Camelot Unchained

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
on a side note, the imminent "warlock revamp" is apparently fucking retarded, latest info is a total redesign turning them into Heretic-a-likes

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well they are a class for dickeads and have been since they were released.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
on a side note, the imminent "warlock revamp" is apparently fucking retarded, latest info is a total redesign turning them into Heretic-a-likes

they have quite abit of utility in the revamp actually :p just no more chamber/primer mashing dribbling retards, they'll actually require skill to play.

Mr Kevin Stares-Darbon

Regular Freddie
I like the article. Informative and positive but I fear, even I think its a bit unbalanced. Lots of positives in it tho, and true.
Tbh, I won't be commenting as I've done my bit as far as I'm concerned and don't want to be seen as a mindless fan-boy but I would recommend giving it a look, and a look at the faq if you are intrigued by whats going on here.

Also, have you seen the latest update on the gamers charter and point 7 of it: Releasing server source code if they decide to shut down official servers!!
That's a massive boon - massive

The thing i'm really hoping for is a big evolution in the smackhammer demo so that we can have a tri-realm mini game available to us, demonstrating the fun to be had and their professional abilities to code something working instead of just principles.

Don't get me wrong, the principles and foundations are good but I want something to show to the "No solid content" crowd that is playable and fun and informative of whats to come and shows of their technical skills

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That interview just looks like more hype to me. :/

I want someone to ask him QUESTIONS, not just stroke his e-peen...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He doesn't do that. He likes the sound of his own voice and awful lot and thinks that whatever he comes up with is the best idea ever. Regardless of whether it is a terrible idea or not.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How do you plan to get a large enough playerbase to populate the world if you count out the pve crowd?
How do you plan for the game to stay online(and officially supported) if the previous does not happen? (read: with a small dedicated playerbase)
Are you absolutely sure the game won't turn to microtransaction-free-to-play if the previous two fail?
What is the endgame for crafters?
Will the gear be sold for pvp tokens?
If not, what is the role of gold in the game?
Isn't skinning and such for materials just the kind of grind you were trying to eliminate with no pve?

To name a few ;)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
How do you plan to get a large enough playerbase to populate the world if you count out the pve crowd?
How do you plan for the game to stay online(and officially supported) if the previous does not happen? (read: with a small dedicated playerbase)
Are you absolutely sure the game won't turn to microtransaction-free-to-play if the previous two fail?
What is the endgame for crafters?
Will the gear be sold for pvp tokens?
If not, what is the role of gold in the game?
Isn't skinning and such for materials just the kind of grind you were trying to eliminate with no pve?

To name a few ;)

Whats is PvE exactly in a mmo, and why are players atracted to this and how can CSE get these properties/features into a PvP based game.

He doesn't count out the pve crowd, on the opposite in fact he is challenging them.... maybe at first only to talk / flame about it but he wants them to try it..

I dont think the question is if the starting playerbase will be high enough.. I wonder if the gaming scene hasn't changed that much that new games (even mmo's) won't last a longer period (multiple years?).

the last questions i dont know, time will tell... i think they dont know the answer yet.. it depends how the development of the environment of the game.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, those were meant more as examples of more hard hitting questions that would be good to hear answers to.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well from the sounds of it (and its still very early to tell) the grind will come from farming materials for hours on end. It would be daft to have them magically appear in a crafter's bag so there has to be one grind or another, if they are all available from merchants then there is little point in holding the PvP dungeon. Where would leather come from for example? I could understand a basic material system like DAOC but with certain special ingredients coming from the dungeon but even so, it's still grinding.

As for basic questions...

What about currency? Do players drop coin? Where does the coin come from?
What do new players wear?
Is boring zerg surfing the only way to get enough gold at the start for some semi decent equipment? Mage and ranged classes would be at a massive advantage if that is the case.

Lots of questions that need answering. Just saying "oh yeah guys, no pve, everything crafted...ITS GOING TO OWN LOLOL" isn't enough.

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
Hey guys I am a backer of Unchained and have been since the very beginning I have talked with MJ a lot is there any questions that you would like to ask me or give to me so I can give them to MJ?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hey guys I am a backer of Unchained and have been since the very beginning I have talked with MJ a lot is there any questions that you would like to ask me or give to me so I can give them to MJ?

Tell him not to let us down or we'll send a bald lurikeen in a hitman suit to take him out.

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
We are in need of backers, I do not want to see this MMO die before it begins. There are some major updates coming this week.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
We are in need of backers, I do not want to see this MMO die before it begins. There are some major updates coming this week.

If Mark wants more backers he really needs to start posting/appealing to the current DAOC community, he should do so over at www.postcount.net - thats where the majority of DAOC player congregate. Also a good idea would be other gaming forums, upto him to find those tho.

Would also like it to succeed, I think the majority of this thread has already backed it :)

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
If Mark wants more backers he really needs to start posting/appealing to the current DAOC community, he should do so over at www.postcount.net - thats where the majority of DAOC player congregate. Also a good idea would be other gaming forums, upto him to find those tho.

Would also like it to succeed, I think the majority of this thread has already backed it :)

Okay got the link and I will email it to him right now. :) I am glad that the majority of you guys are in. <3 I am so sick of what the industry has passed off as MMO's. It will be nice to have a game that makes you think.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Okay got the link and I will email it to him right now. :) I am glad that the majority of you guys are in. <3 I am so sick of what the industry has passed off as MMO's. It will be nice to have a game that makes you think.

who are you ? :eek:

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
lol straight to the point!

Suspicious?
LOL I am not a CSE Employee or MJ. LOL I really am just a old school daoc player that has been watching the backer forums very closely. :)

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture

Did i miss some patch note? Or where did you get this from ?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Did i miss some patch note? Or where did you get this from ?

Seen the changes myself :p its from someone on the internal testing but it is legit, its a complete revamp.

- Chamber loads will be PRE determined by spec, you cannot choose what spells get loaded into them.

- All spec nukes will be affected by dex/cast speed

- Primers take time to fire, they are no longer instant

Alot of spell changing aswell, mainly swapping/replacing stuff in all 3 lines.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
He doesn't count out the pve crowd, on the opposite in fact he is challenging them.... maybe at first only to talk / flame about it but he wants them to try it..

He's assuming that they haven't already tried pvp'ing in other MMO's.

He's acting like the straight guy proclaiming that "i can make a lesbian girl straight if she just lets me fuck her"......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom