the expansion is all the PvE you have to do again and even worse, it's in a frontier zone so while Agramon used to be a place for fg's to come, it's gonna be crowded with zergers then, which basically sucks. I'm not argumenting with the blabla zerg is skill-less, but my point is that Agramon was implemented when people asked for a better zone for small scale fights and now it's becoming a main action zone for all three realms.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
new class seems to suck really, they don't fit into any 'role' the current set of classes have. it's just another vamp-like hybrid without speed, woo. :rolleyes:

think they're just being lazy really, 1 class 1 race which are practically the same on all realms, 1 dungeon for all realms to enter and use, no 'new' spells except for a rare few useless ones, no new weapons except slightly modified versions of existing ones. gg.

oh, and no 'new' spelltypes in the magical slot. atleast they didn't put toabonuses and crap in there, no need to remake template because they will work as a little extra.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
maulers are superb in solo pve if you spec some aura. Once you hit 24 aura downtime is no longer in the dictionary.

RvR - probably be nice for killing other melee classes but casters will CC them or just blow them to pieces since they have limited range.

A higher magnetism spec might do ok if they can get in close + their guard spell to reduce damage (35 mag spec gets you a 15% damage reduction but it's still beta so values are changing daily).

The 50/43 specs someone posted would be a bad idea imo, you need to get 26 or 31 aura as a minimum otherwise you're an evade 2 class in leather... not ideal for the front line :) 31 aura means you're an evade 2 class with 35% absorb, self HoT and pbt - not quite plate because your AF is low, but not quite so easily killed.

50 FW Is a nice style, but speccing 50 weapon restricts what you can get in power strikes or magnetism...

unique stuff? the mauler guard in magnetism is ok - short term damage reduction on a single groupmate, they'll be good at taking down melee assist trains... unfortunately the silence spell in power strikes isn't very good (or indeed worth casting ;)) at the moment but it's still beta.

They're an odd class ;) not outof the box omgzoverpowered like warlocks but they can be really annoying to fight particularly if you're melee.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
maulers are superb in solo pve if you spec some aura. Once you hit 24 aura downtime is no longer in the dictionary.

RvR - probably be nice for killing other melee classes but casters will CC them or just blow them to pieces since they have limited range.

A higher magnetism spec might do ok if they can get in close + their guard spell to reduce damage (35 mag spec gets you a 15% damage reduction but it's still beta so values are changing daily).

The 50/43 specs someone posted would be a bad idea imo, you need to get 26 or 31 aura as a minimum otherwise you're an evade 2 class in leather... not ideal for the front line :) 31 aura means you're an evade 2 class with 35% absorb, self HoT and pbt - not quite plate because your AF is low, but not quite so easily killed.

50 FW Is a nice style, but speccing 50 weapon restricts what you can get in power strikes or magnetism...

unique stuff? the mauler guard in magnetism is ok - short term damage reduction on a single groupmate, they'll be good at taking down melee assist trains... unfortunately the silence spell in power strikes isn't very good (or indeed worth casting ;)) at the moment but it's still beta.

They're an odd class ;) not outof the box omgzoverpowered like warlocks but they can be really annoying to fight particularly if you're melee.

sounds like a whole lot of fun for us melee players :puke:

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
(Relic) Tiagorot: Weaponskill Debuff Aura

Why didnt they add a magic dmg reduction aura thingy also? ;(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
crispy said:
(Relic) Tiagorot: Weaponskill Debuff Aura

Why didnt they add a magic dmg reduction aura thingy also? ;(

distinct lack of "avoidance of magic" mythirian's as well - there's single resist+resist cap ones but no all magic (I think there's a physical defence one).

Maybe they're going to nerf casters into the ground next patch so felt it wasn't needed ;)

mmmpie

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Its like the more characters you have when a patch hits its just makes you cringe.

Aye excatly!:(
They know the way to earn ca$h :puke:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Sean said:
sounds like a whole lot of fun for us melee players :puke:

An overpowered solo melee class sounds like a great thing..

Surely the best thing that can happen to the solo tanks is if all the fotm sorc's/banshees/warlocks reroll to a new melee class? I've no doubt the good soloers will farm them easily anyway.

While having the zerg trampling through agramon might seem annoying for the fg brigade, i'm of the opinion that anything that makes them move off the bridge 2ft from their keep is a good thing. Avoid the direct route between the keep and the dungeon and there should still be good fg areas in agramon that the set groups can use.. plus a constant stream of easy rp's to farm for when it's quiet, so the groups can live there, not just turn up after enough people have spammed irc.

What will probably actually happen is people will get farmed trying to get there twice then give up and go back to their bridge anyway, so it's all irrelevant.

I'm fairly sure the set groups will also implement a lets not use the relics conduct fairly quickly, so the need to do PvE is only there for the roleplayers.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
An overpowered solo melee class sounds like a great thing..

Surely the best thing that can happen to the solo tanks is if all the fotm sorc's/banshees/warlocks reroll to a new melee class? I've no doubt the good soloers will farm them easily anyway.

While having the zerg trampling through agramon might seem annoying for the fg brigade, i'm of the opinion that anything that makes them move off the bridge 2ft from their keep is a good thing. Avoid the direct route between the keep and the dungeon and there should still be good fg areas in agramon that the set groups can use.. plus a constant stream of easy rp's to farm for when it's quiet, so the groups can live there, not just turn up after enough people have spammed irc.

What will probably actually happen is people will get farmed trying to get there twice then give up and go back to their bridge anyway, so it's all irrelevant.

I'm fairly sure the set groups will also implement a lets not use the relics conduct fairly quickly, so the need to do PvE is only there for the roleplayers.

well, hopefully it will be just another melee class that can easy kill a VALK :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Maybe they're going to nerf casters into the ground next patch so felt it wasn't needed ;)

tehe, and have 80% of DAoC's population scream out in anger and threaten to quit if their easymodethingy they have going is gonna end? :p

I dont think so. If Mythic had plans to nerf casters they would have done it by now, 1.86 is already in the makings and well, no sign of any nerfs there. Last thing they did was nerfing Banelord and well, thats not really a nerf to casters at all is it :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
I dont think so. If Mythic had plans to nerf casters they would have done it by now, 1.86 is already in the makings and well, no sign of any nerfs there. Last thing they did was nerfing Banelord and well, thats not really a nerf to casters at all is it :p

meleelag fix more then evened out the banelord nerf from caster pov ;)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
well for the 1rst time in this forum i have to agree with Shike. 1rst of all all realms get it and tbh charge aint that important, it kinda forces SoS chars like mincers in group and you can still go Det5 and/or purge2. And finally a class that can stop those nasty assist trains \o/

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
one thing maulers do have going for them against casters is they're very hard to kite (pbaoe pulsing snare sees to that)

They are strong in melee but they're far from invulnerable. PBT and the HoT are great in PvE for stopping damage but in RvR they're far too slow acting. That might just be that my mauler's melee resists are cack of course...

(also maulers might have 35% abs when buffed but you've still only got leather AF... so you're nothing like a paladin for damage resistance).

As for the bridge camping there's 4 different entrances you can use (once you've activated them) - your own main entrance and then all three secondary entrances.

Plus there's a bindstone in the labyrinth entrance, in the safe bit - imagine DF had a bindstone at the top of the stairs.

Bridge camping will be very effective the first few weeks till people discover/activate the other entrances and learn to bind inside the labyrinth. By then people will be hub-camping instead.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
meleelag fix more then evened out the banelord nerf from caster pov ;)

yea i know but i seriosly doubt that was how Mythic was thinking, ppl on VN etc was screaming for BLnerfs and thats what they did. The meleerange was more or less a fix for the problems with melee hitting anything that decided to move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom