Camelot Unchained

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
problem with custom UIs has always been the line between "helpful" and "playing it for you"

having a better set of hotbars, change placement of minimap etc... rapidly becomes mob timers, auto boss warnings, etc, etc

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Hope i hope they dont allow macro crap like WoW has, combine 10 abilities to que with 1 keypress is just stupid. In WoW the team that has the best macro's has already a very big edge over the other team.

Also about stealthers, if you decide to solo on your casters and you nuke a tank from the distance, you should proberly win easy, but if yu get perfed in the face by a stealther you should die 99% of the time! But if that stealther would attack the solo tank, he should die also. We dont need this game to be that everyone can take out everyone. Its just impossible to balance.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Doubt it will get the last 500.000 dollars with just five days to go. I am starting to hope it reaches what is has its goal. I don't think it will a question whether or not the game will be released, it is just a question of when :)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

Well - to be honest I'm still on the fence, and thus have not donated. And I've even bought collectors editions to SW:TOR and GW2 - so it's not like I'm not used to throwing money out the window.

However, much of what M.J. says sounds interesting, however some things not so much. And as always - being the negative person I am - a lot of it sounds very idealistic and I doubt idealistic works because having played MMOs since DAoC, I know the kind of people games like this will attract and they'll work effectively to simply ruin it for others.

I like the games focus on RvR, but frankly - if I just wanted to play PvP, I have PlanetSide 2 for that. I don't need to play house in an area where others will do their best to ruin what I build. Then I have economical simulators for that. I don't myself find enjoyment in such activities - to run around destroying what others build - so that's also out.
The hole lack of PvE irks me.

That's why I very much liked DAoCs model. RvR when you wanted and PvE when you wanted. Housing when you wanted. No risk, just fun. I have enough risk in real life and enough stress. I don't need a game that's just out to swat me over the nose.

The focus on crafting is interesting, but well - the economical side of the game "scares" me.
And so on...
Idealistic thoughts, interesting tidbid - but I don't really currently have enough trust in the project that I can throw money at it.

As I said elsewhere in this thread - it gives off a "Molyneaux" feel to me. And having been burned by statements from developers before, I want substance and not words. (and yes, I know it's so very early in the process, that substance is impossible)

It's too bad, because I would like to see where it went and if it comes out eventually - I'll at the very least try it out. But beside that - I'm very much on the fence.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
They should of aimed for 1,5 mil that would open paypal for europe and they would of hit 2 mil then, just look @ how much Divine Divinity got yesterday over paypal in the last day it was over 100k in the last 24 hours just over paypal.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Also about stealthers, if you decide to solo on your casters and you nuke a tank from the distance, you should proberly win easy, but if yu get perfed in the face by a stealther you should die 99% of the time! But if that stealther would attack the solo tank, he should die also. We dont need this game to be that everyone can take out everyone. Its just impossible to balance.

i'm not complaining about dieing to a stealher after receiving a PA/CD chain. i can always hope to purge/moc if i'm not dead after the opener even if that option has little chance to do enough damage or root & run before dieing to the follow up from the PA. my point was the one shot kill on a high rank caster with perfect gear and every possible defense up and running and expecting a stealher attack. uncounterable one shot kills (from stealth !) should never happen in an mmo imho. while it happened only a handful of times to me, i can only imagine how easy it must have been to do vs a low rank character without the perfect gear, rank and capped BB buffs.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
i'm not complaining about dieing to a stealher after receiving a PA/CD chain. i can always hope to purge/moc if i'm not dead after the opener even if that option has little chance to do enough damage or root & run before dieing to the follow up from the PA. my point was the one shot kill on a high rank caster with perfect gear and every possible defense up and running and expecting a stealher attack. uncounterable one shot kills (from stealth !) should never happen in an mmo imho. while it happened only a handful of times to me, i can only imagine how easy it must have been to do vs a low rank character without the perfect gear, rank and capped BB buffs.

Well if you solo on a caster i think you should deserve to get 1 shot, but you will have the same damage vs a stealther/tank if you get him from range.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Bit of a weird question but Mark Jacobs, a friend was asking why $1 a year for those who donate a certain amount, why not free? :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well if you solo on a caster i think you should deserve to get 1 shot, but you will have the same damage vs a stealther/tank if you get him from range.

Stealther from range = never happen unless stealther has purge down in which case it can just restealth while you put distance between you and it while its rooted

Tank from range = rarely happens these days, almost every single tank/hybrid has charge or something else to make CC virtually useless :p

That said, Wizards do absolutely ridiculous damage so no sympathy, you can debuff your damage on all 3 spec lines :p there has to be a trade off somewhere.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Stealther from range = never happen unless stealther has purge down in which case it can just restealth while you put distance between you and it while its rooted

Tank from range = rarely happens these days, almost every single tank/hybrid has charge or something else to make CC virtually useless :p

That said, Wizards do absolutely ridiculous damage so no sympathy, you can debuff your damage on all 3 spec lines :p there has to be a trade off somewhere.

Yeah like i said if you go solo on a caster you deserve to eat dirt :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah like i said if you go solo on a caster you deserve to eat dirt :D

Heh well, DAOC was never really made for solo :p so they can't complain really. There are a few exceptional casters that are able to solo but that alone is simply due to skillset not due to the game being fair :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
:) I've posted the new video on various other forums with a link to the contact button, prepare to be bombarded Mark Jacobs ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
some of the stuff answered so far :)

RACES

Each realm will definitely have 3 races each, 4 if funding/time goes good, 5 if funding/time goes amazingly well - the 3 races consist of:
Human, pure good old human
Human, altered by the veil magics
Creature of Legend (differs for each realm)

STATS

Stats will be there and lots of them, even racial bonuses will play a role for the people who enjoy min-maxing characters

RvR Solo/Groups

CSE want to support Solo and 8v8 play - "It's not all about the zerg" -Mark Jacobs

Will you stop people using/having buffbots?

They will do everything in their power from a design point of view to absolutely stop buffbots being used

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I thought the 30 second timer on stealth in WAR was a good way of stopping people sitting in groups.

It's going to be a close run thing. People need to see some big things to get us over the line.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the 30 second timer on stealth in WAR was a good way of stopping people sitting in groups.

It's going to be a close run thing. People need to see some big things to get us over the line.

30 sec timer on stealth is garbage, its not a stealther then it just utterly sucks balls best to not even do stealth then. I did not bother in Warhammer to roll it, just went for the maurauder that could do more and not have silly stealth but also high dps class.

Aada

Part of the furniture
If they don't do perma stealth then don't bother with the damn class at all, 30 seconds for the premades to see you and you vanish and them wait around 30 seconds for you to unpop?

No thanks.

Not interested in visible RVR, stealth is how i will play and if i can't then i won't bother at all.

- English -

Resident Freddy
The thief class in gw2 has different stealth (or did, not sure now). It was more of a get away tool or you just had to use your initiative. Hide behind structures, pop stealth and you have 7 seconds or something to suprise your enemy. If they had perma stealth it would be a bit op

Gwadien

Peeps want easy mode stealther classes that they can always survive with, run around, wait for a perfect gank and runs away, rinse repeat, peepz not up for challenges :)

I rolled a Thief on GW2, but I jumped everything I saw, for the hell of it :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Peeps want easy mode stealther classes that they can always survive with, run around, wait for a perfect gank and runs away, rinse repeat, peepz not up for challenges :)

I rolled a Thief on GW2, but I jumped everything I saw, for the hell of it :)

Surely the whole point of a stealther is to remain unseen and size up your target if it suits you attack if not then you might as well have rolled the dumb warrior type who charges in like a chimp and dies.

I don't call a premade waiting for me to unpop from stealth after they saw me so they can kill me for their 12 rps so they can meet their daily target a challenge.

If perma stealth isn't added and a caster sees you from a mile away running around like a retard and suddenly stealth once you see him what is he going to do? turn tail and run the other way wait for you to pop then /lol at you.

Gwadien

Surely the whole point of a stealther is to remain unseen and size up your target if it suits you attack if not then you might as well have rolled the dumb warrior type who charges in like a chimp and dies.

I don't call a premade waiting for me to unpop from stealth after they saw me so they can kill me for their 12 rps so they can meet their daily target a challenge.

If perma stealth isn't added and a caster sees you from a mile away running around like a retard and suddenly stealth once you see him what is he going to do? turn tail and run the other way wait for you to pop then /lol at you.
So what you're saying is, you should be able to roll a character that can run around and no-one can kill you?

Most people would ignore a stealther (we did on Warhammer) due to effort it took for them to reappear, if you're clever, you can easily use that stealth, and get away from the enemies, it's not difficult, rather than pop vanish and spam /rofl at your enemy.

As for your last sentence, use your surroundings ffs, learn to pan over hills and such, and pre-stealth if you think there's gonna be action, it -really- isn't that difficult.

I did fine playing a Thief and as Jim said, there was no perma stealth feature on there.

As a flip-side of your argument, I want to play a caster solo in RvR, but I know that won't happen, because I wouldn't be able to kill anything if stealthers can appear out of no-where and gank me, and if I manage to hurt them, they stealth away.

Last edited:

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm wondering how they will balance the crafting chars since everyone will be able to do the first two tiers of crafting/harvesting?

On that basis surely it makes sense for the crafters to be able to access a weak version of the rvr classes skills - being totally defenceless fodder doesnt make much sense?

Aada

Part of the furniture
So what you're saying is, you should be able to roll a character that can run around and no-one can kill you?

Most people would ignore a stealther (we did on Warhammer) due to effort it took for them to reappear, if you're clever, you can easily use that stealth, and get away from the enemies, it's not difficult, rather than pop vanish and spam /rofl at your enemy.

As for your last sentence, use your surroundings ffs, learn to pan over hills and such, and pre-stealth if you think there's gonna be action, it -really- isn't that difficult.

I did fine playing a Thief and as Jim said, there was no perma stealth feature on there.

As a flip-side of your argument, I want to play a caster solo in RvR, but I know that won't happen, because I wouldn't be able to kill anything if stealthers can appear out of no-where and gank me, and if I manage to hurt them, they stealth away.

I don't want an unkillable character, so please do not assume what I'm saying.

What I do not want is 30 shitty seconds of stealth because that is not a stealther that's a gimmick.

You did fine playing the Thief because they were OP twats at the beginning of GW2 using that 1 lunging attacking move, It was so easy playing a Thief it was boring.

Play a Thief and playing a Crit Shadowblade who has to line up and be paitent for his kills is a totally different ball game, If that Shadowblade gets his PA chain off he has every right for a 1-2 shot kill on a caster.

Gwadien

I don't want an unkillable character, so please do not assume what I'm saying.

What I do not want is 30 shitty seconds of stealth because that is not a stealther that's a gimmick.

You did fine playing the Thief because they were OP twats at the beginning of GW2 using that 1 lunging attacking move, It was so easy playing a Thief it was boring.

Play a Thief and playing a Crit Shadowblade who has to line up and be paitent for his kills is a totally different ball game, If that Shadowblade gets his PA chain off he has every right for a 1-2 shot kill on a caster.
We're all entitled to our own opinions, I just believe yours is a bit self-centred, since you've clearly just said your intent is only to play a stealther class, and you want it easy mode, so there's no actual challenge in it apart from moving your character into the right place, at the right time..

I play group and solo characters including stealth classes, I'd prefer to see a Gutter Runner type class that was on WAR in the latter days, so many of you may have missed it, it had perma stealth, but took a bit longer to take down targets, or on the flipside have your 1shot on a caster, but then have a bigger cooldown for your stealth, and have nothing that's close to Vanish.

I think it's just a bit lame to have the character that does insane amounts of damage to also have the highest survivability, seems a bit bizarre to me..

Mark has already pointed out the maps are going to be large, so I think there should also be a factor in the game that means you have to time your kills so that no-one else is around, you cannot deny that on the bridges in NF, you could see an enemy heading towards the bridge, whilst you jump another who is on the bridge, and by the time the enemy has reached you, you're stealthed away, meaning you can rinse repeat.

Whilst, yes, I accept that Thiefs were pretty easy to play, they had nothing like vanish, so I couldn't jump a risky target and get away with complete ease.

- English -

Resident Freddy
They didn't have vanish but they had a shitload of instant stealth get aways. Thinking back, the instant heal stealth, the gtaoe stealth, the backstab stab steath thingy :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom