Camelot Unchained

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
LOL. Sorry. Truly though, it will be an interesting update.

I'm almost through all of today's emails. Yes! Maybe I can head home before 11PM! :)

Mark, i think people that did not pledge yet would like to see some RvR maps, Skill trees and Magic effects, is there any update coming like that ?

Everz

FH is my second home
Does this all mean I'll be printed off maps for each area and learning the locs for dungeons?

I can pretty much recall every area of classic DAoC by loc and memory because the hours I'd spent using maps.

Mark Jacobs

The real MJ
Mark, i think people that did not pledge yet would like to see some RvR maps, Skill trees and Magic effects, is there any update coming like that ?
Most of that will be talked about before the KS ends. First we have a major update to get out for this week and then, well, RvR gets some loving. :)

Mark Jacobs

The real MJ
Does this all mean I'll be printed off maps for each area and learning the locs for dungeons?

I can pretty much recall every area of classic DAoC by loc and memory because the hours I'd spent using maps.
Nice. We certainly won't have a GPS system in CU. Doesn't fit the game.

Night all, I'm heading home for dinner.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Playing daoc was the worst thing I've ever done. It's why I have a 2:1 in comp sci instead of a 1st in Physics. Please don't make a better version.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
LOL I am not a CSE Employee or MJ. LOL I really am just a old school daoc player that has been watching the backer forums very closely. :)

You have a duck in your avatar, clearly MJ ;)

Check above for questions, raven asked some good ones too.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
OK, so backed the game. During the process it took me to Amazon and confirmed a process against a card I use a lot on that site but got an error message (cannot process). It then takes me back to the kickstarter and sates that I am confirmed as a backer, is this normal?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You have a duck in your avatar, clearly MJ ;)

Check above for questions, raven asked some good ones too.

I was happy with the answers I got!

Thinking I am going to put in too, I think it would be a shame for it to not at least make the Kickstarter amount, now we know a bit more about it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I was happy with the answers I got!

Thinking I am going to put in too, I think it would be a shame for it to not at least make the Kickstarter amount, now we know a bit more about it.

Changed your fucking tune quickly didn't you?

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Playing daoc was the worst thing I've ever done. It's why I have a 2:1 in comp sci instead of a 1st in Physics. Please don't make a better version.

I can so relate to that.

I was introduced to it by a new class mate at the start of first yet in commercial college, and those 3 years spent at commercial college and playing DAoC...well, they wasn't excatly healthy years.

By the end of 3 years, I checked my main with /played and noticed I had been online for a bit over 1 year combined time with just that 1 character.

Pretty crazy to realize that I had, in average, been playing DAoC for at least 8 hours each day for 3 years straight while still maintaining school enough to pass (and get above average grades).
(And while I was online with other characters too, I think 8 hours pr. day in average was pretty close, as I had also let IRL friends play my main (a spiritmaster) to powerlevel new characters at times where I didn't need to be online, and think it pretty much equalled out with the playtime on other characters)

I was pure A's prior to DAoC tho.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Having read through Mark Jacobs posts I have to say I am very impressed and some of my fears have been somewhat put to rest. Seeing him write that there will be no mirror classes and stating it's something he's learned doesn't work shows that, despite the skepticism of others lessons have been learned from the failures of Warhammer. Also glad to see a positive response to mechanics similar to DAoC's casting and interrupt system - something sadly lacking from every other MMO ever made.

I was always 75-25 in favour of putting something into the KS eventually, these posts have encouraged me to do it today.

Aada

Part of the furniture
No, not really.

Unlike dribbling fanboys like you I am capable of changing my mind when presented with information.
LOL, You done nothing but slag the game and MJ off since the kickstarter went up.

What a joke, you will pull your funding at the first sign of something which isn't catered to you.

Your an absolute Grade A Bellend.

Last edited:

eksdee

FH is my second home
Jesus christ, it's not a pissing contest to see who can be the 'best CU backer'. Skepticism should be welcomed, but the ability to observe and change your mind objectively based on facts/information should even more so be celebrated.

I could swear I've read somewhere before you're like 30+ Aada, and yet by the way you post/act I could swear you're a teenager.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm probably the biggest skeptic around, but that's really due to being a designer and looking at everything really critically. Especially work of other designers :p

I don't want it to fail though, the concept behind it is interesting, even if as said i'm skeptic about it working.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Jesus christ, it's not a pissing contest to see who can be the 'best CU backer'. Skepticism should be welcomed, but the ability to observe and change your mind objectively based on facts/information should even more so be celebrated.

I could swear I've read somewhere before you're like 30+ Aada, and yet by the way you post/act I could swear you're a teenager.

Aren't you the teenager who came in when i mentioned something about Fifa and throwing a hissy fit at me?

Pot Kettle Black.

Skepticism is fine, but slagging the game and MJ off almost on a daily basis is just fucking annoying.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Oh the irony. :)

Anyway, to put this thread back on the positive slant it deserves - I just backed for $110. Really hope that during the Alpha we're able to have open and constructive discussions about the game that will shape it for the better for everyone. I have had such a mixed bag of experiences with Alphas, from the joke that was GW2 where the devs promised such an open/honest relationship but essentially turned out to be arrogant, condescending assholes only interested in building the game to make as much money as possible, to one like Rift where the devs were anonymous the whole time but actually took on players' criticism and changed things based on our feedback (though the game still ended up sucking :p).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Actually, I haven't pledged yet...if you read what I said. I will base it on what I hear about the heavy tank classes.

I am happy with what Mark has said over the last couple of days and he has taken me from sceptical to hopeful (but not quite there yet!)

It's what we normal people call being convinced, I suggest you go back to your trash talking with kids on Xbox Live, you seem to have the aptitude for it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Actually, I haven't pledged yet...if you read what I said. I will base it on what I hear about the heavy tank classes.

I am happy with what Mark has said over the last couple of days and he has taken me from sceptical to hopeful (but not quite there yet!)

It's what we normal people call being convinced, I suggest you go back to your trash talking with kids on Xbox Live, you seem to have the aptitude for it.

I could go through this entire thread and pull the shit out you have been saying about MJ and CU on every page, you know what? i can't be arsed because everyone has already seen it and thought what a knob jockey.

Said what i thought i'll say no more clearly there are others in this thread who feel the same.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Oh the irony. :)

Anyway, to put this thread back on the positive slant it deserves - I just backed for $110. Really hope that during the Alpha we're able to have open and constructive discussions about the game that will shape it for the better for everyone. I have had such a mixed bag of experiences with Alphas, from the joke that was GW2 where the devs promised such an open/honest relationship but essentially turned out to be arrogant, condescending assholes only interested in building the game to make as much money as possible, to one like Rift where the devs were anonymous the whole time but actually took on players' criticism and changed things based on our feedback (though the game still ended up sucking :p).

Yes because Rift devs gave into every demand from the players which is nothing but bad.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Without PvE how will CSE try to fit all the lore that this scenery has in the game. Because I think (personal opinion, other players may have experienced different!) that part of the succes of Dark Age of Camelot was the lore, it was what made that game, and RvR was 'just' a tool where people could express there feelings about the lore (well atleast in the beginning of the game). In what way will CSE try to get access to the more deeper feelings / underlaying thoughts of the players, not just what players say but really how they think and feel about the game(<insert iceberg here xD>) without PvE.

Don't get me wrong, my first reaction to PvE would be *blegh please don't, RvR all the way!*, but PvE is more then just beating monsters. It's where people socialize, it is where they experience things and are able to discuss it or even try things out. It is what made players give personall value to certain objects such as keeps, territory etc) and you I'am pretty sure (i truely hope you can convince me different btw!), even without having statistics to back me up, that a major percentage of players (even the PvP lovers) need factors that PvE offers to make RvR as great as it is.

Q: Currently CSE is doing a lot of (customer service, is this something you intent to keep up when the game has launched?

Q: Is human centered design one of the principles you are using? I am really interested in what methods/tools you use to get data from your customers/players <except from forum and beta testing ofc>.

Q: How does CSE try to get all the 'force fields' from PvE into PvP / RvR. (sorry don't know proper English word for krachtvelden)

ps. sorry for all the ( chat ) :D

bainteor

Banned
Can we please not turn this into a flame war? It would be a shame if Mark would be put off returning to this thread. Everyone knows that I have had problems with Raven in the past but I still believe that he has the right to be sceptical (although I do agree the aggression with which he was presenting his opinions was slightly unnecessary, especially the insults). If I had some of his concerns, and the leader behind the game had a short discussion with me about it, then I would certainly be appeased. There is no shame in changing your opinion.

Mark, I was wondering, if there is going to be no PvE, will there be areas designated for low level or low rank players that make the process of improving your character slightly easier? Much like the Battlegrounds in DAoC (e.g. Thidranki). Or is that something you are against? As the impression I get is that you don't want to make CU hold your hand throughout the game as most MMO's do these days (including DAoC).

Edit: just saw the post above me. I agree. The lore was fantastic in DAoC (because there is so much literature out there).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom