Camelot Unchained

Everz

FH is my second home
Also, alot of it can be down to the fact that most of this seems to be concept without any actual gameplay?

After the numerous amount of games that have talked the talk about being the next big thing in PvP (Aion, Rift, WAR, GW2 etc etc), I think people are more intrigued into seeing how the game looks in action rather than donating to a concept. Just my opinion anyways and why I few people I know have held off from donating.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Also, alot of it can be down to the fact that most of this seems to be concept without any actual gameplay?

After the numerous amount of games that have talked the talk about being the next big thing in PvP (Aion, Rift, WAR, GW2 etc etc), I think people are more intrigued into seeing how the game looks in action rather than donating to a concept. Just my opinion anyways and why I few people I know have held off from donating.

Imo you're absolutly right, but you need a concept first to make a game. All we can do is give imput. Just hope they listen and actually learn not just from their previous "mistakes" but also hade a good look at the other MMO's. There's a good reason why (for example) WoW and Eve are doing so well.

Come to think of it. There's very little wrong with the PvP DAoC has/hade, I for one hope Marc Jacobs acknowledges this. Doesn't mean it has to be an exact copy though.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Imo you're absolutly right, but you need a concept first to make a game. All we can do is give imput. Just hope they listen and actually learn not just from their previous "mistakes" but also hade a good look at the other MMO's. There's a good reason why (for example) WoW and Eve are doing so well.

Come to think of it. There's very little wrong with the PvP DAoC has/hade, I for one hope Marc Jacobs acknowledges this. Doesn't mean it has to be an exact copy though.

EVE has no competition and WoW has 10 years of content and expansions and patches that every MMO that comes out has to contend with, chances are people who try the new MMO's are looking to get away from WoW but when they see there is nothing to do when you hit end game it's /quit and load WoW back up for another 3 years until something else that looks good comes along. When WoW came out there was also very little competition and it has had a 10 year headstart.

Agree with your point about DAOC PVP.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
There are two key questions that I would have to ask before restarting the KS:

1) Do I still believe that there are enough players who are interested in this type of game to justify my and others investments in this game?

2) If so, why did we fail to connect with them and how can we do it better a second time?

We've got some big updates coming up in the next 2 weeks and I think that they will set the tone for our success/failure. If what we want to do with crafting, building, RvR, etc. don't fill enough people with joy-joy feelings, then I doubt the answer to (1) will be yes.

Back to work. I'll drop in later.

Mark how about you open a Donation over paypal on your website with the same tiers linked to them how much you donate? Alot of people in europe dont have credit cards would ad alot of extra.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
EVE has no competition and WoW has 10 years of content and expansions and patches that every MMO that comes out has to contend with, chances are people who try the new MMO's are looking to get away from WoW but when they see there is nothing to do when you hit end game it's /quit and load WoW back up for another 3 years until something else that looks good comes along. When WoW came out there was also very little competition and it has had a 10 year headstart.

Agree with your point about DAOC PVP.

WoW biggest plus back in those days is that it ran good on old machines aswell. DAoC has an old engine, so today it runs well when it comes to big fights. Something recent MMO's seem to ignore (that massive fights should still be playable on an average computer). Which is a huge anti climax. You get all pumped up for that massive fight and the lag destroys everything.

Something they seem to understand though, having seen the recent video's.

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
unfortunately, ks can't accept paypal as it doesn't support a pledging mechanism - it instantly debits your card.

However, do you guys have any1 u can trust with a cc who you can pool funds with and buy a guild tier package? or somesuch?

Also, from what I understand, if the ks funds, then they can open paypal payments, with the same tier pledge rewards available to eu players.
They have even held back a number of the available islands/inns for paypal payers so that eu players get a fair chance to get one.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
This is another good point tbh. A lot of people in Europe don't have a "real" creditcard.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
.. and in a lot of european countries it's not as easy to get a CC like in the UK for example.

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
from what i understand, the credit card just hasn't been popularly in demand in many places in the eu, where they favour debit systems and the GKR/GKK ?
Which is a debiting system as i understand it, but not widely supported outside of the local regions.

Specifically in places like austria and germany. yes, mastercard is available but who wants to get a method of credit transaction that you never used/will use again, nor trust or support the principles of so that you can pledge on a kickstarter?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
certain places yes, certain places no. I've been to places where cash simply seemed to not exist and just about everything was credit carded. the place I currently reside does that, but with debit cards. active (daily) use of a CC is low to non-existent here.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
This whole credit card thing people are talking about is new to me, and Im from Denmark.

Lead me to look it up online, and I guess we in Denmark has made a mockery of Debit and Credit cards, sort of.

I got a mastercard, works excatly like a standard mastercard in the regard that I can purchase online and do anything with it that a credit card can do.

But financially, it functions like a debit card

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
This whole credit card thing people are talking about is new to me, and Im from Denmark.

Lead me to look it up online, and I guess we in Denmark has made a mockery of Debit and Credit cards, sort of.

I got a mastercard, works excatly like a standard mastercard in the regard that I can purchase online and do anything with it that a credit card can do.

But financially, it functions like a debit card

In the Netherlands we got a Pinpas. I suppose it's a debit card, though not too sure about the translation. Anyways you cannot pay "online" with it like you would do with a creditcard.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yeah dude I'm in NL too and a pinpas is most certainly a debit card. I am thinking when SEPA gets it's shit together for debit cards you should be able to purchase goods across the EU/countries in SEPA with a debit card. that said...who knows when that will actually happen :)

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
The first year of launch was hard as i was 17 years old (Damn im getting old 29 soon ahhh) and i had no Credit Card to pay the subs, lucky we had a nice guy in Defectu Virium (kcinimodus) that payed the subs after sending him money :D Day i turned 18 i applied for a Mastercard from my bank so i could pay myself. I dont think i would be playing today if kcinimodus did not pay for my account.

Those first 2 years were so uber in this game, i miss those days sometimes.

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
anyone here planning on getting an island/custom house/inn when the paypal opens?
or thinking of being part of a group that buys into one together?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You might want to post a link :)

Can't see anything about it on their website!

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Mark Jacobs The game engines that are licensed often have advanced world building tools, will CSE be developing these kinds of tools for CU as well? and are you looking at for example SpeedTree to speed up your world building once it starts?

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
mark said in ks comments that he is holding a number of the reserved houses/inns/islands aside for paypal payers after the ks funds to give them a fair chance of having pledgy goodness as he feels he owes the eu players because of the whole goa bork up.

and i was just wondering if any1 planned to form a buying consortium?

Freddys House - the inn any1?

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
he also said that the unlimitd tier pledges would be vailable to paypal payrs after 16:56 may 2 if the goal is reached with identical offers and pledge requirements for the sake of fairness. i also assume that they left over amounts of the limited tiers and early adopters would also be available, but he hasn't mentioned holding back spares of those.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Mark Jacobs , ignore this question if you feel it's not fair to ask, but we often ask this in dev work so thought i'd throw it to you too;

What are the problems with CU? What do you know will be lacking? In a nutshell; what are the known problems that -will- happen with this game?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ah, 1k?

I am being convinced by press releases and what Mark has said on here but not that convinced :p

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
the relevant link is : http://camelotunchained.wikispaces.com/Chasing+Mark+-+Daily+Q&A

Friday, April 12th

Today was a big day with the announcement of the Stretch Goals including the information about The Depths. It has been a busy week for the entire CSE team and not as many questions were answered today but I will cover items that were addressed.
Kickstarter Q&A

Options for EU players

Q: There has been some concern by those in EU regarding those that can't use Amazon to pay and thus be able to participate in the kickstarter. One of our UK players asked: What kind of rewards will be offered to EU players once KS[Kickstarter] funds?
MJ: Same rewards as here on KS[Kickstarter]. I didn't put up all the islands, inns that I originally had planned on because I wanted to save some for the European players. I have to be and I want to be fair.

EDIT: I got rid of that horrible mark-up for you :) ~TdC

Last edited by a moderator:

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks! It is a pretty interesting way to go. We'll try it right from the beginning and if it doesn't work out we can ditch it and do a more standard UI. I think it will work out just fine based on conversations I've had with Andrew about it.

I hope that we can see an option to create restricted (as in access to game APIs) in-game UI mods that will be allowed to access servers other than the game server (have access to XHR). IE, with the same restrictions an external website will have accessing the game APIs.

Doing so will really open up what can be done with the in-game UI, whilst still protecting the game from abuse, which was Andrews concern in his blog.

Not doing so isn't really "making a game out of the web" its making a game that "uses web technologies for its UI"

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
as far as i understand it, thats exactly the plan.

Things that let yu stream your magical eye cams to a website widget of your choice, allow in-game chat channel comms to be visible and accessible by website and android app, user written ofc. all this is part of the design as i understand it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom