Camlann Potential

P

Pretarded

Phoebee-v- said:
Make a group and go exp/do artis/ml's what ever isn't that hard just don't stand in aegirhamn or gothwaite asking for group and whine that you got ganked afterwords. I joined my first guild around 46 and it isn't that easy to exp a pac healer solo :p
Im not whining, i dont have a problem with 50s killing my green chars, hey i kill em myself xD
all im saying that it is indeed a problem for casual players.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Pretarded said:
Im not whining, i dont have a problem with 50s killing my green chars, hey i kill em myself xD
all im saying that it is indeed a problem for casual players.

indeed.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
You're right - anyone who's given it one go for an hour and blown it out hasn't got much to complain about, but when you see names popping up of people who i know have played the game for 2 years +, all quite capable of levelling a toon, all quite capable of using the game mechanics, all comparing very very similar scenarios then theres only so much denial that can be put up against it, tbh.

You could be the most friendly, safe, wonderful player on Camlaan - that won't bring back the player base and it doesn't stop the idiots who ruin it for others. They DO exist, in their droves, and just because they aren't regularly sighted, well known names, doesn't mean they aren't there.

I've tried Camlaan maybe 5 or 6 times since it went live - my Shammie troll i've tried to level sooo many times, but inevitably find the hunting spots camped by orange/red players and thats if i manage it out of a town.

I buff, heal and rez random solo players when i can, i even offered my services as a personal buff-bot-with-personality to a few, but it still never got me further than 30.

If the server was split with enough obvious "safe" zones for people to level up in PvE without any fear of being jumped, i can honestly see it outstripping other servers for pop. The co-op would attract the PvEers who want to group with other realmers, the PvP would be there for them who want it.

It would ideally, in essence, be a normal server but with cross realming abilities.

What difference would that make to the current Camlaaners, apart from not being able to kill each other in Cotswolds or Mularn or whatever?

I think it would be a good start if all the towns guards were "peace keepers" as it were - it'd give them something to do other than decorate and cause lag - and it'd steer people away from bindstone camping at least...

Marc

FH is my second home
My lvl 35 shammy got chain killed for 10 minutes by Horde, because I had the audacity to rest near their buffing spot. Thats when I finally realised Camlann was a shit server and a waste of goa's resources.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
What difference would that make to the current Camlaaners, apart from not being able to kill each other in Cotswolds or Mularn or whatever?

I think it would be a good start if all the towns guards were "peace keepers" as it were - it'd give them something to do other than decorate and cause lag - and it'd steer people away from bindstone camping at least...

Problem thing with those guards is that the high RR groups should be able to handle them at the same time as they kill others if they ain't high rr's/etc them selves. As I wrote in my first replay(first page I think) most of the ideas are good. Some of them has been posted and discusssed on VNboards/feedback several time. Problem in the deep bottom is that mythic don't care about that small player base. It took them 1 year+ to fix kirkles ml 1 encounter and that was a really simpel(if there is such) fix.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
My lvl 35 shammy got chain killed for 10 minutes by Horde, because I had the audacity to rest near their buffing spot. Thats when I finally realised Camlann was a shit server and a waste of goa's resources.

Impressive got any names you remember of those? We got guild rules that says we don't alow that s**t in horde.

Horde guild rules...

P

Pretarded

NO, you havent tried hard enough. I've made exp groups on my shaman with people i never seen before, just /broad Making exp grp lvlXX-XX in TNN. SO no, u havent tried hard enough. Yes, we would get wiped by 50 FGs, but you can ask for them to ress and believe me, most of them will. Yes that would slow down exp, but hey, thats the idea of pvp server, that u can fight everywhere and kill everyone!

'Idiots that ruin fun for other' exist on regulard servers as well, you just cant do it that good on regular server than on camlann.

"You're right - anyone who's given it one go for an hour and blown it out hasn't got much to complain about, but when you see names popping up of people who i know have played the game for 2 years +, all quite capable of levelling a toon, all quite capable of using the game mechanics, all comparing very very similar scenarios then theres only so much denial that can be put up against it, tbh."

Okay, lets ask mmm, Succi, for example, i havent seen him complaining that he got chained by some guild for 4 days straight.
I dont know what it is, lack of guts, patience or something else?

P

Pretarded

Marc said:
This story is almost as scary as the one about 'secter buffbot'. :mad:

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
some of the proposed ideas are quite good in fact - but take a looksy at the latest pvp TL report - "timer on combat/porting please" - "no."

Marc

FH is my second home
Phoebee-v- said:
Impressive got any names you remember of those? We got guild rules that says we don't alow that s**t in horde.

No, was about a year ago. Was in gothwaite, upstairs in one of the houses. He asked me to move, I told him to go fuck himself, then his group of about 4-5 just chain killed me everytime i popped in goth.

P

Pretarded

enkor said:
some of the proposed ideas are quite good in fact - but take a looksy at the latest pvp TL report - "timer on combat/porting please" - "no."
Thats the point, they dont give a crap about camlann coz of such low playerbase, and players dont go to camlann coz Mythic doesnt give a crap about server.
Its like merrygoround.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Pretarded said:
NO, you havent tried hard enough. I've made exp groups on my shaman with people i never seen before, just /broad Making exp grp lvlXX-XX in TNN. SO no, u havent tried hard enough. Yes, we would get wiped by 50 FGs, but you can ask for them to ress and believe me, most of them will. Yes that would slow down exp, but hey, thats the idea of pvp server, that u can fight everywhere and kill everyone!

Yes ask them for a rez so they kill you right after they ressed you (Hi CaernSidhe) well only thing you learn then is that there is a command like /release city and that you just lost twice the con points/money.
I got quite some 50s on Camlann and most of them are soloed to 50 from scratch and the only one that I grouped with was my Shammy but that was long before the Camlann population died.
I won't say this isn't the same on other servers but on Camlann it's like this:

*Frenchiefrench joins the group*
"Je parle Francais!?!?!?!"
"No..."
*Frenchiefrench has left the group*
*Spanish guy joins the group*
"Ok assist me!"
"Que?"
"/assist me"
"Que?"
".../q"

And if you do find people with who you can communicate with they leave the group after 1 death and most of the time without ANY notice pre leaving.
Nah, when playing on Camlann I will stick to soloing thank you very much.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
No, was about a year ago. Was in gothwaite, upstairs in one of the houses. He asked me to move, I told him to go fuck himself, then his group of about 4-5 just chain killed me everytime i popped in goth.

We had our far share of not so mature people in horde aswell. Therefor some where kicked and some left by free will after some talking. Posted our guild rules above.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:

To be honest if someone told me to go fuck myself i'd probley kill him if i could :) If he told me he was only resting in a empty safe area i'd agree with him and leave him resting.

Would be interesting to give Camlann another go with a set group

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
To be honest if someone told me to go fuck myself i'd probley kill him if i could :) If he told me he was only resting in a empty safe area i'd agree with him and leave him resting.

Would be interesting to give Camlann another go with a set group

I would come back to camlann any day I know that there was something to fight other the solo people or people with di bots on stick.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Pretarded said:

'Idiots that ruin fun for other' exist on regulard servers as well, you just cant do it that good on regular server than on camlann.

"You're right - anyone who's given it one go for an hour and blown it out hasn't got much to complain about, but when you see names popping up of people who i know have played the game for 2 years +, all quite capable of levelling a toon, all quite capable of using the game mechanics, all comparing very very similar scenarios then theres only so much denial that can be put up against it, tbh."

Okay, lets ask mmm, Succi, for example, i havent seen him complaining that he got chained by some guild for 4 days straight.
I dont know what it is, lack of guts, patience or something else?

Those are the kind of arguments about how nice Camlann is , that actually put people off - being chained for 4days isnt big or clever and doesnt show that someone has guts to keep logging on to get chained...it shows they are too stupid to log another toon for a few hours and then log back in and move the chained toon when its safe..

Also saying ah well get chained so what, the exp is slower but hey... thats the kind of attitude from established players that newcomers to Camlann dont appreciate tbh.. I have tried a few toons on Camlann, got a mins up into the 30's and got sick of being chained every time I logged on - not because I was getting chained but because once you run out of money from buying back conc - how do you buy back the conc from being chained over the next couple of days ? If my mins even had 0g but all his conc I would still be popping on but they day I went broke and had lost gawd knows how much conc that I thought - well I enjoy my main server, have friends on there as well, why I am bothering to get to 50 here - I enjoy a challenge but I also realise that sometimes, somethings just aint worth the bother - and I think thats the reason Camlann will die - the idea behind it is sound - a full on PvP game, but the actual rules/set up makes it incredibly hard for a new player to come on there, with no friends, no guild, and be expected to solo to 50 whilst being chained every level - not much fun in that tbh ... and its a bit hard to make friends when they tend to gank you if you are a level lower than them..

Tbh its a shame because I really wanted to play Camlann, but I really doubt I will ever bother going back on there unless my main server crashes and I want to play DAOC... and I would log again as soon as my server came back up.

P

Pretarded

evzy said:
Those are the kind of arguments about how nice Camlann is , that actually put people off - being chained for 4days isnt big or clever and doesnt show that someone has guts to keep logging on to get chained...it shows they are too stupid to log another toon for a few hours and then log back in and move the chained toon when its safe..
People who get chained 4days are stupid and they are better of on regular server.
The comment about havgin guts was about people not trying hard enough to actually make it to 50 and play on the server.
You misunderstood me or wasnt clear enuff, what i wanted to say is that Succi didnt cry that he got chained fo 4 days, not coz chaining doesnt exist there, no, just besacuse he wanted to make it to 50 and have fun PvPing, and i would think he did it. People who cry about being chained usually the ones who play on camlann when their 'main' server crashes or something else like that happens, they dont really want to play on camlann.

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
if you wanna do some lowbie pvp on camlann, there is only one zone to do it in because of the low pop

if some higher level's decide to chain you because u killed them, you can either log off, change server or go exp... none of which are very attractive if you want camlann as your main server

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I genuinely really did want to play on Camlann (kinda thought of it as Counter Strike DAOC) but being chained to the point you have no cash and no conc and no guild and not even a group... thats why people don't bother tbh. I play late night quite often as well so thought it ideal for sneaking onto Camlann but everytime you go near a city just to train or anything, out comes the gank train...

Theory of the server is cool and I do kinda hope for the Home Invasion type server as that may be the closest thing to it that may get people to a PvP.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic and goa did pretty much everything to kill the pvp server...

The community isn't the real problem, u got enough lamers on rvr servers as well , else there wouldn't be that much whine about bds bainshees etc
The real problem is that on camlann u feel that shit way more than on any other server coz u can talk to everyone, there isn't just one forumwhine per day u get whined for pretty much every 2nd kill while at the same time there are massive exploits and ppl use them, just like all the bainshees use the cone thru wall with one small exeption: It'll never get fixed
You think 3-4 patches for the bainshee cone were alot ?
It took them more than a year to get the prydwen keep wall fixed, there are a million bugs around aegir where u can stand inside a wall or on the townwall nuking down on the ppl who can't reach you coz they don't know the bug, in ToA ppl lagjump over or ontop the citywalls to shake attackers, that is if u're not dead or pretty much dead when u zone between the cities .... this list goes on and on and on and simply results from the fact that the main pvp zones on camlann were not designed for pvp and why would mythic go and fix stuff for a few hundred ppl still playing there

The first time a GOA gm showed up on Camlann was when the server had 100-200 ppl primetime after going down 200ppl per month for half a year...
And most ppl didn't even believe in that guy called pilote that threw a buguser off a wall in aegir

Worst thing were rr8 shadowblades without equipment that died to 2 mincer dds coz they were 100% rp farmed, suspended for 2 weeks after more than 2 month of appealing them once per day.

It really isn't the community to blame here, u got idiots naming their toons "Geh Kacken" on every server the real problem is that mythic as well as goa kept ignoring what is goin on on those servers. And when they finally realized that their bastard child had almost killed himself they set him on welfare so he wouldn't starve right away...

You want to fix camlann ? Start it all over from scratch, no pvp zones right next to porters, no bonedancers warlocks etc, reduced or modified relic bonus, etc etc and this time monitor what the ppl on ur server are doin and fix it before it becomes excessive.

Dorimor1

Banned
Rediknight said:
that's very good.

Look at all these people stood around applauding politely... :touch:

baiting me won't wash - if you want to try then feel free, you just make yourself look more detached from real life and less intelligent. But then again, im sure you enjoyed it...

I did enjoy it, it made my day.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Konah said:
agree 1000%.

nf zones should have the pvp ruleset, you should be able to farm your realm mates :cheers:

ARRRRRRPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Don't understand how you can be chained till the point of no con, that is stupid..... after a few deaths by someone being a mong change zone - or even go lvl up?

Even with 1k pop you would have it easy leveling almost anywhere... it's like, you roll camlann, be stupid enough to lvl to 20 in a pvp area.. and get ganked, oh no wasn't expecting that!

You don't get lvl 50 anytime soon on RvR camping bgs.. don't understand why people only speak of low lvl ganking, it's ok for a bit but it's so much better at 50.. although I agree it's rather difficult to level solo on camlann, there should be a low pop bonus or something..

When I started Camlann I just put msg in forum that I was making group for xxx times need xx class, 2 days later it's ready and we level veeery fast, just own anyone who's at the exp spots ;d

Dislike adds? Hate faggot arti campers? Enjoy chain killing lame idiots?

ROLL CAMLANN

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
~Latency~ said:
When I started Camlann I just put msg in forum that I was making group for xxx times need xx class, 2 days later it's ready and we level veeery fast, just own anyone who's at the exp spot
ROLL CAMLANN

LFG for xp :(

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Camlann is the best server I ever played in daoc, its just the atmosphere of holding together in a guild and hating everyone else :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
this attitude of "camlann sucks because my level 30 got ganked in gothwaite" gets pretty fucking old pretty fucking fast :(

This attitude of Camlann players complaining about how no-one wants to come play on their server gets pretty old fast as well!

First you say, our server is dying because people keep leaving...
Then you turn round and tell us to piss off if you can't handle getting chained at level 30.

Stop complaining about people who haven't got past level 30 coming and whining about the attitude on the server in threads asking for what could get people rolling on camlann. There's zero point to threads like this if that's going to be your attitude. The servers dying because 90% of the people that roll there give up within the first week. Stop worrying about the people that make it to 45+ and start worrying about the people that quit on the second day if you want a higher population!

Your solution is always "go level somewhere else". Sorry, I've /level 20'ed a char, gone to camelot to get my free gear and now can't leave as both the gates are camped by 3 or 4 50's killing anything on sight. I actually tried for 2 days before giving it up as a waste of time. The problem is when you die you /release to a bind stone.. if someone kills you at the bindstone, when you release, guess what your right in front of them. Going and leveling somewhere else is fine.. how do you suggest I get there? There's plenty of secluded places in SI to level in, that is ofc no use at all to me if I can't get out of gothwaite now is it?
If your idea of a good server is one where I have to log in at 3am to train my character then by all means enjoy playing there with the other 7 people hanging around..

In games like this your always going to get some idiots playing.. the problem is one high level idiot can ruin your entire night should he choose to do so. Options like turning the safety flag on until level 40 would help people get to 40 after which they would be instantly stuck again.
If your established on the server then sure it's not really a problem.. if your new the experience for the first few days is normally terrible. 90% of people pop in for 2 days, have a bad time and leave.. Sure you can scream well stop being pansies and try harder, but we arn't the ones complaining the server is low population now are we.

You want people to come there.. it's up to you to convince us to come. Saying, i'm tired of that argument doesn't make it any less valid. Your tired of hearing it, that probably means lots of people have used it, right. That's a lot of players not playing on your server because you couldn't be bothered to try and encourage them in. Your the ones losing out, not the ones that leave at level 22.

In order to try and fix it i'd simply implement a safety flag you could turn on in your own realm. You could toggle it on and off freely from a npc in your capitol city. That means if your bard was exploring mid or alb you'd be free game to anyone, if you were in hib you'd have the option of being attacked or not.. you ofc couldn't attack anyone with it on either. Maybe only have it work in toa while your in a haven or not at all to keep the arti fighting alive. It means at least you have a chance of leveling your character without being griefed if you chose to do so, while keeping the rvr anywhere features for those wanting it. If you want to level with someone from another realm one of you won't be safe, so ganking expers would still be possible.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Only an idiot can't get out of goth/camelot... in goth.. port in, bind.. die and then you're free to take the horse.. wasn't hard, was it?

From cam you can make it to bind in cots before your timer drops

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Close it down, it is a waste of good electricity :p

GReaper

Part of the furniture
PvP servers need changing for the game as it is today.

Mordred/Andred were launched back in July 2002, this was even before Shrouded Isles (November 2002). The game has totally changed since then, especially with ToA, equipment, crafting, new classes, etc. Level 50 with a few items was the most players could get at the time, now people need to get artifacts, master levels, champion levels.

A typical example of just how old the rules are is the /level 20 command and level 10 immunity, the majority of players get to level 20 and don't even get the chance to start off their character with any immunity.

PvP needs some attention, but Mythic refuse to even acknowledge that PvP servers exist at times.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
we had some sort of fun rolling 8 theugists and killing everything we saw, but what kind of challenge is that yes we dropped a few 50's who wasnt paying attention to the teal coloured casters roaming around.

However we dropped on person and all he did was spam us constantly at how we were going to be alone and hten he would chain us in the end we stuck him on ignore and left the server.

The problem with camlaan and ive been there and tried it out is that after spending 10 maybe 15 minutes trying to hide yourself in the middle of SI to try and farm some gold someone roams in butchers you and you loose more con which you cant buy back.

is it fun that after say 2 or 3 hours you have 0 money and 0 con that anyone can basically 1 shot you because you have no con. That if you do try to adopt the pvp attitude 10 seconds after you kill someone you are pmed "im so going to chain you" which you cant deny does happen a lot. Then some skald/boney/chanter etc etc roams in kills you and chain kills you until you leave.

PVP servers would be ok if they reset the character data base every 2 to 3 months that way you wouldnt have to go up against the rr13 bonedancers with buffbots hidden somewhere in the realm.

Camlaan was fun when it first opened after that we all got over it and went and played daoc the children left behind then proceeded to make the server so UNFRIENDLY that noone wanted to stay and even those of the same mind set would rather level on a normal server than return.

Life sucks but camlaan sucks worse than most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom