Camelot Unchained

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
well i like portering around in there some times just for a bit of fun better than going on to the ea (WOW Clone) survers :-p

Have you read the latest update on Camelot Unchained btw?

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
1.250.000 :( 750k stil to go in 12 days, i sure hope it picks up by alot with the new update today. I think they should of aimed for 1 mil so it opens paypal for europe, would have been easyer to hit 2 mil then. There missing out alot of money atm.

Gonna be abit depressed if the game is canceld :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
1.250.000 :( 750k stil to go in 12 days, i sure hope it picks up by alot with the new update today. I think they should of aimed for 1 mil so it opens paypal for europe, would have been easyer to hit 2 mil then. There missing out alot of money atm.

Gonna be abit depressed if the game is canceld :(

Its normal for a Kckstarter to slow down mid way through, it'll speed up again once its almost finished.

Have faith :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
It doesn't look that great though, projections put the upper and lower bound of the kickstarter to hit way lower than the target.

Just shows that most players don't believe the Mark Jacobs marketing talk.

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/#chart-daily

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/#chart-daily

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/66710809/double-fine-adventure/#chart-daily

compare all those and then compare them to this:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/#chart-daily

Which speaks more about the nature of crowd funding and pledges/day backers/day as affected by a human phenomenon much more complex to theorise about.

According to KS stats aswell, more than 94% of projects that did reach 50% of their funding by a similar stage in their own campaigns have hit and/or surpassed their goals and funded.

An informative and well formed statement

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH

Which speaks more about the nature of crowd funding and pledges/day backers/day as affected by a human phenomenon much more complex to theorise about.

According to KS stats aswell, more than 94% of projects that did reach 50% of their funding by a similar stage in their own campaigns have hit and/or surpassed their goals and funded.

Still think it would have been smarter to aim for 1 mil so europe gets the paypal option. I know alot of people that want to pledge but dont have a CC.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
I almost killed MJ during the twitch livestream :D He died almost of laughing when i asked if he would take the last 750k from EA :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I almost killed MJ during the twitch livestream :D He died almost of laughing when i asked if he would take the last 750k from EA :D

Hehe :p

pledge has just jumped from $5,200 to $10,600 for today, just got a nice little donation spike :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

I know! I linked to them in the first place.

But look at the GOAL of each of those. 900k USD, 500k USD, 400k USD. Compare that to the average pledged per day between the spikes. They trended higher than expected for that goal. CU, however, does not.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still have faith aswell regardless of what projections made, projections arent set in stone - they can be wrong and have been wrong.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
I dont like that your house can be ganked non stop, would make me rage to log off each day then log back on and your house is gone yet again. Why cant they be Inside a big keep? Or behind a wall like relics in DAOC? They invaders cant just walk up to your house then and gank it down, I really see no point in having a house if it can be destoryed that easy. Why would i want a house? What gives it extra to me? Its just cosmetic then i wont even bother. Best to craft weapons and armor then to sell, or just gank people.

Idea seems good on paper but i dont see that point in having a house if its like this.

I will be going to send alot of feedback on this :D

Mark Jacobs

The real MJ
I dont like that your house can be ganked non stop, would make me rage to log off each day then log back on and your house is gone yet again. Why cant they be Inside a big keep? Or behind a wall like relics in DAOC? They invaders cant just walk up to your house then and gank it down, I really see no point in having a house if it can be destoryed that easy. Why would i want a house? What gives it extra to me? Its just cosmetic then i wont even bother. Best to craft weapons and armor then to sell, or just gank people.

Idea seems good on paper but i dont see that point in having a house if its like this.
1) It can be inside a big keep.
2) Build your own wall or work with others to do so. :)
3) There will be other benefits to building a house.
4) Keep in mind that the world map isn't small. If you build your main house in a "hot" area, yep, it can happen. OTOH, if you build your house in an area that has been fortified and is further away from the action, you'll be much safer. Again, remember that our world RvR map = 99% of the entire world and we aren't going to have a lot of insta-travel.

Don't think of CU as DAoC or WoW or even Minecraft. This is a different beast in many ways.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Question about housing Mark - If an opposing realm burns down your house will the entire countents also be destroyed? or can't you store items/crafted things in a house? if so it sounds quite harsh that you could potentially lose XX hours worth of materials or crafted components because someone has come along while you were offline and thought it was funny to throw a match through your letterbox.

Say for example I have a chest with 15 breastplates and 8 swords I just crafted for my guild and another chest with hours worth of materials inside - can it all be stolen/salvaged?

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
1) It can be insides a big keep.
2) Build your own wall or work with others to do so. :)
3) There will be other benefits to building a house.
4) Keep in mind you thing that the world map is small, it isn't. If you build your main house in a "hot" area, yep, it can happen. OTOH, if you build your house in an area that has been fortified and is further away from the action, you'll be much safer. Again, remember that our world RvR map = 99% of the entire world and we aren't going to have a lot of insta-travel.

Don't think of CU as DAoC or WoW or even Minecraft. This is a different beast in many ways.

Thanks for clearing it up abit Mark, if the world map lets say is gonna be just as big as entire albion realm @ release from camelot. So i build my house in Salisbury Planes in a corner where nobody walks past, then a big zerg runs out and spots my home and they think well we have to check that spot more often if people build a house there.

The thing that would be interesting in having a house if you could be able to port to your house, then it would pay off beeing in an area that has alot of mines etc.

Will there be a build a keep as an entire guild? So that would give alot of benefits for players in the guild and taking it will be alot harder.

Also you say the world will be very big in terms to cover all these idea's, but dont you think that will kill the pvp action? Or it will turn out that people like in DAOC just go to Emain Manche for RvR and leave all the other area's.

One thing about the walls, what prevents me in building 20 walls behind each other? :p

Still think the idea's are great and keep up the good work, ill just want to givf some feedback how I see it :)

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
Has anyone here not backed this project yet? It just keeps looking better by the day. :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
just pledged $30 because im drunk. get everyone you know who likes gaming drunk and make them pledge!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
"Since I mentioned mines, I want to be very clear that our mines are not the type found in most MMORPGs. Forget using a hammer to strike on an exposed cropping of gold, silver, etc. to extract material. Our mines are real mines that our players will have to go down into in order to obtain the materials that they seek. These mines will also last quite a while and yield enough minerals that our players will not need to spend most of their time wandering around the world looking for mines. They won’t “pop” like most other MMORPGs because frankly, we want to go down a different shaft for this game. ☺"

Amazing idea, absolutely loving it.

Love the idea of this. Doing a shift down tut pit followed by a few brain numbing beers in the Freddy's Inn. I'll start a Union and campaign for better safety conditions and gas lamps :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah don't really like the idea of spending time to mine stuff, then more time to build stuff, get a famous landmark going as you spend your time solely to build things(minecraft style) and then some 14 year old a-holes come around and lol at no-point-destruction while they destroy your months and months of work.

Not to mention keeping premium locations for backers etc only.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Is it possible to have any NCP defense system? or traps around your houses, automatic arrows shooting at anyone attacking your house if you are not online?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Is it possible to have any NCP defense system? or traps around your houses, automatic arrows shooting at anyone attacking your house if you are not online?

Yeah, MJ mentioned exactly that in an interview on Massively. Also said things along the lines of having your fort/house/whatever structure torn down after days of work would totally suck for the player and therefore they were looking at how to combat that. I presume incentivising rebuilding by making it quick/cheap and so forth.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Yeah, MJ mentioned exactly that in an interview on Massively. Also said things along the lines of having your fort/house/whatever structure torn down after days of work would totally suck for the player and therefore they were looking at how to combat that. I presume incentivising rebuilding by making it quick/cheap and so forth.

It would be nice to work on fortification, deploy traps so enemies fall through into the ground onto spikes/fire, perhaps some drawbridges/moats around with dangerous mobs in, towers with NCP archers. These wouldnt stop forces in the mass, but perhaps stop a solo'er destroying an entire village as people sleep.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah don't really like the idea of spending time to mine stuff, then more time to build stuff, get a famous landmark going as you spend your time solely to build things(minecraft style) and then some 14 year old a-holes come around and lol at no-point-destruction while they destroy your months and months of work.

Not to mention keeping premium locations for backers etc only.

I think the idea is to make regular blueprints, that way rather than having to build it brick by brick again you can simply plop the entire building down again (not sure if you will need that mats again, would assume so) but the design itself gets saved to the blueprint :)

I admit tho, after playing Minecraft and having creepers blow up hours of work its going to be very frustrating regardless of blueprints. They should make it so you cannot salvage or burn the building until all defenses have been killed/destroyed - or something along those lines, stops poeple just running upto it ignoring all defenses and burning it down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom