Camelot Unchained

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
That sounds very interesting to me. the two things that came directly to my mind (and to some other people it seems) is Frodo putting on his ring and entering a ghost version of the normal world, with it's own dangers.

the second thing that came to my mind was the table top pen and paper 'world of darkness' vampire/werewolf/wraith/mage/... universe with it's umbra/shadowlands/... The valewalkers might resemble something like 'harbingers of skulls' more than most people's traditional idea of 'stealth'. a semi magic user class that uses rituals to enter the veil and then travels from point A to point B and is able to bypass defenses and pop up at places that would be impossible to reach for non stealhers without having to kill everything between point A and point B.

having to maybe use a ritual (cast time !!!) to enter the veil would be cool and solve the issue of destealth / Perf Artery - Creeping Death (stunlock + huge damage burst) / vanish.
i realy like the concept so far.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
The TDD ValeWalker needs duelwield Sythes!! And lifetap and lurikeen and i will be playing it untill i hit the highest rank :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A little too WoWish for my liking, I prefer more human character models like in DAOC.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think the stealth system sounds great though its really a whole new game rather than just a modified version of stealth - it sounds a bit like the border ethereal from my old AD&D days.

Only those who could see into the ethereal were vulnerable to attack from that dimension and it was possible to use it to travel great distances but with a risk that you may get lost and take a lot longer. While in the ethereal you could pass through most things in the real world. There were things living in that dimension and these were pretty much universally hostile to travellers from the real world.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I think the stealth system sounds great though its really a whole new game rather than just a modified version of stealth - it sounds a bit like the border ethereal from my old AD&D days.

Only those who could see into the ethereal were vulnerable to attack from that dimension and it was possible to use it to travel great distances but with a risk that you may get lost and take a lot longer. While in the ethereal you could pass through most things in the real world. There were things living in that dimension and these were pretty much universally hostile to travellers from the real world.

Yup
its also got echos of the Warhammer "warp" aswell

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Ive been subpar in following what's going on... But from reading the stealthclasses, it seems the classes will be universal throughout the 3 realms?

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm interested in how they will develop/test the game. If it was me I'd be heading for one of the agile/iterative methodologies where you develop a little bit, test a little bit, develop a little bit etc.

If you prioritise it right you get the barebones of the game together (all your 'must have' features) in the early stages then onto your 'should haves' and if the money holds out even a few of the 'could haves'.

The tricky bit is deciding what are should haves as opposed to could haves.

rynnor

Rockhound
Internal tester pledge open currently... wont last long...

Edit - Gone!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Ive been subpar in following what's going on... But from reading the stealthclasses, it seems the classes will be universal throughout the 3 realms?

hard to tell at this stage really. from what i saw / read, i can't tell if it will be a skill line or group of classes.
it could be something like calling ns's, sb's and infs combined assassins, or calling every class that could spec stealth stealthers, c) it could be something like the minotaurs that came with laby where the mino's were one class that had mirrors in the 3 realms.

we've been told no mirror classes so i don't think it will be one class that is equal in the 3 realms.
the veilwalk mechanic might not result in the classic idea of leather clad stealther-assassin that goes stab/stab/dead target, from stealth.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Internal tester pledge open currently... wont last long...

Edit - Gone!

yep, seems like there are a few people who are going "oh noes, if i can't one , maximum two shot people from stealth and vannish it must suck!" and cancelling pledges.

getting one shotted from stealth in daoc on my avalonian with 100 % spellcrafted gear, 101 con in armor, purple con + str/con buff + armor buff + spec purple armor buff (by 2h SB with a huge crit) is something noone except the person doing it finds a good idea.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
yep, seems like there are a few people who are going "oh noes, if i can't one , maximum two shot people from stealth and vannish it must suck!" and cancelling pledges.

getting one shotted from stealth in daoc on my avalonian with 100 % spellcrafted gear, 101 con in armor, purple con + str/con buff + armor buff + spec purple armor buff (by 2h SB with a huge crit) is something noone except the person doing it finds a good idea.

To be fair the people that are running DAOC now seem rather immature, one of them sounds like he's still in his teens for example, they need a more mature dev team that know what balance is rather than teens that just want pew pew laser death kill smash :p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
played it with 2k+ !!!!! fps.
playing from an azerty keyboard was a bit of a ... oh well, can't complain about that really with such an early build.
it was rather fun.
very nice tech demo.
is there a way to get an earlier announcement about when there is an update/test ? i only found out about this test because i had the twitch channel open in a browser (forgot to close it hoooouuuurs ago) and i heard people talk on it.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Another building update.... We know its cool guys and the work you done about it is cool but people wont pledge because of a lego building demo, they want to see races, class, pwnage !

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Another building update.... We know its cool guys and the work you done about it is cool but people wont pledge because of a lego building demo, they want to see races, class, pwnage !

Mr impatient ;) prob be keeping all the good stuff for the last 1-4 days of Kickstarter to get some fat income bursts.

Estimated Low: $1,580,000
Estimated High: $1,780,000

A good dose of bursts over the course of 1-4 days should hopefully tip the balance

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>

As somebody who even played stealther in DAoC for a period (my second "Xandax" character) - I hate traditional stealth in MMOs.
It's either completely OP or completely useless and always only exists to grief somebody.
High DPS burst classes with good escape/can pick their fights are just a recipe for a nice pile of 'hey, Bob - impossible to balance' cakes. It's been that way in each MMO I've played which incorporated such a traditional stealth class.

Stealth IMO should mean something completely different, such as avoiding things stealthily - not pop up behind somebody and burst them down in seconds before they can react.

Aada

Part of the furniture

But your a caster and you should be killed quickly.

I loved 1 shotting casters like you, made me feel like a stealther taking down the artillery, nothing more fun going up that keep and 1 shotting the stupid caster who decides he's cool enough to sit down on top of the wall.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
can i put in an early plea for people doing testing etc..

make sure the UI is up to scratch please ;)

eq2 still way out in front imo on "stuff we put there to help you", and i dont mean quest markers and stuff, i mean "open up guild tab.. ooh an "invite this person to group button" " and stuff like that.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
As somebody who even played stealther in DAoC for a period (my second "Xandax" character) - I hate traditional stealth in MMOs.
It's either completely OP or completely useless and always only exists to grief somebody.
High DPS burst classes with good escape/can pick their fights are just a recipe for a nice pile of 'hey, Bob - impossible to balance' cakes. It's been that way in each MMO I've played which incorporated such a traditional stealth class.

Stealth IMO should mean something completely different, such as avoiding things stealthily - not pop up behind somebody and burst them down in seconds before they can react.

yeah, and i'm happy that CU is trying two novel things with the veil and camouflage.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
But your a) a caster and b) you should be killed quickly.

:p i agree that it should be able to take casters down quickly and that some casters are higher on the priority list of 'must kill', but ...

I loved 1 shotting casters like you, made me feel like a stealther taking down the artillery, nothing more fun going up that keep and 1 shotting the stupid caster who decides he's cool enough to sit down on top of the wall.

... one shotting people from stealth is a no go. it's not like i my ice wiz was an (most of the time) unbuffed rog lord without defenses. 1600 hp (or was it 1800 ? can't remember), 600 AF, blade turn, brittle guard(s), (and sometimes DI 3) and getting one shotted from stealth (only 2 handed SB's could do that, NS's could never do that afaik) is retarded. and i am not talking about sitting down the (admittedly very) few times that happened. if you get one shotted while sitting down, oh well, fair enough i guess.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
can i put in an early plea for people doing testing etc..

make sure the UI is up to scratch please ;)

eq2 still way out in front imo on "stuff we put there to help you", and i dont mean quest markers and stuff, i mean "open up guild tab.. ooh an "invite this person to group button" " and stuff like that.

at the moment the plan is to have the UI written in html. almost everyone with the most minor programming (or editing skills for that matter) should be able to do those things if they are not included as standard ... or have someone do it for you.

rynnor

Rockhound
at the moment the plan is to have the UI written in html. almost everyone with the most minor programming (or editing skills for that matter) should be able to do those things if they are not included as standard ... or have someone do it for you.

Yeah - its a good idea as there's tons of people who like to play around building these custom UI's which saves the developers to spend their time on the game itself - plus no matter how much you do create on a UI people will still want other things.

I think it was SWTOR that locked out all custom UI's and it was one of the most regularly complained about issues on their forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom