Camelot Unchained

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
as far as i understand it, thats exactly the plan.

Things that let yu stream your magical eye cams to a website widget of your choice, allow in-game chat channel comms to be visible and accessible by website and android app, user written ofc. all this is part of the design as i understand it

Not according to Andrew's blog:-
There is a strong possibility that when running in-game, UI mods will be limited so they can’t talk to any servers other than our own (and via our library at that). ...

From http://camelotunchained.com/en/making-a-game-out-of-the-web/ near the bottom.

Hopefully if it isn't the plan currently, CSE can be persuaded to include it in the plan :)

Last edited:

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
well, i will do my best as a baker, er i mean backer, on the backers forums, to convince him to open the system up wider [ if i can convince myself that it won't mak it too easy to hack/bug] ><

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
An android ap for traps/spying would be excellent, though I imagine it would need a fair bit of development for a graphical representation.

As mentioned it might be open to abuse though.

Mark Jacobs

The real MJ
Mark Jacobs The game engines that are licensed often have advanced world building tools, will CSE be developing these kinds of tools for CU as well? and are you looking at for example SpeedTree to speed up your world building once it starts?
I don't know how advanced they will be but of course, we will create some of these tools ourselves. As you may know, we used SpeedTree ourselves. We will be evaluating whatever middleware makes sense.

Mark Jacobs

The real MJ
Mark Jacobs , ignore this question if you feel it's not fair to ask, but we often ask this in dev work so thought i'd throw it to you too;

What are the problems with CU? What do you know will be lacking? In a nutshell; what are the known problems that -will- happen with this game?
One of the biggest is the lack of PvE. We have to make sure that the RvR and other systems are engaging enough so that our players will have something else to do when they don't feel like RvRing. Another problem will be the lack of some of the modern-age conveniences in MMORPGs that we are specifically cutting out (GPS map, quest givers with "?", no AH, etc.). Now, things like this are going to be a challenge but since we are aiming this game at a specific niche and being very open with our backers, they will know this going in so it won't be as much of a challenge.

I could go on and talk about other issues but time is at a premium right now. :)

Mark Jacobs

The real MJ
An android ap for traps/spying would be excellent, though I imagine it would need a fair bit of development for a graphical representation.

As mentioned it might be open to abuse though.
Absolutely but we know this going in so we are going to be very careful. Also, we want to hook this capability up as quickly as possible so we'll have plenty of time to either refine the system or chuck it and replace it with something a lot less powerful but simpler.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
No worries. Fortunately, we still have almost two weeks to go, still time to convince you. :)

Just tell him there will be a celtic tank class that can turn into a giant moose and he'll be sold lol :)

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
are you currently posting on the cu comments board? ---> Mehuge

I did post on there this morning, but it got drowned out by the 100,000s of other comments posted today. I also used the KS email. Not too concerned, backers forums will be the best place to discuss it in detail, I expect.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
Hey Mark,

DAoC excelled at crafting when Spell-crafting was introduced. The amount of time that people spent trying to come up with templates and then trying to get the items was amazing. It gave people an interest to create and obtain a template perfect for their requirements and people had different requirements so this was a massive part of my time in DAoC in game and out of game and tremendous fun. It also gave something to do when not PVP'ing.
All other MMO's I've played have had very dull crafting (GW2 cooking was interesting for a short while).
I'm sure a significant number of people who will be interested in playing CU with a DAoC background will be looking to create the perfect template and improve their characters in much the same way.

One of the problems this brought though was it really differentiated people who have the time and the guild backup to be able to get the best of the best.

Therefore, have you thought of ways of creating this interest in working out different ways of equipping your char to tune it to your requirements and how to ensure it doesn't kill PVP in the differences it can make?

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Best way to test the security of the game will be to open a 5 a 10k reward for hackers that can hack into the game, if they fail good job, if they get it in, you will have the the fixs for just 5 a 10k ;) Something to think about.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
One of the biggest is the lack of PvE. We have to make sure that the RvR and other systems are engaging enough so that our players will have something else to do when they don't feel like RvRing. Another problem will be the lack of some of the modern-age conveniences in MMORPGs that we are specifically cutting out (GPS map, quest givers with "?", no AH, etc.). Now, things like this are going to be a challenge but since we are aiming this game at a specific niche and being very open with our backers, they will know this going in so it won't be as much of a challenge.

I could go on and talk about other issues but time is at a premium right now. :)

That's a very fine answer and really shows how open you are about things with the project. Would certainly sell me over if i had the resources to bac the project. Atleast will try the game when it comes otu, be it sooner or later ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Best way to test the security of the game will be to open a 5 a 10k reward for hackers that can hack into the game, if they fail good job, if they get it in, you will have the the fixs for just 5 a 10k ;) Something to think about.
Surely every game will be hackable if the client is not secured by some means?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Mark,

Do you think it's possible to have a section on your website once the game goes live that let's users see all the items in the game?

I always get frustrated in mmorpg's when you want to look at armour sets, or more importantly, items for a spell craft set, but the information is scattered around the web...and half the time it includes the wrong stats

I don't know much about this game as I've only started to look into it, but do you remember the Allakhazam website everyone used to look up items?

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
New update #21 - Teaser

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/posts/459145

"To summarize tonight’s building/gathering/crafting teaser, you get to go deep within mines to get materials, you get to build structures, and you get to then burn those structures down and/or recover materials from them. The best part is, all of this is just a small part of what is coming tomorrow.

New Tiers OTW!"

Cool read, nice to see new tiers are coming up as well! Can't wait for the big update tomoz

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"Since I mentioned mines, I want to be very clear that our mines are not the type found in most MMORPGs. Forget using a hammer to strike on an exposed cropping of gold, silver, etc. to extract material. Our mines are real mines that our players will have to go down into in order to obtain the materials that they seek. These mines will also last quite a while and yield enough minerals that our players will not need to spend most of their time wandering around the world looking for mines. They won’t “pop” like most other MMORPGs because frankly, we want to go down a different shaft for this game. ☺"

Amazing idea, absolutely loving it.

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
Btw can you imagine how cool it will be to copy paste your main character to one of the private ones and play in an 8v8 tournament etc.

Kinda wish i had the cash myself lols, i really hope one of the people who buys one will organize something cool like that once a week.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Btw can you imagine how cool it will be to copy paste your main character to one of the private ones and play in an 8v8 tournament etc.

Kinda wish i had the cash myself lols, i really hope one of the people who buys one will organize something cool like that once a week.

Yea, would be nice or even a high end 8v8 dedicated server - it would certainly wipe out people crying about being zerged etc.

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
Ye the potential is huge, this was a very smart move imo and i hope they will sell a couple

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Off-topic:

If anyone else has been hit by Nostalgia now, there is "Camelot Unchained" guild in Midgard on the freeshard Uthgard, everybody, backer or not, are welcome to come and join us; The community, both in the guild and on the freeshard in general, is great

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Off-topic:

If anyone else has been hit by Nostalgia now, there is "Camelot Unchained" guild in Midgard on the freeshard Uthgard, everybody, backer or not, are welcome to come and join us; The community, both in the guild and on the freeshard in general, is great

lets play on a server that stole tech from DAoC to show our support for it.. RIGHTO !

fucking freeloaders :twak:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Off-topic:

No. I'd rather pour bleach in my eyes and try and finish Mario on the original gameboy than play on a freeshard let alone Uthgard :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
:-( whats the matter with uthgard im there :-p

Thats whats the matter with Uthgard

Just kidding :p don't like Uthgard, its a try hard server for memories gone, rather remember DAOC how it was than play on a monstrosity like Uthgard.

tasaroca

Loyal Freddie
well i like portering around in there some times just for a bit of fun better than going on to the ea (WOW Clone) survers :-p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom