Camelot Unchained

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Edit: damn timer

I also think its going to be a good idea to band together and keep houses with guild/alliances, building them away from others is just a recipe for grief - atleast if its near guild/alliances it has a bigger chance of not being torched.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
It will encourage community, as people form villages with people that play at various times of the day, which will then enourage guilds and alliances to try absorb these villages into their own towns/cities ect in return for protection. In theory anyway :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It will encourage community, as people form villages with people that play at various times of the day, which will then enourage guilds and alliances to try absorb these villages into their own towns/cities ect in return for protection. In theory anyway :)

Aye and before long you'll have quite large housing areas in need of constant defense :) kind of liking the potential of it, might even see mercenary like roleplaying guilds start appearing selling defense to your house and what not.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
There is one problem that I forsee and I get this will sound really off but I'm sure you will see where I'm going with it - Russian guilds have in other mmo's of the past reached numbers of upto 400 in a single guild, having a guild with 400 members + another guild with 400 members running around together is going to be this very un-enjoyable, I get that siege/large scale battles are going to play a huge part in CU but you have to draw the line somewhere before it gets out of hand - how will such things be dealt with Mark Jacobs?

eksdee

FH is my second home
IP ban Russia, nation of scumbags and cheats in every game I've ever played. EZ.

rynnor

Rockhound
If you can pull off lag free rvr in player housing areas it will be amazing - big technical challenge though.

You might want the most graphically challenging exterior designs to be far more expensive to discourage players building 'lag trap' houses.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
There is one problem that I forsee and I get this will sound really off but I'm sure you will see where I'm going with it - Russian guilds have in other mmo's of the past reached numbers of upto 400 in a single guild, having a guild with 400 members + another guild with 400 members running around together is going to be this very un-enjoyable, I get that siege/large scale battles are going to play a huge part in CU but you have to draw the line somewhere before it gets out of hand - how will such things be dealt with Mark Jacobs?

There will be mezz and pbae in this game tho, let them zerg im happy to bomb them :D

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
There will be mezz and pbae in this game tho, let them zerg im happy to bomb them :D

Good to hear, the 5 target limit on GW2 AoE was what put me off WvWvW - that and the downed mechanic in zergs

Doesn't look like the games gonna hit it's goal though

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Good to hear, the 5 target limit on GW2 AoE was what put me off WvWvW - that and the downed mechanic in zergs

Doesn't look like the games gonna hit it's goal though

Have faith.

eksdee

FH is my second home
My faith is starting dwindle tbh. Kinda hoping there's some oil sheikh who loved DAoC right about now. :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
As more info gets released more people will start backing it. I have faith :p Lets face it if this doesn't get the nod, there's clearly not as many people as we all thought looking for a rvr orientated game.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
As more info gets released more people will start backing it. I have faith :p Lets face it if this doesn't get the nod, there's clearly not as many people as we all thought looking for a rvr orientated game.

The problem is most people in Europe dont have a credit card to pledge.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Convince Abramovich Falcao is a die hard Camelot fanboy and the only way he'll join is if this project is funded.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The problem is most people in Europe dont have a credit card to pledge.

Yea, I genuinely believe it would have been funded by now and still receiving donations if they accepted paypal. I still have faith it will hit the goal tho, last week it was doing $1,000-2,000 a day tops - today alone its done $16,777 - not only are the updates bringing more people in but the fact that the Kickstarter is coming closer to an end is starting to draw more in.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Was there any info on how they combat the usual 1121112111 cookie combat that is the founding stone of mmo gameplay?

(Not that it's quite that simple, but still.)

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
Convince Abramovich Falcao is a die hard Camelot fanboy and the only way he'll join is if this project is funded.

Just ask jacques villeneuve, he once said his main game he used to play was Daoc, he must still have a healthy bank balance.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
i would be thé person to have for a guild who wants to build big houses...

I've been shooting bricks all season :((

georgie

FH is my second home
Is it possible to have any NCP defense system?

Say hello to Matt! (y)

73dzrs.jpg

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
10 days to go and 10k off $1.3 million

It won't happen

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sorry to say but actually I'm starting to have doubts it will fund as well projections are going down by the day. But the last few days could spike it but 700k is looking a lot.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I still have faith even if some of the community don't :p CU has massive potential, so much so I've just donated some extra cash - I'm not a rich man but I believe in its potential us worth the risk.

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
I still have faith even if some of the community don't :p CU has massive potential, so much so I've just donated some extra cash - I'm not a rich man but I believe in its potential us worth the risk.

Hehe upping my pledge 50% my self in the last day for some extra FPs, going to be a lot of pasta in the month to come

Urgat

Part of the furniture
I have yet to pledge, waiting for payday on Friday this week. I suspect many others will be in the same boat.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
The money doesn't get taken until/if it funds. :)

this/that seems one of the major misunderstandings about kickstart.

the idea is that you pay xxx if/when it reaches it's goal. if it doesn't reach it's goal, your CC does not get substracted from your CC. you pledge XXX means you'll get XXX substracted from your CC only if/when it reaches it's target.

i pledged 180, but when it doesn't reach it's 2M target, it means i simply don't pay 180. that's what 'pledge' means.

would i 'throw away' 180 ? hell no, i'm not that rich.

if it goes ahead ? yeah, it's 180 well spend imho. i want to see a game that brings the 'daoc feeling' again.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I have yet to pledge, waiting for payday on Friday this week. I suspect many others will be in the same boat.

if you have a CC, technically you could pledge XXX towards the 2M, even if you don't have a dime 'at the moment'. i wonder how much/many of kickstarter pledges will get 'bounced' by banks in case of reaching the 2m target ?

i have a prepayed CC at the moment (no bank wants to give me a CC while paying off a mortgage). i'm reasonably sure there wasn't 180 on that account when i made the pledge, but the day after pledging, i topped up the account by more than 180 to make sure that when/if it gets funded, that the money is there for MJ&Co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom