Booked Barrysworld QW server...

O

old.Mort-Hog

I've just booked a QW server for Saturday 22:00, and I believe I want no mods. What I have, is some KTeams server.

1. What is KTeams?

And, when I try to change settings (maps, fraglimit and such) it tells me the RCON password is wrong. Will the passwords be changed to what I filled in on Saturday 22:00?
Please explain how this works.

O

old.The_Stranger

Not having played on QW for ages, some of this may be wrong, but I am sure Ceno or Lecter or some one else will come along and sort you out if it is wrong

Kteams is an enhancement for qw, that makes things like team games easier to do, you can "ready up" to start a game, and the password you selected is the kteams password, not the rcon password, to enter this you type
admin
it will then ask you to enter your password using impulses.
say your password was '123456' you would type in
impulse 1
impulse 2
impulse 3
impulse 4
impulse 5
impulse 6

then you would be able to change map and stuff using the kteams commands.

For a better run down of Kteams look at this url http://hosted.barrysworld.com/kteams/

------------------
The Stranger

H

HangTime

as the primary role of the bookable servers is to provide teamplay servers for clans to practice on, they run the kteams mod which is universally acclaimed teamplay mod. it isnt really a conversion in the way that say, counterstrike for halflife or catch-the-chicken for q2 is. mainly its a bunch of bug fixes and aliases allowing for advanced configuration settings to be changed by the clients.

tbh u can do pretty much everything u can do on a normal qwsv on a kteams server. if u wanna play an ffa game, set the teamplay setting to 0 by typing "tp". sometimes it will give a message like "illegal number of players/teams, aborting" when u try to start the game, in this case just get ppl to set their teams such that there is 2 groups of players.

while this may seem cumbersome if all u wanna do is play an ffa or duel, the advantages of the mod far outweigh this. a few settings which may come in handy:

dm - cycles deathmatch modes
tp - cycles teamplay modes
time5, time10 etc - sets timelimit to that
powerups - toggles powerups
to change the map, simply type the name, eg "dm3"

the password/admin code u have will not become active until your booking starts. when not booked the bookable servers revert to a public state so that anyone can use them, for pickup teamgames, duels etc.

for a more detailed explanation take a look at the html file included with kteams, available at the url posted above

Users who are viewing this thread