Camlann Potential

P

Pretarded

Celestino said:
It really isn't the community to blame here, u got idiots naming their toons "Geh Kacken" on every server
awwwww, you hurt my feelings :<

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
insert your char name as a reply

@ Golena: it really isn't that hard to level up if u really try to and do some research on how the timers work etc thats why most camlanners come up with "go to another spot" coz they do know the tricks to get past the gankers and they know where they're able to avoid them coz they have leveled up before... Most ppl forget that they have access to all 3 realms, an enormous amount of leveling zones, and a number of porters to get there, walking/riding usually isn't the fastest and savest way to travel on camlann

But the info u need is hard to find for newcomers so I understand ur frustration...

Some time ago you would find some ppl who would help u but i think nowadays u'd have a really hard time as a lot of the decent players have left camlann

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The only beneficial potential of Camlann would be to turn it to a coffee machine.

But I sometimes have the feeling that they use Exca for that :(

Everz

FH is my second home
I played on camlann alot, yes it does get annoying with the chaining, ganking etc but it can be fun..

and to those that say go PvE.. i didnt roll on a PvP server to spend most my time on it killings mobs.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
1. Sounds like an idea but should it be possible? People turning the flag on/off? As it is now when you turn it off it is off but ding 40 with 0 RSP will be just as hard as lvl 36 with some RA's.
2. Well both yes and no. Fighting in TOA about the artifacts is part of what makes that server so lovely. You can't camp as it is now, even with recent changes, artifact camping is a no no on camlann.
3. Indeed would be a much better fix. Change free lvl to 3 days and increase exp/camp bonus.
4. Guilds has a strong roll on camlann doesn't really understand what you mean here.
5. The BG "bug" is fixed in this patch. You can't attack people in the same BG witch make both ML's and artifacts alot easier. Allthou they should fix so that artifact/ml's shouldn't effect enemys aswell just guild/group/bg. Such as the warlord abilitys stinks on camlann as you give the shouts to your enemys aswell.
6. Is BB's really that big problem? Only time I know we used them big time was in PvE anyway. I have no problems with buffs as it is now.

Pure BS. Sure it is harder but not even close to what you describe. We gave Nexus high RR groups a good fightswith our semi equiped rr2-4 ml0 groups. Sure they might win more but we sure won alot aswell.

If you really think it is all about ml's and RR then you need to find some better players to play with in my eyes.

PS. I don't mean Nexus high rr/ml group stinks. They where great to fight and a challenge every time they are an exampel DS.

You completely missed tho whole point here then ;)
What he meant was playing wit ha rr2 pug grp because you don't know anyone - while i bet you knew the ppl in your group pretty well and know how they play.. You already had the advantage of a guild and people you know - something that hardly comes along before level 50 and at a high rr on camlann (requirements to enter guilds)

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
~Latency~ said:
Only an idiot can't get out of goth/camelot... in goth.. port in, bind.. die and then you're free to take the horse.. wasn't hard, was it?

From cam you can make it to bind in cots before your timer drops

It's that attitude from existing PvP players that wil not attract new players to that server. Its a dying server and with attitudes like that it's going to continue to die.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
semanon said:
It's that attitude from existing PvP players that wil not attract new players to that server. Its a dying server and with attitudes like that it's going to continue to die.

If people are too incompetent to make it to an exp zone then we don't want you on camlann, enough morons as it is already playing !

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
~Latency~ said:
If people are too incompetent to make it to an exp zone then we don't want you on camlann, enough morons as it is already playing !

yeah seems like there is atleast 1 there ;D

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
~Latency~ said:

Wow! You continue to make Cam sound like a lovely place to play, especially if you are they type that populate the server. As i said, it's dying and will continue to die.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
semanon said:
Wow! You continue to make Cam sound like a lovely place to play, especially if you are they type that populate the server. As i said, it's dying and will continue to die.

Think you'r right, still guess we shoudent generalise ;D have never played there though so have no clue how it is really ;P

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
semanon said:

But zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........If you refused to try to get exp on other spots then fin spot on old Prydwen and had no char that brought something and then come say that "Prydwen sawks its not possible to get 50 there cause people wont let me exp" what do you think the answers would be?

Saying its not possible to leave a town or find a exp spot just shows you have not even tried to put some thought into it.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
~Latency~ said:

Yes I can see that

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Think you'r right, still guess we shoudent generalise ;D have never played there though so have no clue how it is really ;P

I played Pryd though quite a bit, before and after cluster, same amount of nice people same amount of morons.....biggest difference, all can talk to each other on Cam without seeing.

"yada yada yada says something in a language you dont understand"

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Celestino said:
But the info u need is hard to find for newcomers so I understand ur frustration...

Some time ago you would find some ppl who would help u but i think nowadays u'd have a really hard time as a lot of the decent players have left camlann

I'm sure that if I had put some thought into it i'd of been able to level fairly easily. I wasn't so much frustrated as just didn't see any reason to roll here. The normal servers are just so much more appealing after you've experienced being ganked 3 times by the same group of level 50's.
My point was that I have no real desire to work around laming greifing of players to go level on mobs for 30 levels solo in the middle of nowhere so I can then go kill some 50's standing about outside camelot who will no doubt zone in as soon as I get close to killing them.

~Latency~ said:
Only an idiot can't get out of goth/camelot... in goth.. port in, bind.. die and then you're free to take the horse.. wasn't hard, was it?

I could reply that only an idiot wouldn't know a horse isn't free. Where do you suggest I find the money to take it? Or buy the con back from the death I had to endure to escape the capitol. Yes it's very easy if you are established there as I said, and i'm sure that if I had a couple of 50's i'd have no trouble at all leveling a new alt. When you have nothing but the free gear and zero copper, it's much harder.. I'm sure there are ways, and i'm sure if I put some thought into it I could work out how to level easily, my point is I had left the server already by then, as do 90% of people that play there.

Yes I could spend time escaping them, or I could go do something fun.. I can go play a normal server or I can go play on Camlann.. Playing a normal server I don't have to spend 15 minutes getting past some idiot with nothing better to do then greif a new player, so i'll go play there thanks. It's not that I can't level to 50 on camlann, it's that leveling to 50 is no fun! And the end game (killing greys in cotswold) doesn't seem to make the pain seem even semi-worthwhile.

Once more.. it's your job to make the server look attractive if you want more people there.. It's not that people are too stupid to work out how to level there (no matter how many times you say it), it's just they don't see the point in taking the time to actually work it out, because after the first 5 minutes the server looks to be utter crap. I play an online game so I can play with other people.. If your solution is to go hide from all other players for the first 30 levels of the game because they will insta-gib you on sight for no reward then sorry, I simply can't be bothered. You want to know why the server is dying.. well it's right here in black and white, if you can't be bothered to fix it and just hurl abuse at people that explain it to you for being stupid, then enjoy your dead server..

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
I'm sure that if I had put some thought into it i'd of been able to level fairly easily. I wasn't so much frustrated as just didn't see any reason to roll here. The normal servers are just so much more appealing after you've experienced being ganked 3 times by the same group of level 50's.
My point was that I have no real desire to work around laming greifing of players to go level on mobs for 30 levels solo in the middle of nowhere so I can then go kill some 50's standing about outside camelot who will no doubt zone in as soon as I get close to killing them.

I could reply that only an idiot wouldn't know a horse isn't free. Where do you suggest I find the money to take it? Or buy the con back from the death I had to endure to escape the capitol. Yes it's very easy if you are established there as I said, and i'm sure that if I had a couple of 50's i'd have no trouble at all leveling a new alt. When you have nothing but the free gear and zero copper, it's much harder.. I'm sure there are ways, and i'm sure if I put some thought into it I could work out how to level easily, my point is I had left the server already by then, as do 90% of people that play there.

Yes I could spend time escaping them, or I could go do something fun.. I can go play a normal server or I can go play on Camlann.. Playing a normal server I don't have to spend 15 minutes getting past some idiot with nothing better to do then greif a new player, so i'll go play there thanks. It's not that I can't level to 50 on camlann, it's that leveling to 50 is no fun! And the end game (killing greys in cotswold) doesn't seem to make the pain seem even semi-worthwhile.

Once more.. it's your job to make the server look attractive if you want more people there.. It's not that people are too stupid to work out how to level there (no matter how many times you say it), it's just they don't see the point in taking the time to actually work it out, because after the first 5 minutes the server looks to be utter crap. I play an online game so I can play with other people.. If your solution is to go hide from all other players for the first 30 levels of the game because they will insta-gib you on sight for no reward then sorry, I simply can't be bothered. You want to know why the server is dying.. well it's right here in black and white, if you can't be bothered to fix it and just hurl abuse at people that explain it to you for being stupid, then enjoy your dead server..

Sure you're not incapable of killing 1 guy in PvP, or even rolling a stealther and stealthing out of the city, 5mins run to a mob and you've got enough.. plenty of trustworthy players to transfer aswelllll

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Nedo said:
I played Pryd though quite a bit, before and after cluster, same amount of nice people same amount of morons.....biggest difference, all can talk to each other on Cam without seeing.

"yada yada yada says something in a language you dont understand"

Well Im happy with how it is on Prydwen, would never change, or tbh not even try out Camlann, don't need no other server then Prydwen have IRl mates and all playing there, so is the only server for me.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
~Latency~ said:
Sure you're not incapable of killing 1 guy in PvP, or even rolling a stealther and stealthing out of the city, 5mins run to a mob and you've got enough.. plenty of trustworthy players to transfer aswelllll

I'm fairly sure it is impossible to kill a level 50 with a level 20 char in the free gear.
I could roll a stealther yeah, but a level 20 stealther probably can't stealth past a 50.

Again your missing the point tho.. your not advertising an end game that's worth 30 levels of PvE in the middle of nowhere alone. I could level to 50, but I don't see the point if that's what the server is about when I could just roll on a normal server with a better leveling experience and an end game that doesn't involve ganking greys outside camelot!

P

Pretarded

Golena said:

Bullshit. Plain and simple. You are making stuff up.

1. There are griefers, but not many, goth is full of greys and 50s, and 50s dont give a jack ass about them, they just go on with their bussines killing other 50s and greys have their own to kill.

2. I dont see a point in playing this game, if you dont want to get to 50, coz thats the point right?, to get to lvl50 and have fun RvRing killing stuff. If you dont want to level to 50 why on earth do you play this game then ? Even on normal server.
Now ofc this is not true for everyone, some people just like to PvE and chat with their friends, and Camlann obviously isnt for them. In fact, co-op server would be best for them.

3. End game is not about ganking greys in Cots, its about kganking others for REWARD, there is a reward system for a GOOD REASON. Thats why this game is cool, u have fun killing others and also cool stuff for that ;p
And best thing about camlann, is that u can have groups with classes from all realms.

4. Yes, u can kill lvl50 with a lvl20 char ;p

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
leveling isnt that hard on camlann, several of different zones to go to, however, if doing pve on a pvp server takes about 3times as long time as on a normal server or more, because you have to account for fg's or more that roam around and spend their time hunting people trying to do mls/artis. (must be really fun to fight necros/animists/etc in pve gear)

would have been nice if they limited it to si-equipment or something.

and the main areas @ pvp, when i played recently was pretty much crap, Aegirhamn/Gothwaithe were very popular, both with portal, so people can escape out of them after they have attacked someone.

pvp is kind of "smallescale" on camlann, due to low population etc, and various fotm trends really hurt this server more than a "standard" server.
(bonedancer/warlock etc are even harder when you are unbuffed, compared to normal server, where you are buffed by default basicly)

Personally i would have liked a server with pvp in classic zones (camelot hills, mm -> druim ligen, and so on), but with very fast pve, or IF there was to be normal pve, i would prefer not to have pvp in that zone, not like its "fun" when pve takes huge amounts of time, just because someone is dedicated to annoying you (pve is probably the most booring thing in any rpg)

oh and also pvp on camlann is really crippled with all porting around.

give a battleground like area w/o a keep, and portals where you are immune in a certan area (cant enter this area once you have left tho), so everyone can buff up in peace etc.

And be able to do PVE by yourself (booring to play a non-complete level 50 char, - no artis, no ml's or not level 50, fighting against people that DO have these things).

and also, people from "standard" servers never really had or have a reason to "change" or adapt to camlann, as it is basicly just some months of slow frustrateing pve. and then to do same kind of pvp as on normal servers, but with less population, so less people to fight, even if you can fight everyone, and not just 2 other realms. (good old camlann-start-days were fun tho, when the server was overcrowded =) )

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Played Prydwen.
Played Excalibur.
Played Cluter.
Played Classic.
Played Spanish.
Played Camlann.

Best server by far was Camlann while it was at prime time. The only reason people complain is because they can't get past 36 since they become GREEN to level 50.. If the limit was raised to 40 it would be perfectly fine, people wouldn't whine at all.

People (most) who whine just log in, and get owned because they don't know the /release city command... Get starter equip, train up, port and start killing... Join a group... Get higher level... Get to 36, PvE in quiet locations for a while... Or actually TRY to PVP and not complain when you got killed. (I've done it 5-6 times.. Not hard)

Axtanax

Fledgling Freddie
the gimp sends are the best thing on camlann, they make me laugh a lot(like in my sign:flame: )
but the most important thing to do in camlann is give the barrel/bottle quest!!!i really need it ihihih and i don t know why there isn t in our server:D

for phoeebebe: i know that your guild sucks so don t speak about my guild:wij:

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
I'm fairly sure it is impossible to kill a level 50 with a level 20 char in the free gear.
I could roll a stealther yeah, but a level 20 stealther probably can't stealth past a 50.

Again your missing the point tho.. your not advertising an end game that's worth 30 levels of PvE in the middle of nowhere alone. I could level to 50, but I don't see the point if that's what the server is about when I could just roll on a normal server with a better leveling experience and an end game that doesn't involve ganking greys outside camelot!

Don't know what is wrong with you or this view.. 1% of the population of lvl 50s go round killing grey... 1/1000 times i've been to goth i've been ganked maybe by a lvl 50.. it's all in your head ; [

The whole point of the server is to be able to kill anyone anywhere.. which comes into play mostly at endgame seeing as it's not a case of higher lvl or gear, it's even footing so you can just run rampaging everyone - including the noobs who do 24/7 pve!

Yes, that's you windforce! muhohoh ;d

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Axtanax said:
for phoeebebe: i know that your guild sucks so don t speak about my guild:wij:

oh no Axty says something about me....

The meaning of true skill

Wasn't me that took the screenshot, but still a good view of your guild. Give me some fan shots of my guild that you have taken please ;) Those in your signature is none in Horde :(

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
oh no Axty says something about me....

The meaning of true skill

Wasn't me that took the screenshot, but still a good view of your guild. Give me some fan shots of my guild that you have taken please ;) Those in your signature is none in Horde :(

Have to say I think I have seen enough of what Camlann has to offer.
not just meaning in this post, but several, have fun on you'r server tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom