Buy Catacombs Online, Download + CD KEY

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
How many files did you end up downloading from DLgamers ??
I only got 1, it extracted and asked for a "part 2"... wtf !??!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

:D yay now hurry up dling:< i wanna make sexor elf.
now prepare for the zerg of bainshee,vamp,warlock,valkrye,heretics :D
just like old times i hope^^
will be good to see newbie chars roaming the open lands once again (hopefully this happens and not just p lvl + leech:<)

Carneus

Fledgling Freddie
Is it worth renaming my copied ToA folder to Catacombs?

After this how do I start up in ToA client instead of Catacombs, just go back to my original ToA folder?

This may sound a bit perfectionist/loserish but can anyone supply with the new Catacombs.exe icon or is that updated with the patch?

Lets have more smiles

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just brought it, activated it - now I'm updating my Update file :)

wh00t.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Carneus said:

After this how do I start up in ToA client instead of Catacombs, just go back to my original ToA folder?

This may sound a bit perfectionist/loserish but can anyone supply with the new Catacombs.exe icon or is that updated with the patch?

Lets have more smiles

Won't hurt
yes
icon will update.

skunksmoka

Fledgling Freddie
Carneus said:

Lets have more smiles
lmao at that vid

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
hahahha... Req posted something then removed it :p So much for the news being updated ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Overdriven said:
hahahha... Req posted something then removed it :p So much for the news being updated ;)

he locked the thread and linked to the daoc homepage where there is news....

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
its just a pity it does not except maestro/switch cards or paypal transfers :(

FraGGenstein

Fledgling Freddie
Narzeja said:
How many files did you end up downloading from DLgamers ??
I only got 1, it extracted and asked for a "part 2"... wtf !??!

Not sure about that one. I am still downloading though, and only see the 'part1' file so far, will be interesting to see if a 'part2' pops up?
Maybe some lucky git :D who has got it downloaded can shed some light over this?

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Not sure about that one. I am still downloading though, and only see the 'part1' file so far, will be interesting to see if a 'part2' pops up?
Maybe some lucky git who has got it downloaded can shed some light over this?
Yeah well, I got them to respawn the download so I'll try again and see if I get a part 2 this time.

Milky

Fledgling Freddie
so.. I did the 900 mb patch and activated cataboms via Quick Activation with CD key I bought, but when I launch daoc it says it still needs activation :/

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Very nice - and I have to say its a nice idea.

Just a bit of a pain its going to cost us an extra 5 uk pounds per copy. When you have 3 copies to get thats a lot of extra cash to pay.

Not GOA's fault

If you do get it this way for gods sake make sure you backup your download.

Well done GOA for helping in such a timely manner. Maybe they have learn't something from this and we will get our addon's this way from now on and as a result Mythic/GOA will make more money cutting out the crap distributers/retailers.

I will wait for mine to arrive from play as I have 3 copies ordered 15 pounds extra is a lot to find and I get a nice box ;)

I do think if it had not been for the fact that 3 people in this household play I would have downloaded.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
they dont take switch..back to waiting for another method :(

Corran

Part of the furniture
If my calculations are correct, to get the full patch downloaded (doing it via goa not US) then in about 97hrs i will be able to get a cd key , IF i can borrow a credit card as i refus to use anything but switch personally :s

Damn i need broadband, shame my contract ending at work now so dont want the costs of setting up :(

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
aye is a bit of a pitty but the sad thing is the UK distributers just shot themselves in the foot with refusing to distribute when goa ask. This has probbly meant that all those distributers are going to end up with catacombs sitting in a warehouse because they cant shift them. Because the player base has totally bypassed them.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
if u buy this way, do u get the box with the CD´s shiped to u later?

Jebelious

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah gratz goa :) hehe just 1 day behind not much lost tbh, Just ordered my copy and waiting on email now "hope it works quick"

Auser

Fledgling Freddie
Ok i went to DLgamer, got the CD-key but had problems with the Download. only downloaded part of what i need, BUT i've changed the 'update.dat' file as said above, and patching now.

for those that care, getting it at 140(ish) Kb/sec. 30mb done while writing this

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
FraGGenstein said:
Maybe some lucky git :D who has got it downloaded can shed some light over this?

I got an option to download both parts seperatly or together.

I would just like to say that I have been a big crittic of the way GOA has gone about this whole thing, from the start I knew that releasing on this weekend was going to be problematic. However, I would like to thank Requiel for tirelessly keeping us informed throughout all this. It's always hard being the messanger when everyone is ready to shoot him. Requiel's reputation has certainly gone up in my book. :clap:

popa

Fledgling Freddie
slap them cheched the page 2 days ago and none hope whill not be romoved like US version

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Auser said:
Ok i went to DLgamer, got the CD-key but had problems with the Download. only downloaded part of what i need, BUT i've changed the 'update.dat' file as said above, and patching now.

for those that care, getting it at 140(ish) Kb/sec. 30mb done while writing this

the dlgamer download will be hammered at the moment and the patch servers will be fairly free... that will change especially this evening (at which point you'll be better with the dlgamer site plus you'll not be crippling everyone trying to play ;))

Auser

Fledgling Freddie
hopefully i'll be fully downloaded/updated by tonight :) my 2mb connection is really helping and getting speeds of 170kb/sec now, 15% downloaded :)

Tilda

Flimgoblin said:
the dlgamer download will be hammered at the moment and the patch servers will be fairly free... that will change especially this evening (at which point you'll be better with the dlgamer site plus you'll not be crippling everyone trying to play ;))
Side note, flim are you leveling your 'tic yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom