Camelot Unchained

rynnor

Rockhound
If you stealthers are asking for what was in DAOC, be fully prepared for there to be less visible soloers and more stealthed groups, that you'll QQ about ;)

If they had left in daoc style stealth classes the game would have been full of them since you dont have to level them in pve at all and that would be a gamebreaker.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The whole thing about stealthers is the ease at which they can pick and chose their fights. You could theoretically never die. It is easy to land PA/CD, there is no reason to ever lose against a caster, the only time you miss CD is if you or the target lag. With all the stupid STR/CON debuffs it's pretty difficult to lose against a tank too if you weapon swap... If it does look like you might lose then "pop" vanish

Stealthers have always been overpowered in one way or another, the suggested changes sound quite good and it's very early days, it all might change during development.

Himse

FH is my second home
The whole thing about stealthers is the ease at which they can pick and chose their fights. You could theoretically never die. It is easy to land PA/CD, there is no reason to ever lose against a caster, the only time you miss CD is if you or the target lag. With all the stupid STR/CON debuffs it's pretty difficult to lose against a tank too if you weapon swap... If it does look like you might lose then "pop" vanish

Stealthers have always been overpowered in one way or another, the suggested changes sound quite good and it's very early days, it all might change during development.

So can a Minstrel/Skald/Bard if they are solo, then can speed6 away from anyone and wait for casters.

Also, take away the weapon swap ability, and stealthers aren't actually that op.

rynnor

Rockhound
Tbh though its a bit early to make decisions based on very early ideas - it has a few years of development/testing and feedback ahead of it and will no doubt change a lot.

Rhayn

Loyal Freddie
One thing I'd like to get off my chest ..

I miss kill spam! Great for getting an idea of what and where things are happening on a map. More so than the usual built in radars. Also gave people with local knowledge an edge, as opposed to just looking for a pair of crossed swords on the map.

Also nice for stroking your e-peen ofc. :)

Himse

FH is my second home

I miss kill spam! Great for getting an idea of what and where things are happening on a map. More so than the usual built in radars. Also gave people with local knowledge an edge, as opposed to just looking for a pair of crossed swords on the map.

Kill spam is definitely still in the game!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

MJ has stated very clearly that he want's people to know who killed who. no pva (player vs anonymous). he wants people to be able to develop grudges, he wants it to get personal. no zerg vs zerg 20 meter behind you and you not noticing because you weren't looking in that direction. bring on the death SPAM. Huzzah !

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Also, take away the weapon swap ability, and stealthers aren't actually that op.

It's not just that that makes (made?) them "OP". It was the stealth, evade chance, weapon swap and burst DPS combined that did it.

Especially the evade did my fucking head in when i was playing my Thane. :)

Infils and shades were the 2 classes my Thane just could not challenge in any way.

That said, 3 days to go, anyone got ~400k they don't need?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's not just that that makes (made?) them "OP". It was the stealth, evade chance, weapon swap and burst DPS combined that did it.

Especially the evade did my fucking head in when i was playing my Thane. :)

Infils and shades were the 2 classes my Thane just could not challenge in any way.

That said, 3 days to go, anyone got ~400k they don't need?

Have faith Ctuchik ;)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Not many of the stealthers here tho seem to be pointing out the fact at various points in DAOC lifetime , stealthers killed most melee/tank classes 1 vs 1 :)
Even as a high RR melee character a large percent of my fights vs stealthers were close. So does that mean stealthers was ok killing casters easy AND being able to pick fights AND having a good chance vs a lot of melee classes ?:)

- English -

Resident Freddy
Anyone remember "Korv"? I used to shit myself back in the old days on my sorc. He could 1-2 shot me if he landed PA.. if he didn't he was a fair kill. Strengths and weaknesses tbh

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone remember "Korv"? I used to shit myself back in the old days on my sorc. He could 1-2 shot me if he landed PA.. if he didn't he was a fair kill. Strengths and weaknesses tbh

Korv was one of the very first stealthers to start using a buffbot afaik, no surprise he 2 shotted you :D

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
I think it'll make it now, good stream of pledges coming in. Hopefully MJ will have some major stuff to announce now, to make the final push...

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
I am starting to get Angry @ some people asking the same questions again and again and again! Cant they read and watch all the past updates first before ask: Can we take keeps...... I mean come on !

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah that new overview video is really good. Makes it so much easier to promote this damn thing

And maan this kickstarter has been killing me:)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
And maan this kickstarter has been killing me:)

yeah, same to me.

i'm not sure i can even start to imagine how hard this has been on MJ so far. i've been promoting this thing and trying to make people pledge... i'm not on the point i'm losing sleep over this but i'm close with the end of the kickstart closing in. my resources have limits and there are limits to the number of people i can give a 25/30 bucks game when it funds :/

still, i'm positive and think it will fund. kickstarts have the habit of collecting a lot of revenue in the last day(s) comparable to the first day(s)

this is my last hope for mmo's with the current trend in mmo's

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
yeah, same to me.

i'm not sure i can even start to imagine how hard this has been on MJ so far. i've been promoting this thing and trying to make people pledge... i'm not on the point i'm losing sleep over this but i'm close with the end of the kickstart closing in. my resources have limits and there are limits to the number of people i can give a 25/30 bucks game when it funds :/

still, i'm positive and think it will fund. kickstarts have the habit of collecting a lot of revenue in the last day(s) comparable to the first day(s)

Been doing the same on other forums and will continue to do so until the last minute.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's going to be very tight by the looks of things! 300k or so needed in the next couple of days. Got nearly 150k yesterday though.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Paying for others? o_O

A birthdays and a two other people i had a reason to give a gift to. some other friends gave the birthday boy gem cards for GW2 to bring his legendary closer, yawn. if it doesn't fund i'll have to think of something else and just get him plain old fashion drunk. i'm bloody refusing to buy him a gem card so he can get closer to buying his legendary.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
A birthdays and a two other people i had a reason to give a gift to. some other friends gave the birthday boy gem cards for GW2 to bring his legendary closer, yawn. if it doesn't fund i'll have to think of something else and just get him plain old fashion drunk. i'm bloody refusing to buy him a gem card so he can get closer to buying his legendary.
sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom