Camelot Unchained

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
gents. let's try and keep it civil eh. I know feelings run strongly about this game, but sheesh!

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
ok, i think people are a little confused about the whole pve thing.

There will be some elements of pve -

npc to wade through to get to certain objectives, including hulking boss like npc's.
Cosplay monsters in the depths.

Realm and structure defense guards.

Cattle and other live stock that interact in various ways to provide materials for crafting, and i deliberately say interact and not farmable through repetitive kills.

What there won't be is a pve-levelling track in the game.

There will be reasons to fight npcs - to hold onto resources or gain a foothold on an exchanging ownership of an rvr objective - but you will never recieve any xp gain or any form of character progression from these mechanical fights.

There will be no need to repetitively pull baches of 8 mobs for hours on end to get your hands on coin, item drops or materials - it simply won't work this way.

it is clearly stated that there will be no item drops from npcs. you will never see hammer of the zerg killer dropping from a fire ant with no sodding limbs to use it.

this will enhance the player made economy and remove grinding pve as a concept.

pve yes. pve levelling and grinding, no

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
gents. let's try and keep it civil eh. I know feelings run strongly about this game, but sheesh!
yeah, Aada, let Raven air his opinions, and let Mark Jacobs correct him, which he did oh so well....

If you're so pro-CU then you should be asking questions not using this as a time to lay into forum members, otherwise you're just gonna look like a A* troll.

Everz

FH is my second home
Playing daoc was the worst thing I've ever done. It's why I have a 2:1 in comp sci instead of a 1st in Physics. Please don't make a better version.

Good bait. Well played sir.

Himse

FH is my second home
I'm still not hopeful, i'll probably back some money for pure nostalgia reasons. I just get the feeling it won't be very good.

GW2 was talked about, hyped, everyone got super excited because it was gonna be 'DAoC2' then it turned out to be a total bag of shit.

I'll reserve full judgement till I actually see some of the game, granted I know this wont be for a while, and at the moment it's in very early stages.

Aada

Part of the furniture
yeah, Aada, let Raven air his opinions, and let Mark Jacobs correct him, which he did oh so well....

If you're so pro-CU then you should be asking questions not using this as a time to lay into forum members, otherwise you're just gonna look like a A* troll.

there is a huge difference between airing an opinion and constantly slagging off the project and MJ and listing his mistakes and the type of person he is over and over and over.

Everz

FH is my second home
As for backing, I won't simply because MMOs aren't my thing these days. I haven't been able to get into one in years and usually give up on them a few hours into the game, DAoC being the only exception to this clutch. Would be good to see the genre return to the 'glory days' of UO/DAoC/AC/EQ however.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I dont know if this has already been asked but:

Will CU be run by CSE worldwide or will Europe be dumped on some french company again? it seems to me at least that despite the best efforts with Warhammer, the same mistakes were made again and again - would be nice if there was some "pledge" not to do so again even if the main markets are US & Asia (i'm sure the Asian based players also would prefer not to be stuck on a secondary server group)

Gwadien

there is a huge difference between airing an opinion and constantly slagging off the project and MJ and listing his mistakes and the type of person he is over and over and over.
But he's stopped now, so why are you continuing?

eksdee

FH is my second home

Will CU be run by CSE worldwide or will Europe be dumped on some french company again? it seems to me at least that despite the best efforts with Warhammer, the same mistakes were made again and again - would be nice if there was some "pledge" not to do so again even if the main markets are US & Asia (i'm sure the Asian based players also would prefer not to be stuck on a secondary server group)

Very good question, +1 for seeing this answered. I still wake up in cold sweats screaming GoA NOOOOOOOOO

Nate

FH is my second home
The kickstarter needs to get some news in to the other mmo communities, TO THE GENERAL CHAT! in other mmo's.

Gwadien

I might be talking utter tosh (as per usual) but I thought there were plans to just have 1 server, due to predicted populations?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Very good question, +1 for seeing this answered. I still wake up in cold sweats screaming GoA NOOOOOOOOO

The problem is latency though. Even though it's perfectly playable, you still notice a delay. For example in DAoC: running the opposite direction, press /face and cast will return "target not in view". Which I never (or hardly) hade on the European servers (but do have on Uthgard). Leave alone that running on 1 (big) server has its downsides aswell.

But his point is valid.

But I doubt this is something they have on their minds atm.

eksdee

FH is my second home
From what I understood their plan for servers was each realm had their own server, and then I presume when you go to the PvP zone that has its own server? Or they're clustered. I don't know tbh, it's all technical mysteries to me. :p

Everz

FH is my second home
GoA would be a nightmare. The only good thing that ever happened was when the GM acc got hacked and we had Legion sitting on AMG.

Oh and the event weapons with a ridiculous slash debuff on them :D

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I could go through this entire thread and pull the shit out you have been saying about MJ and CU on every page, you know what? i can't be arsed because everyone has already seen it and thought what a knob jockey.

Said what i thought i'll say no more clearly there are others in this thread who feel the same.
And so what?

Really, honestly, when I read this thread originally, I will say I was thinking that Raven was being something not appropriate for me to say here.

But I got tons more respect for Raven now than almost anybody else on here, cause he has changed his mind (a bit, not as far as to backing it yet) and been honest about it, and I felt he admitted he was overly critical at first, and when MJ did turn up here in the thread, he was polite towards him; He might have trashed him earlier in the thread, but he is not as rude as to trash someone to their face.

It takes balls to change your mind on a public forum, specially cause some people throw a fit at you if you do change your mind, calling you a hypocrite.

Anyway, kudos to Raven for changing his mind, and as someone who already backed Camelot Unchained, I hope the updates and information coming soon will change your mind enough to actually back the project, Raven, not so much cause I want you to support it no matter what, but because I too hope those updates will bring good and exciting news to get myself even more hooked on the games concept.

Last edited:

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
GoA would be a nightmare. The only good thing that ever happened was when the GM acc got hacked and we had Legion sitting on AMG.

Oh and the event weapons with a ridiculous slash debuff on them :D

In case it has not been said in this thread already:

NO GOA!

In the comment section on the Kickstarter, MJ has states there is ABSOLUTE ZERO CHANCE of GOA getting their hands on this.

Mainly because the technological advances since the launch of DAoC means that it is now viable to host a game for both EU and US together, so we will be playing with the Americans, whatever we think that is a bad thing or not, at least that means no GOA.

EDIT: Also, keep in mind this title is scheduled for a late (Q3 or Q4) release 2015, so I think the concept is actually solid; By that time, seeing the improvements the last few years, latency shouldn't be such a huge issue even if we have to connect to the US

Last edited:

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
But I got tons more respect for Raven now than almost anybody else on here, cause he has changed his mind (a big, not as far as to backing it.

And not just that. Raven showed us the way how to summon Marc Jacobs! Which is to be critical and ask fair questions. Even though a bit blunt, but what else is new here.

eksdee

FH is my second home
In the comment section on the Kickstarter, MJ has states there is ABSOLUTE ZERO CHANCE of GOA getting their hands on this.

hallelujah.jpg

Leena

Fledgling Freddie
I hope you don't mind if I intrude. I have been watching the exchange between Mark and yourselves. A few of us fans have created an unofficial FAQ: http://camelotunchained.wikispaces.com/Unofficial+Camelot+Unchained+FAQ
I've added many of the questions you asked here (paraphrased questions) and Mark's answer to our daily update:
http://camelotunchained.wikispaces.com/Chasing+Mark+-+Daily+Q&A

If posting the link is not ok, then I apologize. I love the green theme here (yes I'm aware you can change it).

The fan community has been overly positive and I think we are all excited to see what happens with this game.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, seems I misremembered a bit; Decided to find Mark Jacobs actual words, doesn't say one server for EU/US, but thats how I interpret it; but it does say no GOA; Don't know where I got the technological advancements thing from, maybe another comment by MJ or just my own imagination
Szymon Polom on kickstarter said:
Best of luck with the project. I hope it becomes reality and will surpass the expectactions!
I pledged $5 for now. Could you please try to answer the below questions, so I can pledge more and gather more backers?
a) What game engine will be used (Gamebryo again)?
b) Are there any plans for a Mac, Linux version?
c) Do you plan to work with GOA?
d) As we're all getting older, become parents and so on, how do you plan on not creating a gear/"realm rank" gap in PvP, so that causal gamers can enjoy the game in full?
Thank you!
Mark Jacobs on kickstarter said:
@Szymon Polom - a) Right now we are developing our own; b) Right now, we are not planning on a Mac/Linux version. I would love to have them but I'm not going to promise anything now; c) Not a chance, zero, zilch. This time we will have one community of CU players for US/Europe and potential other regions as well; d) with no PvE loot drops, crafter-based economy, etc. and slower level progression, I think CU will be more about the fun of the journey than simply completing it and just having a nice tee-shirt, :)
*Bold added by me for clarity

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's another plus point for it :)

Though seriously, I doubt GOA will get anything in future...do they even exist any more?

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
Mark has directly said that every server and implementation will remain directly under their control. No franchises, no filters - drect and open communication

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
In case it has not been said in this thread already:

NO GOA!

Mainly because the technological advances since the launch of DAoC means that it is now viable to host a game for both EU and US together, so we will be playing with the Americans, whatever we think that is a bad thing or not, at least that means no GOA.

EDIT: Also, keep in mind this title is scheduled for a late (Q3 or Q4) release 2015, so I think the concept is actually solid; By that time, seeing the improvements the last few years, latency shouldn't be such a huge issue even if we have to connect to the US

still going to roll USA servers (assuming there is a region selection)

Trollface+dance.gif

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I played on the US servers for maybe a year all in, I never really found the lag to be that bad. No more than on the EU servers. I don't think it's much of an issue these days.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I played on the US servers for maybe a year all in, I never really found the lag to be that bad. No more than on the EU servers. I don't think it's much of an issue these days.

Nah, aslong as the servers are on or relatively close to the east coast we get 70-150 ping from the UK/most of europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom