BW admins pls read

• Thread starter old.ProstatePoker
  • Start date
O

old.ProstatePoker

Think its about time the cheating was to stop.

top CS players are being found out with, think a data base of Won ids needs to be made, and brought together from UK server not just including BW,

with a large database of won IDs with everyone that has been caught who ever they are, newbies or top cs players, all servers can help to keep these cheater off the public playing server.

it can be done becuase Zkillz spread fast though servers and PB

so why cant this sort of system be made, i ask BW to look into this,

for furter info on my idea mail me johnlloydphillips@hotmail.com
i would like someone who can help with this from BW to e-mail me to show that BW is and does want the cheating issue taken care off. its alright having admins, but whats the piont if they are only banned from BW server lets share all server banns and drive them out.

E

Embattle

I mention such an idea some time a go but it's not easy for a number of reasons.

O

old.ProstatePoker

i know the complex reasons, but the network that CS servers are made can make it happen look at zskillz

if a server wants less cheater than they would normaly have they sign up to the data base help them selfs and also helping by providing WON ids

someone needs to do this and i dunno why BW cant be the one to do it.

E

Embattle

Most GSPs are now moving to a state of competition, thus getting different GSPs to agree what software should be used, rules, monitoring, etc.

BW current uses admin-mod, don't think BY do....although I'm not sure.

W

Will

Both use adminmod, though different plug-ins. The All-Seeing Eye reveals all.:D

O

old.ProstatePoker

make a seperate database with all Won ID's this is the way CS needs to go

E

Embattle

It would help but P2P will solve quiet a few problems regarding cheating.

S

Skyler

We discussed a unified database idea extensively the other day in #barrysworld. There are many, many possible problems. There is a good side however I'd rather have a BW unique database.

Say for example CorruptAdmin#1 on his GSP's server, bans InnocentPlayer#1 for what he says is 'cheating'. That GSP doesnt check wether he has proof of the cheating and lets it rise to a permanent ban. It gets added to database and InnocentPlayer#1 finds himself banned from all the other main GSP's. InnocentPlayer#1 cant complain because according to the 'reliable' GSP and CorruptAdmin#1, he is a 'proven' cheat.
InnocentPlayer#1 is now stuck, banned from my GSP's and with no reputation left really. Just because of one silly admin.

That story isnt pleasant and I wouldnt like to be InnocentPlayer#1, however that story happens even now, amongst certain GSP's. Rogue admins have their tight netted community, who backup their decisions. Admin bans based on a biased view, with no clear evidence other than being 'annoyed' by the player in question. Rogue admin will ban the player and slate his name, and the community surrounding the GSP and the Rogue Admin, back up the decision. Pretty soon that player has a lot of enemies. Over one poor decision.

Now I had almost first hand experience of this a few weeks ago. I wont mention names or whatever. But a story almost identical of that above happened to a clanmate.

At the end of legitimately trying to complain on their forum, and after an apology was promised, the admin to be kicked and banned, and his ban to be removed - should they be wrong. Nothing happened except the thread got deleted. They were wrong, yet no apology? no unbanning? no admin removed?

Pretty poor I must say, and that incident has happened several times before as well. Involving similar persons.

For that reason among others I wouldnt like to have a database linked with that particular GSP, or any other. Until there is a central platform on which these things are ruled, by near independent uncorrupt people. That of course wont happen given the GSP's competition with each other, so a unified database, while possible is extremely unlikely.

Now its past 6am I gotta get up at 10, better be going nn :)

O

old.ProstatePoker

yes and that brings me on to the other post, on peoples mis judged banning :)

GISP customer support and service discussion

tbh its all swings and roundabouts, i think it should all be done automatically, with admin mods and up dated cheat programs,

and if you have a server with FFon they team kill twice within a number of seconds they get banned for about 4 days, means if they are nobs again they are banned for another 4 days, still keeps them off the servers.

i dont see the piont of massive numbers of admins, yes i agree with 1 per server, and that person needs to be a person who spends alot of time in there to know the regs etc

see where i am coming from? with a computer theres no bann unjustifed

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Originally posted by Skyler

Rogue admins have their tight netted community, who backup their decisions. Admin bans based on a biased view, with no clear evidence other than being 'annoyed' by the player in question. Rogue admin will ban the player and slate his name, and the community surrounding the GSP and the Rogue Admin, back up the decision. Pretty soon that player has a lot of enemies. Over one poor decision.

Everytime i say this sort of crap goes on, i allways get shot down.

Btw.

I allways thought that this pay to play thing might bring down the numbers of the stupid lamers that are doing there best to destroy the online fps scene.

I no longer do:(

Fact is it won't be expensive enough, and the sort of people who do it now, are in it to win it.

It's not just a feck around thing anymore when just idiots put cheats in to piss around on publics and get a quick trip.

There's now the hardcore cheater who uses these cheats to gain advantages at higher levels of play.

Back in the day when we played top end league, this shit didnt take place, thank god.

Im just glad that i no longer feel the need or want to play for top end clans again.

It's the most sad situation iv'e ever seen the fps scene in. I realy feel for my old m8's that now play at the top end of the cs ladder, and are being cheated like they are today.

S

Skyler

There have always been cheaters that hide their cheating, in order to make themselves seem better than they are. They have always been around since cheats first came out.

Its a sad affair but they do get caught, and when they get caught now, they get let off by their clan and friends etc...

If they were caught under p2p, byebye to them.

D

Deady

with a computer theres no bann unjustifed

Um, dont really agree with that.

With your situation of wanting a player banned for 4 days after 2 TKs, what happens if a malicious player purposely runs into an innocent players grenade twice in order to get them banned?

S

]SK[

Originally posted by Misterdead
With your situation of wanting a player banned for 4 days after 2 TKs, what happens if a malicious player purposely runs into an innocent players grenade twice in order to get them banned?

I can honestly say ive never ran and sat on my own teams gren or on a mirror damage server sit infront of a sniper annoying him till he tries to head shoot me.

/me runs

I

isuck

i can honestly say i have never deliberately done that either, except when a friend was playing and i kept headbutting his bullets... seemed funny at the time except it was before tk punish so i ended up missing most of the rounds

btw, im not just adding any old crap to any old thread cause im bored, although if you looked carefully youd see that i am

O

old.Smeg

This is something that may happen (this is not a quote from me - but from another BWCSL admin)
Actually I spoke to Renton about his bot some months ago for use on the
Barrysworld publics, and tested it for most of December. I collected about
11,000 unique WONids. Currently Natrat has the bot code and is looking at it
with a view to using it somewhere publically available for BW admins.
Assuming he sets it up, it should be pretty easy to use it for the league,
or even have a league-specific one.

This gives a collective WonID list to prevent people who use different nicknames playing for more than 1 clan (mercs)
I Imagine a bot database could also gather a banned ID list if it was used and shared with Jolt,BY,UKgamer etc - like a real blacklist of offenders.

T

Tom

This gives a collective WonID list to prevent people who use different nicknames playing for more than 1 clan (mercs)
I Imagine a bot database could also gather a banned ID list if it was used and shared with Jolt,BY,UKgamer etc - like a real blacklist of offenders.

Is this legal? It might contravene the data protection act.

Tom

O

old.Smeg

Not if the league rules are you can only play for one clan
You enter the league you play by the rules.

WonIDs are being used to ban people permanently and they are being kept on a database - this is no different, it just tracks all the different player names used by a particular wonID, so if they play for one clan in a league - thats the only clan they can play for (if the rules of the league are such)

BW disk scan gives you a warning as you connect - by connecting you agree to the terms - if not f00k 0ff your choice.

O

old.Smeg

Tom - I also think that a free service can do more or less what it wants with its client base as there is no service contract.
When u sign up for BW membership I would guess the terms are pretty much 'you piss us or other users off - we kick you !'

O

old.Rogue1

I've had to deal with the data-protection act before, while registrar of a society, and I can tell you that it only applies if people's real names are involved. It doesn't come into play when you're just collecting a database of WONIDs and nicks.

O

old.Smeg

Lo Rogue1 m8 - are PP gonna join www.enemydown ladder - its quite good - more our style and there are some fekkin good clans in there.......(and some not so good ones - but we are happy !)

Your choice

[SMEG]Smeg :)

O

old.Rogue1

Well... I've put the question to PP, but I'm still waiting for a reply out of the useless gits. It looks OK to me and I guess we could use more games per week, but I'm not 100% happy about the idea of maybe having to play non-CO games.

At any rate, I might get some feedback from everybody else soon, so I'll give you a more definite reply then :)

O

old.Rogue1

Right... just signed PP up and am poking people into registering with it now.

So when's a good time for us to knock you down the ladder a bit? :)

O

old.Smeg

You can challenge us anytime M8 - go for early february either Weds, Thurs, Fri 9pm start.

We are getting around 3 -4 games a week in ED ladder - very good for training up your people.

I want you guys to play Titans - watch and learn ! Rapage ahoy...

O

old.Smeg

I have already added a 'comment' about your bunch on ED !

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Good luck to ya both :)

Who knows... SMEG as the cpl champions next year...

SMEG 40 N!P -10

O

old.Smeg

heheh sh33py, if the CT team last night was not made up of very scared llamas I might have had some sheep pies for dinner:)

SMEG are slowly getting better at matches !
IE we are 'just' starting to use comms - before that it was ESP and watch your six !:eek:

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Hehehe. I would have had a much better score if Killy or Buffy hadn't decided to follow and rape all of my kills :(

Going through a bad patch at the moment in CS... I seem to be dying almost as often as Embattle! :)

Users who are viewing this thread