bonedancing teh movie

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
It's always been a maths game, ever heard of making a template? :(
Nah, i have others making them for me ;)

Maybe it's time we all stopped playing this game and just made calculations for who should've won instead. :(

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Edlina said:
Belomar, you don't have to post just for the sake of posting, if you have nothing new, or in any way relevant, to say, just don't?
Excuse me, but I was under the impression you yourself was just rehashing the same whine over and over? I'm saying that we are treading the same ground over and over again, and it's all trodden on before.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Excuse me, but I was under the impression you yourself was just rehashing the same whine over and over? I'm saying that we are treading the same ground over and over again, and it's all trodden on before.
You should start using words we lesser mortals can understand! :D

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
Eregion said:
Maybe it's time we all stopped playing this game and just made calculations for who should've won instead. :(

HHAHAHAHH good one
:worthy:

Niko

Fledgling Freddie
Good movie tbh :) I'm not a bonedancer-loving person, but you play it really well, shame some of the clueless kids can't see that.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:

You are excused, feel free to leave discussions that you're not a part of alone next time ><

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina do me a favor and tell me a story of a fight where all variables are equal, say exactly what it means and what happens. Until then, change the track and stop using a term that practically does not exist.

People survive with 1% hp, they critical hit so they kill in 3 nukes instead of 4, they critical heal so people survive instead of dying, interrupts land just when someone is about to die. There is no way to have a fight where EVERYTHING is equal, and thus you can hardly say mid would win if something that cant happen happened.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
so variables are equal now with opnessed included along plus *RR -template ^_alcohol zeroed above the third corner of agramon randomed with agro_yellow con mob?

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
so variables are equal now with opnessed included along plus *RR -template ^_alcohol zeroed above the third corner of agramon randomed with agro_yellow con mob?
Don't forget to calculate the wind aswell.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Eregion said:
Don't forget to calculate the wind aswell.

It's completely beyond me how someone with such an amount of bullshit posts can get 2 rep-bubbles!

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Sollers said:
It's completely beyond me how someone with such an amount of bullshit posts can get 2 rep-bubbles!
Woooot, finally dinged!
Give grats thread Bram <3?

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Eregion said:
Woooot, finally dinged!
Give grats thread Bram <3?

hmmm, has to be a gratsthread in disguise then cause I only recently came back from my forced FH holiday!

So.. here goes, congrats to my bestest friend Eregion for dinging 2 rep-bubbles :worthy:

the force is extremely strong in this one!

on topic: BDs are a tad on the silly side

Maril

Fledgling Freddie
Aim makes a nice point. This debate is off-track and people come with silly explanations that vastly deviates from the subject. Silly variables that don't mean anything and bland allegations that DAOC is a maths game, or however it was put.

The BD is like people's favourite subject and they enjoy putting it on a pedestal and then throw stupid remarks at it. Edlina is acting like some advocate defending the glory of hib, but once you actually play perfectly or in line with the expectations there is to a group like yours, arguing would be more appropriate.

BD is out of line and so is bainshee. It's stupid to not play an opted setup, so if using a BD is retarded so is not using a bainshee - be stupid or retarded. Then if you still can't comprehend fighting an opted mid group you joined the wrong realm.

BD gives mid an edge, but mid players has an edge in it's own - they picked the right realm :p

Hib has more individual classes where mid requires more coordination. For instance BM easymode styles and baseline stun on caster as well as a strong cold debuff. Easy buffing and nice split up of class functions not to mention bard having half the tasks of a pac healer.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Maril said:
Aim makes a nice point. This debate is off-track and people come with silly explanations that vastly deviates from the subject. Silly variables that don't mean anything and bland allegations that DAOC is a maths game, or however it was put.

The BD is like people's favourite subject and they enjoy putting it on a pedestal and then throw stupid remarks at it. Edlina is acting like some advocate defending the glory of hib, but once you actually play perfectly or in line with the expectations there is to a group like yours, arguing would be more appropriate.

BD is out of line and so is bainshee. It's stupid to not play an opted setup, so if using a BD is retarded so is not using a bainshee - be stupid or retarded. Then if you still can't comprehend fighting an opted mid group you joined the wrong realm.

BD gives mid an edge, but mid players has an edge in it's own - they picked the right realm :p

Hib has more individual classes where mid requires more coordination. For instance BM easymode styles and baseline stun on caster as well as a strong cold debuff. Easy buffing and nice split up of class functions not to mention bard having half the tasks of a pac healer.

I think this man deserves Eregion's 2nd rep-bubble...... mods please!

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
noaim said:
Edlina do me a favor and tell me a story of a fight where all variables are equal, say exactly what it means and what happens. Until then, change the track and stop using a term that practically does not exist.

People survive with 1% hp, they critical hit so they kill in 3 nukes instead of 4, they critical heal so people survive instead of dying, interrupts land just when someone is about to die. There is no way to have a fight where EVERYTHING is equal, and thus you can hardly say mid would win if something that cant happen happened.

That's completely besides the point, if you can't see the fact that in most of the fights some variables are gonna be in one sides favour, while others are gonna be in the other sides favour, the point that all variables have to be equal, are matched in a fight where an approximately equal amount of advantages are presented to either side, such as 1 grp has more ra's, but they have insta heals and mezzes down, or the other group gets the jump or has a better terrain position, the first grp gets some lucky crits, but the other grp have 2x jacinas up etc etc. if the variables approximately equal eachother out mids should still win due to having the better class setup. Even more so if both grps don't jump the fotm bandwagon :p

Maril make a point that makes sense please, saying that hib requires less co-ordination is the most stupid thing I've ever heard, you mention cold debuff as an example, but the class cold debuffing can't use it himself, how is that *not* using co-ordination? Saying that you're stupid if you don't jump on the fotm bandwagon just displays your attitude to the game *yay fotm ebay zerker, no svg, no bd, no warlock, no next expansion fotm* not the way the world actually is... Aim does not make a nice point simply because by playing mid you have a distinct advantage from the start (just like you have by having higher rr) but no one's willing to admit it ><

Saying something isn't so just cos you say it is, like quickly swiping away variables, and maths as silly just cos you feel like that, doesn't change the fact that what I said is still 100% true and correct. And there's nothing you can say to change that, except denying that mid is op'ed, something no one with a sence of the game could honestly do.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
But are all variables equal if you, lets say, get a good jump because you got better speed + sos? Or if you get ns on mainpac and the curer gets interrupted?

Or if those things happens, and you win the fight, then it was only, and I mean only, because of the better speed + sos, or because of the 65% ns, which only hibs gets?

If you think that there even is a way to determine who would win if all variables were equal I will not bother to try to make you change your mind, but it would be very interesting to see if you yourself could make a midgrp that won 100% "with all variables being equal".

Its nice to know though that if you win, it was because we had something down or you got a better start, if we win, it was because we played mid. One group just playing better than the other obviously has nothing to do with it.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
nice movie,[insta] looks like the bonedancer[insta] is a very balanced[insta] class indeed, gives[insta] high utility[insta] to the mid group[insta], should[insta] have run with bd instead[insta] back then Septina i think[insta] ;D

pwnjoo, looking[insta] at your sig makes it all clear,[insta] sosboi instaboi deluxe xD <3

ok on a more serious note here,
fucking hillarious watching at hibs + mids fighting over who's more OP
reminds me of the debate we had on #prydwen.rvr so much xD

you play toon nice, now go get tart out instead of mace+shield, ok ?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Maril said:
but mid players has an edge in it's own - they picked the right realm :p

ye we all know the best players roll mid :(

and if they didnt they just reroll there to gain the ninja training eh?

mid does still have the edge, anyone who argues with that is blind, retarded or just doesn't know the game... but its nowhere near as big as it was.

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Maril said:
from my own experience hib do require better teamplay, sumtin vp had to learn the hard way when we rerolled. not sure if thats what you meant tho. Theres gotto be more to it then what u wrote because those stuff are indeed true, except for the first line imo ;)

duact

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
ye fact is rvr is never gonna be completely balanced, its impossible. post nf rvr is actually alot more balanced than it was previously. So guess we gotta acccept how it is.

tbh some of the late pretoa patches were atleast as balanced and maby more

Maril

Fledgling Freddie
It's just easier with 2 buffing classes that can buff on res.. bard in offensive position doesn't have to heal as well.. bm has really nice styles to keep up with targets.. casters can do stun themselves when it's needed.. champ as offensive char with banelords and lots of instas where warrior has bg role and zerks have no stun / snare like bms.. maybe it's not a big deal, but just like mid has upsides so has hib in many aspects. this seems as hib vs mid and sure mid has a small advantage over hib when using a BD, but overall hib has many upsides overall and people who leave this out of consideration tend to exaggerate the effectiveness of the BD / Mid.

Instead of talking about variables you mist just talk about class setups. BD gives mid an edge, so hib has to play a tad better than the mid in order to win, however, there is no exact measurement of how much. Overall one player in the mid group playing slightly below the level of the others could be the reason for not winning and a good BD makes up for that, so basically this should be alright in a siginificant lower RR mid pug - if not you might as well start debating whether guild groups are OP or not!

As to no join the fotm-bandwaggon, why not. It's a nice class which is both enjoyable and challenging to play at its best, so only reason to leave it out is if you want a greater challenge. A BD in group only gives you a greater challenge too so it's only good?

People saying BD doesn't give mid an edge is pulling someone's leg, me included, and if you play mid this debate isn't as provoking as for a hib :p

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
duact said:
tbh some of the late pretoa patches were atleast as balanced and maby more

maybe contending with it, but summin nf has done is make alot more grp setups more viable. Instead of the same fotm grp setup uld see again and again from all 3 realms. Now most set grps out have diffrent classes in groups and can all have the capability of beating each other without being too gimped. Ofc there is a certain conbination of classes from each realm that is the best, but its alot harder to see what that is as other classes can compete for spots better now as compared to the 4svg 3 healer 1 shaman era.

overall though mid is slightly better:p but it is statitically impossible to get perfect balance when each realm has diffrent tools.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn wajn and wajn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom