Camlann Potential

Bahumat

FH is my second home
there is a porter near the goth castle healer who will take you to wearyall village, cear diogel and some other place free.

also you dont need money to run to apple trees and xp

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Elrandhir said:
Have to say I think I have seen enough of what Camlann has to offer.
not just meaning in this post, but several, have fun on you'r server tbh.

You ever played past 36?
Ever got to 50?
Ever got a group?

Edit:

@Bahu: Give me a guild tbh =P You know you want me. =O

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
You ever played past 36?
Ever got to 50?
Ever got a group?

Edit:

@Bahu: Give me a guild tbh =P You know you want me. =O

Read my posts, I havent played on the server as stated!
But from the people that are and have posted here it seems Im better off on the server I am playing!

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
:fluffle: isn't good enough ;p A invite to Horde would do it xD - Or to your classic guild ;)

learn swedish or be a x-horde-camlann member and sure I invite you.

Allthou our guild on classic has nothing to do with Horde itself as we where just a part of Horde not a horde quest to dominate classic..... :wub:

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
But from the people that are and have posted here it seems Im better off on the server I am playing!

I still think youre generalizing (sp) real hard. Cut some IRC logg instead of screen that Phoeb posted and you will see the same <3 between cluster players.

Guild we formed had only Hib/Pryd players at start, so basically youre saying we turned into dipshits when we changed server? ;)

Axtanax

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
oh no Axty says something about me....

The meaning of true skill

Wasn't me that took the screenshot, but still a good view of your guild. Give me some fan shots of my guild that you have taken please ;) Those in your signature is none in Horde :(
learn to read: from 23/1. i saw few horde from that day

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
who is Axtanax?

He sounds like a poster child for the problems on camlann :)

Overdriven

Elrandhir said:

You're not allowed to comment then. Only people who've actually got past level 36 on Cam should be allowed to give opinions.

@Pheo: I mean on Cam ;p Lonely Inf & Shaman =(

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Overdriven said:
You're not allowed to comment then. Only people who've actually got past level 36 on Cam should be allowed to give opinions.

@Pheo: I mean on Cam ;p Lonely Inf & Shaman =(

Funny i thought this was a public forum :p

I got to 37 after much much green killing(as in 50's PKing me) then gave up, does that give me an opinion? :p

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
TBH this thread is getting and old and boring, like Cam server.

P

Pretarded

semanon said:
TBH this thread is getting and old and boring, like Cam server.
You didnt post anything constructive or useful in this thread so far.
All your posts are like - "I agree,I couldnt agree more and Camlann sux coz everyone is mean"

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I think the thing that proves the point is all the established Camlan players coming on here make it sound like there is no problem and its easy enough to spend a few days of your life soloing mobs just so you can go RvR PvP style.. yet all the people who have been there and given up say the same thing and have done on countless other threads - Simply sick of getting ganked and why waste 30 levels of leveling up and struggling to do it with no money and no conc when you can just log back into your own nice server with your own level 50's.. I went so far as to pm several guild leaders on Camlann via FH about a yr or two ago and everyone of them turned me down until I was lvl 50 - thats a fair reason why I aint there - if you can only be bothered to recruit people who are level 50 and wonder why no-one is coming through - its because you are not helping the situation yourselves. With respect the fact most nights Camlann has 100-200 players pop max then maybe you need to be taking in low level new players and giving them a helping hand - plant seeds and mighty oaks will grow.. Gank seeds all day long and you will be left with a bunch of nettles tbh..

Have tried making exp groups, have tried asking for cash, have tried solo'ing with 0conc and 0 cash and 0 decent items, have tried getting a guild, have tried just about everything I could think of to try and get established on Camlann but it didnt work tbh, and then knowing I had no-one to talk to in a /gu because no-one would have me - gets kinda lonely - so then you think well I could always go back to my main server, have a chat, have fun etc because thats what the game is all about - and there isnt much of that to be had on Camlann pre level 50 unguilded...

P

Pretarded

i give up, you guys making it sound like there 3k pop on camlann and you get ganked on every damn spot you go to exp. There is 200 guys online, jesus christ, i bet my hand and leg that Classic zones are deserted and havent seen a person for a ages. Same with Mid/Hib SI zones.
You can make it to 50 if you want it. People just go on camlann, go to goth, gank something, some1 gets pissed and they dont know what else to do cept getting chained for 4 days. You can bring your friends from normal servers, try to organize exp groups on FH. There is so many choices.
You have to agree, there is not much fun on normal server if you arent lvl 50. Same goes for Camlann.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Pretarded said:
Bullshit. Plain and simple. You are making stuff up.

1. There are griefers, but not many, goth is full of greys and 50s, and 50s dont give a jack ass about them, they just go on with their bussines killing other 50s and greys have their own to kill.

I'm actually talking about exactly what happened when I tried playing there. Yes maybe it's changed now (it's been quite a while since I bothered to log on) but the threads full of people saying I got ganked at 20, don't fill me with any confidence that it is.. The fact that everyone from camlann's response up until this post has said if that's a problem we don't want you on our server hasn't made me change my mind either.

Pretarded said:
2. I dont see a point in playing this game, if you dont want to get to 50, coz thats the point right?, to get to lvl50 and have fun RvRing killing stuff. If you dont want to level to 50 why on earth do you play this game then ? Even on normal server.
Now ofc this is not true for everyone, some people just like to PvE and chat with their friends, and Camlann obviously isnt for them. In fact, co-op server would be best for them.

I'm not saying I dont want to get to 50 at all. I'm saying that if i'm going to level to 50 i'd like to have some fun on the way. Getting to 50 on camlann will almost certainly take longer than doing it on a standard server, if i'm going to go through that pain i'd like either to enjoy the leveling there or have a better end game to look forward to. Nothing anyone from camlann has posted makes me think this is true.

Pretarded said:
3. End game is not about ganking greys in Cots, its about ganking others for REWARD, there is a reward system for a GOOD REASON. Thats why this game is cool, u have fun killing others and also cool stuff for that ;p
And best thing about camlann, is that u can have groups with classes from all realms.

Then here's a novel idea.. instead of shouting "piss off newb you can't level past 24" at the people who quit.. instead give them stories of why it's worth going through that pain. You can say, omg you can't find a way of getting past the guy ganking the greys in goth, you suck. Or you can say, that guy is 1% of the server, if you take the time to get past him you can have fun doing this <insert cool camlann moment here>. 99% of the camlann posters seem to choose option 1 tho, so how is your level 20 character supposed to think this is a good place to be. If everyone stands up and laughs at you for getting ganked, sorry i'm going to assume you all do it yourselves. The only stories from camlann in this post are of people getting chained. If that's the best moments people can come up with, what's the point in getting to 50. Stories of cool fights at location X might give me some insentive to bother leveling, even with the griefing crap, stories of a level 30 getting chained by a group of 50's don't.

Pretarded said:
4. Yes, u can kill lvl50 with a lvl20 char ;p

Tell you what.. roll any level 20 mid class on glastonbury and try to duel my bonedancer. When you win i'll believe you. I'm certain the right level 20 class could kill the right level 50 class, don't get me wrong. The wrong level 20 class or the right level 50 class and you stand zero chance unless i'm afk.

The thing is after 9 pages of this thread, not one person has given me even one reason to roll there.. I've already stated that if I wanted to I could go level to 50 there. I know how to do it, i'm sure that I would have the mentality to do it should I choose to as well. But there's one thing missing, and that's a reason to actually do it. If once i've hit level 50 then it's not more fun than being on a regular server, why choose to level the hard way, when leveling to 50 and going out to rvr on a normal server is so much faster, easier and less frustrating. After an hour there, i've either been solo, or met lame grey gankers. That's not something that looks appealing, so either you need to convince me that the end game is better than that, or there's still no reason to roll there now is there?

One more time for those that havn't got it yet..
It's not that we can't get to 50, it's that we don't see or hear anything that makes us think getting to 50 is going to give us something we can't get by leveling in a more fun environment on a normal server. If you give us a reason why getting 50 is worth it, then people will come and try.
I go to work each day because someone is going to give me some money at the end of the month. I wouldn't go to work if I didn't know I was going to get paid. Same applies here..

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Well, it isn't suprising you dislike PvP server, as the idea is to PvP make rps and get a nice rr...

rr3 rr3 rr4 rr3 at rvr server .. seems pve in peace is what you enjoy - not that it isn't ok, you pay your own subs... but that is the reason camlann isn't good now.. 224 people, even if 50 were playing lvl 50 chars, that's 32 ppl = 4fg and the rest small groups/solo.. it's still good pvp considering the zones you're in are small... but a lot of people messing around toa pveing ;[

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
got a 39 inf on camlann who i think is fully drained of everything. con to low for me to attack enemy players which also means my con is to low to farm mobs for cash.

play there for max 30 mins or so every month if i bored as hell with cluster, shittest server ever made but atleast it keeps a lot of bad apples off the cluster.

how to improve camlann you say? remove the thing about having to repair your fukin con every time u die to someone? doesnt exactly give someone starting there a chance as 9/10 they gunna have no con before they reach their first level. I'm yet to meet one nice person on camlan and am also yet to kill someone without being sworn at. not my idea of fun thats for sure.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
goa could turn camlann into a movie DL server, that would be pretty cool, somewhere everyone can host something.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Golena again.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
I'm not saying I dont want to get to 50 at all. I'm saying that if i'm going to level to 50 i'd like to have some fun on the way. Getting to 50 on camlann will almost certainly take longer than doing it on a standard server, if i'm going to go through that pain i'd like either to enjoy the leveling there or have a better end game to look forward to. Nothing anyone from camlann has posted makes me think this is true.

I can say that, a lvl 50 wont loose to a lvl 20, if he does that he is either afk, or Im not sure, think thats it yes ;D

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
Camlann is best Europe server cause always action you can hold your own keep and take relics to your keep, if somone is doing a artifact you can go and kill them, the only reason Camlann is dieing is because there is no other EU PVP server to cluster with.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Kuhan said:
Camlann is best Europe server cause always action you can hold your own keep and take relics to your keep, if somone is doing a artifact you can go and kill them, the only reason Camlann is dieing is because there is no other EU PVP server to cluster with.

If it were the best serber surely it shouldnt be needed to cluster it?

Overdriven

xxManiacxx said:
If it were the best serber surely it shouldnt be needed to cluster it?

Same could be said about Pryd/Excal. Would be nice to instantly pwn anyone on Pryd doing an arti... Who I didn't like, ofc.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
~Latency~ said:
Well, it isn't suprising you dislike PvP server, as the idea is to PvP make rps and get a nice rr...

rr3 rr3 rr4 rr3 at rvr server .. seems pve in peace is what you enjoy - not that it isn't ok, you pay your own subs...

What I actually enjoy about the game is rvr. My low rr's are more a sign of how much I play and the fact that I hate only playing one class. Plus the fact that i've mostly been playing in full groups against high RR opponents or zergs so we've died quite alot. In fact you probably won't see me in the game anymore unless i'm playing in a guild rvr group or the occasional guild pve raid. The answer i've always been given when asked how to level on camlann is go find somewhere secluded to kill mobs. That doesn't sound much like pvp to me, more like solo pve.
Going somewhere where your liable to find people to fight before level 50 will almost certainly result in someone chaining you, and at low levels you'll run out of cash and con fairly quickly.

Lets start by adding "people don't lose con if someone of greater level was involved in your death" to the list of rules. That way if your getting chained at level 35 by a group of 50's. At least your not going to go broke in 10 minutes while they do it. That way if you want to go looking for fights, it's not going to destroy your character.

I notice someone's started a video/screenshot your cool moments thread and advertise the server. That's probably going to do more good than any rule changes however, kudos to the person who thought of it..

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Same could be said about Pryd/Excal. Would be nice to instantly pwn anyone on Pryd doing an arti... Who I didn't like, ofc.

This is somehing I would never want to see on my server, and it wont come either luckily.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Golena : sounds fun to just get owned by high rr groups... almost as fun as being chained by the imaginary lvl 50s who go around chaining greys like you seem to believe :|

My lvl 35 savage alt was 3L8... that's how PvP should be, unless you're pled you will be atleast rr3 when you hit 50

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Overdriven said:
Would be nice to instantly pwn anyone on Pryd doing an arti...
The Camlann mindset, encapsulated.

This isn't a PvP game; the failure of the PvP servers in Europe as well as the US proves that conclusively (Andred being the only DAOC server ever to be closed down). It's an RvR+PvE game.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
The Camlann mindset, encapsulated.

This isn't a PvP game; the failure of the PvP servers in Europe as well as the US proves that conclusively (Andred being the only DAOC server ever to be closed down). It's an RvR+PvE game.

True Svart, I could already start imagine the nice thigs that would happen while doing whatever, and I would never want to be attacked in the Zones that now are safe.

Those who want can stay on Camlann tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom