Camelot Unchained

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just have to be careful with CD, it can be great if done right in rvr but done wrongly/against your own realm it can be a tool to grief people endlessly. I'm sure CSE know that :)

Aslong as its like

CD only works vs enemies
CD is disabled vs same realm players

it'd be fine

If CD worked against realm mates aswell you would just get alot of really immature people griefing you by blocking your housing doorway, blocking entrance to mines, blocking entrance to other areas etc.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Will there be buffs like we seen in DAOC and if so will there also be buffshears?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Heh, stealther update is fun :p I get that its just an idea for now but the fact that it would stop stealth zerging or atleast limit it dramatically sounds great.

Depending on the feedback you get from other people Mark Jacobs its definitely something you should do, I always end up having a stealther alt at some point and it sounds great from a stealther point of view.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
".....while waiting on a portal to Emain Macha or Odin's Gate all those years ago.."

<spoiled american girl accent on> O M G <spoiled american girl accent of> Mark is an Albling :<

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can we have an OT too please? :p joking joking
Visible to subscribers only, £20 a month? (Beer doesn't pay for itself you know!) ;)

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
Just woke up and yeah the stealther update was interesting, can't say i have much love for the stealth zergs in daoc. And I'm sure this will play out a lot better then what most people think.

People just needs a lot of explaining, and then some more, and that takes time.

I do however respect that MJ is honest and explains his ideas to the people who thought we would get daoc stealth, that we're not. But i would rather see the focus on the more basic mechanics of classes/rvr on the table at this stage.

Ah well, i hope the people going apeshit over this will settle down and we can move focus soon.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have to say that the stealth thing sounds good, especially hunting the hunters ;) (love stealth myself). Hopefully there's plans for pure stealth gameplay as well, ignoring combat and stabby stabby, and work as a pure scouting monster etc.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Why would i play a stealther if i can only fight other stealthers or the stalker? You would be building a semi bg just for stealthers, also i get pusnished when i solo when some stealth zerg naabs are near me? I want to attack everyone! I want to perf a caster that thinks he is so uber to walk solo to perf him in the face! Thats how a stealther works, if I cant fight other classes its a waste of resources to make this system Mark. Rather spend the money towards The Depths then.

This comes from a stealther with /play 690 days! + /play 200 days on alt stealthers. Omg just noticed how almost 900 days played :D 24x900= 216000 Hours as a stealther just in Dark Age of Camelot Oo

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think the idea is that when -in- stealth you're in the veil, but you can pop out to kill stuff.

BAsically stealth=veil, non-stealth=real world.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I agree with Dutch_NS... stealthers are a pain in the ass but that is part of the fun, and people make stealther alts and are able to have that same amount of fun. Just because they might spoil an 8v8, i don't think its fair to punish the class.

I think what should be concentrated on is their strengths and weaknesses. I remember at the start of DAOC, people told me infiltrators can take red or purple con casters. During these ages, killing an orange mob was nearly impossible solo, so to be told this was like "woooow". Ofcourse they could pack a punch, but they couldn't take any hits. Stealthers should be about playing smart, if someone wants to hide for 2 hours until that lonely caster runs down..let him, i don't see anything wrong with that.

What went wrong with DAOC stealthers were the fact they got so much love they could take anyclass on and win versus most (I say most because there was some stuff ass warriors etc).
A stealther should not be able to take on a heavy tank, it should require 2-3 of them to do this. And if people group up? why punish people for wanting to play together. Not everyone likes running out to be zerged, so some people run stealthers.

I think you are isolating stealthers here, which they should not be. They should be the eyes and ears of the realm, scouting ahead to see where the incoming enemies are etc, performing deadly attacks but having to retreat whenever their is danger etc.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Why would i play a stealther if i can only fight other stealthers or the stalker?

You wouldn't, it would be pointless... However, it's a good thing that is NOT what the update indicated would happen.

"Stealthers" will still hunt visible classes. MJ is simply indicating that there will be an added layer to stealth, which you wll have to bare in mind when using it.

Risk vs reward

- English -

Resident Freddy
1 comment which made it easier for me to understand was this comment.

"Stealth is going to be sort of like Frodo putting on the one ring and then having to worry about Nazguls and other people with rings"

This theory sounds quite cool if its like a dark side to stealth aswell as normal stealthing ;p

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
1 comment which made it easier for me to understand was this comment.

"Stealth is going to be sort of like Frodo putting on the one ring and then having to worry about Nazguls and other people with rings"

This theory sounds quite cool if its like a dark side to stealth aswell as normal stealthing ;p

If it works like this, then other realm stealthers can see me from miles away when im in the veil? Whats the point of beeing a stealth class if every other stealther can see you from 10 miles away, You will just get zerged down by group of stealths non stop.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
If it works like this, then other realm stealthers can see me from miles away when im in the veil? Whats the point of beeing a stealth class if every other stealther can see you from 10 miles away, You will just get zerged down by group of stealths non stop.

welcome to stealth being a tool you use as required, not a LOL IM INVISIBLE escape 100% of the time

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
A pretty cool dynamic is that when you mezz people they will go in to the veil instead of just standing there with Zzz mark on their heads, this opens up to very cool possibilities and different plays.
I will def have at least one Veil Stalker in my set group to handle the mezzed healer/caster/whatever.

Can't wait for a FAQ on this with straight answers to clear some things up for everyone.

And here's a post from the CU KS forum i found interesting:

This is NOT MJ's words btw
"My summary of stealth: feel free to correct.
- Can a stealther choose his targets and pop on them by surpise? YES
- Will he be able to burst/stunlock? NO
- Will he be squishy? NO
- Will he then be able to kill an unsuspecting caster? YES
- Will he be able to kill the caster in the middle of ennemies? Unlikley
- Will he be able to group with other VW and gank targets? YES but with big risks from the Veil
- Can he be attacked by other VW? YES
- can he be attacked by non VW/VS? NO (in DAOC anyone could unstealth you with AE, pets, etc..)
- What if a VS unstealth you? You will have your max power to unleash on the poor VS, so it's likely the VS will only hunt you if he has friends.
- Will you be useless in groupes? NO! (your friends can bansih people to the veil where you have max power. Imagine a mage banished and facing a pre-nerf zerk alone with no healers ^^).
- Can you exit the Veil instantaneously: YES
- Can you get back to the Veil instantaneously? NO
- Can you just stay in the veil for ever and go for lunch. NO (and why should you? Visible cannot afk on the frontlines either)
- Will you be slow: NO, in fact you'll be quite fast!
- Will you be bale to enter structures? YES (basic defenses)
After reviewing the above, this is an improvement on DAoC's stealth (more grouping, more safety, more strategy) with the main losses being the ability to do stealth gank groups and the stunloc/2-shot/vanish routine. It seems to me that Stealth, when implemented in a future extension, will be viable as a solo venture as well as a group one. If it does work, I think MJ will have really succeeded on this.
I can only therefore urge stealther to take a bit of time to absorb what the mechanics really mean, from both a stealther's perspective and a RvR one. This is the first time I may consider playing a stealther (speed, choice of targets, groupability, OP in veil, can enter defenses, what's not to like?)"

Overall i think this as MJ states will require more skill from the stealther to be efficient which i find like a good thing and tbh i'm pretty excited about it now

Last edited:

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
A pretty cool dynamic is that when you mezz people they will go in to the veil instead of just standing there with Zzz mark on their heads, this opens up to very cool possibilities and different plays.
I will def have at least one Veil Stalker in my set group to handle the mezzed healer/caster/whatever.

Can't wait for a FAQ on this with straight answers to clear some things up for everyone.

And here's a post from the CU KS forum i found interesting:

"My summary of stealth: feel free to correct.
- Can a stealther choose his targets and pop on them by surpise? YES
- Will he be able to burst/stunlock? NO
- Will he be squishy? NO
- Will he then be able to kill an unsuspecting caster? YES
- Will he be able to kill the caster in the middle of ennemies? Unlikley
- Will he be able to group with other VW and gank targets? YES but with big risks from the Veil
- Can he be attacked by other VW? YES
- can he be attacked by non VW/VS? NO (in DAOC anyone could unstealth you with AE, pets, etc..)
- What if a VS unstealth you? You will have your max power to unleash on the poor VS, so it's likely the VS will only hunt you if he has friends.
- Will you be useless in groupes? NO! (your friends can bansih people to the veil where you have max power. Imagine a mage banished and facing a pre-nerf zerk alone with no healers ^^).
- Can you exit the Veil instantaneously: YES
- Can you get back to the Veil instantaneously? NO
- Can you just stay in the veil for ever and go for lunch. NO (and why should you? Visible cannot afk on the frontlines either)
- Will you be slow: NO, in fact you'll be quite fast!
- Will you be bale to enter structures? YES (basic defenses)
After reviewing the above, this is an improvement on DAoC's stealth (more grouping, more safety, more strategy) with the main losses being the ability to do stealth gank groups and the stunloc/2-shot/vanish routine. It seems to me that Stealth, when implemented in a future extension, will be viable as a solo venture as well as a group one. If it does work, I think MJ will have really succeeded on this.
I can only therefore urge stealther to take a bit of time to absorb what the mechanics really mean, from both a stealther's perspective and a RvR one. This is the first time I may consider playing a stealther (speed, choice of targets, groupability, OP in veil, can enter defenses, what's not to like?)"

Overall i think this as MJ states will require more skill from the stealther to be efficient which i find like a good thing and tbh i'm pretty excited about it now

That clears some of my questions. Did Mark really type face pre nerf zerkers? :D haha
Well im on the Internal Test team so i will be testing this stuff alot, and wil leave pages long feedback what to improve or even to remove. MJ hope you keep your word this time that you will listen to your testers, because in Trials of Atlantis all my feedback got ignored, and 99% of the people complained about the points that i reported during the beta.

This will be interesting what each Valewalker can do differently, TDD get a magic walker? Vikings shadowzerker? :D Arthurian no idea what they can have @ this point :D

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
That clears some of my questions. Did Mark really type face pre nerf zerkers? :D haha
Well im on the Internal Test team so i will be testing this stuff alot, and wil leave pages long feedback what to improve or even to remove. MJ hope you keep your word this time that you will listen to your testers, because in Trials of Atlantis all my feedback got ignored, and 99% of the people complained about the points that i reported during the beta.

This will be interesting what each Valewalker can do differently, TDD get a magic walker? Vikings shadowzerker? :D Arthurian no idea what they can have @ this point :D

Hehe no man was some guy named Hellraise who typed that post:) would be funny though

And yeah i can't wait to test this shit out. I'm also in the IT and will dedicate much time so we can get as good game as pos. Hope we got more old school players in the IT, and i even heard we might get to test stuff as soon as this fall/winter!

Edit
One IT spot open right now

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
that post fails to mention that whilst in the veil you will get boosted abilities/special abilities. like levitate over water, walk through walls that aren't present in the veil. increased strength/speed and ability to manipulate the defenses of the veil to your own will.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think it sounds pretty interesting really, it's certainly a different approach to stealth. Rather that pop out of stealth, stun lock, kill, vanish.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Indeed, its very interesting :p it certainly makes a change from perfing people in the face then being able to vanish if it all goes wrong, I can see the whining stealth zergers crying about it tho.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, $50 stuck down, might put another $50 in on Sunday!

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Indeed, its very interesting :p it certainly makes a change from perfing people in the face then being able to vanish if it all goes wrong, I can see the whining stealth zergers crying about it tho.

Good, let them cry, skilless fucks. Nothing but detest for stealthzergs, nothing would make me happier than to see it become an impossibility in CU.

Playing a stealther should be about solo skill and determination to do well vs bad odds, not insta fragging unsuspecting toons with 7 mates.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Good, let them cry, skilless fucks. Nothing but detest for stealthzergs, nothing would make me happier than to see it become an impossibility in CU.

Playing a stealther should be about solo skill and determination to do well vs bad odds, not insta fragging unsuspecting toons with 7 mates.

Couldn't agree more, I think thats what MJ is driving at with the whole "Veil getting angry the more stealthers are in the same area/grouped" thing, the options for them to work together is there but with penalties.

Playing a stealther should indeed be about skill/cunning, it shouldn't be about simply out numbering the opponent or relying on a broken/overpowered skill set/stunlocks but outplaying the opponent outright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom