Bonedancer Sugestion

Would it be fair if BD's lifetap did not interupt.

• Yes !

Votes: 168 57.5%
  • No !

Votes: 124 42.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
poky's bd was by far better then brite and pwnjoo :p must either mean 99% of the people playing bd's are mentally challenged or its indeed a pretty hard class to play. you pick :p

Everz

FH is my second home
theslayeruk said:
First of all, its a fossil guardian. Secondly, a bonedancer is very easy to either kill or inhibit in fg rvr. The interupts and banelord is overpowered, but the above quote has absolutely 0 resemblence on how easy it is to play.

Easy to kill.. ? lol

Everz

FH is my second home
From a caster PoV.. the interupts; lifetap, pets, banelords, twf

theslayeruk

Banned
Eversmallx said:

The idea is that the tanks in the group kill it and our guild play a full caster setup and bds are no problem even with 1 tank to inhibit the bd.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
matter debuff + tanks with matter legendary weapons, and if needed moc from the mages. gl outhealing that :D

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
matter debuff + tanks with matter legendary weapons, and if needed moc from the mages. gl outhealing that :D

Mostly works because majority of caster-templates have wank matter-resists. And if the BD knows the trick, he can interrupt the chanter. Also it doesnt help Albion who have matter-debuffs on body-sorc, not always in the group.

And 'MOC needed' on caster isnt that exactly WHY the bonedancer is overpowered? Because it requires an RA of the enemy to kill him ?

Everz

FH is my second home
Well yea.. ;)

anyways point proven im guessing from people PoV's it can be seen as Op'd and easy mode or a tough class to play.

theslayeruk

Banned
Puppet said:
Mostly works because majority of caster-templates have wank matter-resists. And if the BD knows the trick, he can interrupt the chanter. Also it doesnt help Albion who have matter-debuffs on body-sorc, not always in the group.

And 'MOC needed' on caster isnt that exactly WHY the bonedancer is overpowered? Because it requires an RA of the enemy to kill him ?

Matter debuff from chanter = 50% so template resists don't really matter and it doesnt require ra's to kill a bd. Quickcast matter debuff and 2 tanks will kill it regardless as to whether the chanter nukes.

Gamah

Banned
theslayeruk said:
I'll ask the same question as I did to eversmall... Have you ever played a bonedancer on a normal server in fg rvr?

Yes for 2 weeks. I wont be replying again, I have been in a few too many drawn out flame wars latley. Not really interested in being banned again.

theslayeruk

Banned
Gamah said:
Yes for 2 weeks. I wont be replying again, I have been in a few too many drawn out flame wars latley. Not really interested in being banned again.

It's not flame wars, it's just discussion. We have different opinions to each other which is fine, I just wondered if you had any experience as bd as you said all the characters you played weren't in your sig that's all:)

Gamah

Banned
theslayeruk said:
It's not flame wars, it's just discussion. We have different opinions to each other which is fine, I just wondered if you had any experience as bd as you said all the characters you played weren't in your sig that's all:)

Well Ok I will reply once more, :p I played a friends bd for 2 weeks in fg rvr pug stuff you know. I found it very easy to play..I could use Banelord and keep many members of the other group inturpted with ease..I took a shed load of dmg before dying etc, I find the class stupidly easy and tbh I got bored after a week, however each to there own..im sure many would get bored with Bainshee in that time too.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
The thing with the bd is that you can play it shit and you will still be very helpful to your group, i.e just stick a caster and take him out for the whole fight spamming all you got on him. Now that's not very hard is it?
But if you gonna use it to its full potential it gets alot more harder to PLAY it, perma switching targets, stay clear of tanks, banelords in right place etc etc..
I think this is what some people try to make clear, that it isn't an easy class to play good in a fg.
However there are ways around it, it's definately not like the bd is an unstoppable interupt machine. You can take it down quite easy with different methods mentioned earlier in the thread.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Eregion said:
The thing with the bd is that you can play it shit and you will still be very helpful to your group, i.e just stick a caster and take him out for the whole fight spamming all you got on him. Now that's not very hard is it?
But if you gonna use it to its full potential it gets alot more harder to PLAY it, perma switching targets, stay clear of tanks, banelords in right place etc etc..
I think this is what some people try to make clear, that it isn't an easy class to play good in a fg.
However there are ways around it, it's definately not like the bd is an unstoppable interupt machine. You can take it down quite easy with different methods mentioned earlier in the thread.

Have to agree,it can' be totally easymode interrupt 3 people on same time :p

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
It's always whine from casters against the classes that can kill them. Most often people who can't accept that there isn't 1 class that can kill all the others. All classes have certain advantages and weaknesses.

Everz

FH is my second home
I know classes has advantages and weaknesses i was just stating the interupts which one has to face when up against a bd.

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Excuse me? I am not sure what you are getting at? Are you saying I "clearly lack any experience of playing or fighting the class "so my almost 4 years of play and the fact I have run with some of the best guilds around is a lack of experiance?
no wasnt at all what i was getting at.

Gamah said:
I have fought some of the "best" bd's around..the fact is they are interupting masters..4 second 1500+10% ranged lifetap..TWF, Banelord, 2 additional dedicated healer pets..no other caster gets all that (cept WL with the BL)..PD5 on top..ahh must be balanced because everyother caster can get it?
yes the best bds around are clearly op since they have 2*instadebuff, thats why i think they shud remove interupt on the debuff. But there are no good bds around atm so it doesnt rly bother me that they have 2*instainterupt.

All casters get pd5 dont they???? the healer pets do shit in fg vs fg, first they dont heal much (esp if u go 39dark) second u dont have time to demez them, so they arent more useful then the chanter healerpet. BL means 3*insta ae interupts for the price of speedwarp brittleguard and ml9pet that other casters get....if it werent for tendril spam with stunimmunity id go convoker any day. TWF and BAoD3 nice grp util stuff, but remove them and bd gets 0 grp RAs, and what other char shud get twf? You cant spec twf3 pd5 baod3 mcl purge unless ure rly high rr so theres not alot of bds that have all those stuff. SO utilwise its hardly the best class in the game.

Gamah said:
Try and "discredit" my experiance as much as you like...I fight BD's day in day out. I have also played one for a few weeks on a friends account enough to know that they are a fucking easy mode bullshit class.

Maybe you should try playing against them when they dump banelord, stick pets on something and perminatly lock down a caster.
i didnt mean do discredit ure expereince. Ive played on my bard Roxbard the last few months to rr8 and bds have never been any concern, played both tank and casterheavy grp. Not saying that bds arent retarded with 2*insta interupt, just that there arent any good ones. And all the sutff ure wajning about can be dealt with, u need help from ure grp tho cuz u wont solo a bd with a caster. If its sucha easymode class why arent there any decent bds around?

Beats me that ure playing a bainshee when u thought bd was so easymode.
And what was the name of the bd u played?`what grps did u play in and what grps did u fight? All classes are fucking easymode if u play em crap. So you saying u played it 2 weeks and stopped because it was too easy doesnt rly tell me if you actaully know what ure talking about....bd-wise.

Gamah said:
Yea 2 light tanks can kill a caster, now lets add on top 2/3 rr8+ healers...suddenly it aint so easy? I am talking about in groups..you think about the BD only..take into account other players abilities as well..
it is u not taking ure grpmates into account. 2/3 rr8 droods could prolly keep ure bainshee alive if it had pd5 and 2 lighttanks were on it. Having pd5 and 2 rr8+ healers in grp isnt very BD-specific. The diffrence wud be the bd getting ~150 extra hp every 4s from the lifetap, and thats rly nothing with 2 or more players on you.

Gamah said:
As for a minstrel having the same interupt abilities as a bd? LoL I wish..4 instas on a 700 range, long recasts, a mez that is fixed at 3 seconds..Even compring the two is fucking lol. Bd is about 100x more superior than a strel because it can interupt 2 targets without lifting a finger off the WankerKey known as lifetap, let alone if it actully tried. Banelord is the best ML line in the game compared with the Warlord and Soj line minstrels get..I would rather be Banelord on my minstrel any day.
yes ofc a bd has potential of interupting more. Was not comparing the classes in a general way or utilwise or whatever. But in a context where ure char simply stick a target (like most bds play) and spam ure interupt, mincer/skald wud be way better then bd. and since thats how most bds play i wud rahter take the skald etc. And mincers/skalds do have potential of interupting 2 targets aswell not as easy as bd mayhaps but that just but more pressure on bd to interupt 3 or more targets. But thats not the point i dont wanna compare them like that.

Gamah said:
So K..I will go back to "taking my opinions from somewhere else"

You're a BD and from excal so I expect you to talk shit though but I'll go carry on being a noob who don't know what hes talking about.
i dont have slightest clue who you are, but you seem to overestimate bds, so ill leave it unsaid if u know what ure talking about or not. And generalizations like "youre a BD" so ure crap, dont know shit and nothing you say matters.....is , if anything, what makes you seem unexperienced.

and just so you know alot of ppl would say that bainshee with uninteruptable taunt is just as gay as bds!!!!! (not me tho ;))

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
to sum up from megalong post :)
my opinions about bds:
Agree its a totally op class, dont bother me cuz noone rly use the it to its real potential. (i wish i could)

Think you shud remove interupt on the debuff

Banelord wudnt be as op if u cudnt spam tendrils whiel stun immune

Dont say its easy fg v fg, if u havnt played one, played it in /stick lifetap mode. Maybe it is but if you havnt tried it u dont know k?

Everything that make the bd seem easymode, put extra pressure on what it shud perform. Example: Its easy beacuse you dont have to worry about beeing interupted, means that u have to interupt 2 or more targets always no matter how many tanks or mocchanters are after you. You have 2 instaspells that interupts means U SHUDNT USE BOTH ON THE SAME TARGET!

same on all classes u can play it crap and say its easymode. maybe bd is the easiest class to play, but then again, why are so many ppl playing it crap?

Gamah

Banned
Pipppi said:

Oh your roxbard, Explains all heh, your famous in severence ventrilo :D. Ofc you "don't have the slightest clue who I am" I hardly play this shit game I play 3 times a week with severence GG for a laugh.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
Oh your roxbard, Explains all heh, your famous in severence ventrilo :D. Ofc you "don't have the slightest clue who I am" I hardly play this shit game I play 3 times a week with severence GG for a laugh.

So, you think the game is shit but u still play it?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Calo said:
So, you think the game is shit but u still play it?

i think the game is shit but i play it xDDD

Well... not the game... i just call it shit when i get zerged :p

Brite

Banned
when your playing a bonedancer, nevermind a well known one you will be public enemy number 1 the whole fight, people aiming to kill you and chain kill you at every oppertunity, its not as if you can position yourself like a usual caster because you have to be within the range of enemy casters to keep them interupted and to use banelord so there really is no other choice than to get high pd and force tanks to use legendaries and hope to get BG or get away before it debuffs. I would rather play damage dealer any day of the week, much easier and much more fun to play, but ive stuck with a bonedancer for so long and ill keep at it til atleast rr11 i think

As for people saying its a boreing class, well couldnt be more wrong. I played skald and warrior upto 20's when i first started and then started a BD and had the will to get to 50 because it was much more intresting than a tank, dont really know how some stealthers who has never really experienced group RvR can call any class that plays in FG rvr boreing.. is laughable. Look at gamah solo guy gone FG rvr with his solo ego. Yeh you where good as solo minstrel gamah, used to love our fights and always liked you for your determination even though you act strange sometimes, but your like a few people that solo and have an opinion on everything, well get some more experience is all i can say.

Before cluster was pretty easy anyway, go for days without a death only group that was a challenge was PE but all the groups after cluster like WI, NP and somtimes AD/enclave used to cause problems with 3/4 casters and tanks on me, even with a lifetap every 4 seconds on a caster they can still get off a cast, and when you have a tank side stunning you or caster stun or a thuerg gets off some pets a nearsight on you it can fuck you over and your down, and once you die once its a hell of a lot easier to drop you again. Vs mediocre groups yeh its easy you can just stand there interupt casters and the support no problem, they dont even try to kite you out of heal range or do anything nasty to you, no tricks up there sleeves at all but vs good groups its a massive ball ache and i doubt any of the people saying "LOLOLER easymode" could cope, i may not be the best player in the world but i will always try to be the best and will always put in 100%, i just hope over christmas now i have some time to play there will be some decent groups out to challenge

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
I voted no, cos bd's group ability would be less if their lifetap wouldn't interrupt

gillan

Fledgling Freddie
I play bd as main and even I think its overpowered as it is. I'd like a combination done to the class:
1) change debuff so it wont interupt
2) get an option to debuff cold damage
3) make bd stand still to nuke insta lt, but it will still interupt

Tizu

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
This is not a whine thread, If you have not got a reasonable reply that doesnt flame, Click the back button on your browser.

Just out of thought, On bonedancers instant lifetap, Would it be better if it didnt interupt ?

After all, They have healer pets, Damage pet and castable spells themself, Which would just make them like any other class (casting side of things)

Genuine discussion, Trolls stay away.

Choose Yes, If you think it would be fair for it not to interupt.
Choose No, If you think it should interupt.

Maybe you might think about nerfing afew Alb/Hib classes before nerfing the VERY few mid classes that havent been nerfed yet. or have they? :eek7:

Albs nerfs: Sorcs,Minstrels,Theurgists
Hib nerfs: Castable stun

I will go into detail why these classes should be nerfed .

Sorc

Well the longest AE mezz ingame with a casting speed of what 1.5-2.0 casting speed (if toa'd art'ed etc which mainly everyone in rvr is now). Now I know albs and hibs will cry and say "but you have insta mezz and stun", but sorry 2 instas both on 10 minutes timers will not save you from enemys you cant even CC as you cant even get within range before being CC'ed yourself.

Theurg

Well to be honest I think they need to increase the power cost of the pets they cast depending on the level of pet they are summoning (i.e a 35 air pet will cost less power than a 45 pet). If this seems too much of a nerf perhaps make the effects from the pets summoned to only effect once then be on a 1 min immune timer same as any other effect given to your char.

Minst

I'm still thinking what mythic were doing the day they made this class. People say its just like a Thane, "Jack-of-all-trades" but the thing is it is just too OP'ed. Insta 9 second stun, two insta dd's, ae mezz, chain,evade,stealth,abs selfbuff and charm. Funny how people say Jack-of-all-trade classes are gimp, Minstrel are far from gimp. Only things I can think of is if they keep there insta 9 sec stun (imo should be 4-6 sec) they should lose chain and drop down to studded. Stealth? why give a speed class that has chain and SoS stealth... still cant understand myself.

Hib Cast Stun

Hasnt been nerfed since release I wonder why (simple the realm doesnt begin with M) It should be wiped from there baseline just because as they are the magic realm doesnt give them the right to a castable stun. Midgard are suppose to be the mele realm but what? oh yea forgot our DD's dmg gets nerfed (Thats mythic for you). If thats too harsh after years of having it in-game, reduce the stun duration or make the casting speed of it alot longer (4 second hard cap)

Inf I know this is totally off -topic for your thread but it annoys me to see other realms asking mid classes should be nerfed.. we have been nerfed too much and some need to be un-nerfed. Otherwise soon you may aswell only say its Alb vs Hibs as mid wont be worth playing.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Tizu said:
Maybe you might think about nerfing afew Alb/Hib classes before nerfing the VERY few mid classes that havent been nerfed yet. or have they? :eek7:

Albs nerfs: Sorcs,Minstrels,Theurgists
Hib nerfs: Castable stun

I will go into detail why these classes should be nerfed .

Sorc

Well the longest AE mezz ingame with a casting speed of what 1.5-2.0 casting speed (if toa'd art'ed etc which mainly everyone in rvr is now). Now I know albs and hibs will cry and say "but you have insta mezz and stun", but sorry 2 instas both on 10 minutes timers will not save you from enemys you cant even CC as you cant even get within range before being CC'ed yourself.

Theurg

Well to be honest I think they need to increase the power cost of the pets they cast depending on the level of pet they are summoning (i.e a 35 air pet will cost less power than a 45 pet). If this seems too much of a nerf perhaps make the effects from the pets summoned to only effect once then be on a 1 min immune timer same as any other effect given to your char.

Minst

I'm still thinking what mythic were doing the day they made this class. People say its just like a Thane, "Jack-of-all-trades" but the thing is it is just too OP'ed. Insta 9 second stun, two insta dd's, ae mezz, chain,evade,stealth,abs selfbuff and charm. Funny how people say Jack-of-all-trade classes are gimp, Minstrel are far from gimp. Only things I can think of is if they keep there insta 9 sec stun (imo should be 4-6 sec) they should lose chain and drop down to studded. Stealth? why give a speed class that has chain and SoS stealth... still cant understand myself.

Hib Cast Stun

Hasnt been nerfed since release I wonder why (simple the realm doesnt begin with M) It should be wiped from there baseline just because as they are the magic realm doesnt give them the right to a castable stun. Midgard are suppose to be the mele realm but what? oh yea forgot our DD's dmg gets nerfed (Thats mythic for you). If thats too harsh after years of having it in-game, reduce the stun duration or make the casting speed of it alot longer (4 second hard cap)

Inf I know this is totally off -topic for your thread but it annoys me to see other realms asking mid classes should be nerfed.. we have been nerfed too much and some need to be un-nerfed. Otherwise soon you may aswell only say its Alb vs Hibs as mid wont be worth playing.
I agree, mid need some love..Maybe more utility to healer should do it

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Sorc AE mezz is pretty balanced with the insta mezz's of other classes - except in keep/siege combat. It's a valuable tool in 8v8, certainly, but fares pretty nicely up with the tools bards/healers get.

Minstrels are not overpowered in visible combat. Only in stealther fights, where they are beyond overpowered. I can't see how to fix them for stealthing (other than removing stealth), without destroying them completely in 8v8 - where they might even be struggling a bit.

Baseline stun is likewise only a problem in keep sieges. Deal being, that the second you get in view / range, chances are you are dead. Except that once every 15minutes you have purge up.

About Bonedancers? Yeah, they are strong. Solo stealthers can and do take them down. And equally does full groups kill Mid groups that use Bonedancers. I surely would still rate a Bainshee higher on the caster list for visible combat than a Bonedancer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom