Bloody insomnia

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Went to bed about 12.15am and have spent the last 6 hours trying to get asleep, I must have spent a good 2 hours of that time just looking at the damn ceiling. :( Have tried all the usual stuff like a glass of warm milk, counting sheep being chased by Roalith but nothing has worked. I am going to be so tired today and I have loads to do, the worst part is that I am supposed to be going out tonight to a friends 30th birthday party. I will be lucky to last beyond 9pm before I curl up for a sleep in a corner of the pub, what a fun fun joy joy day Friday is going to be. :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
welcome to my world. i just dont bother trying to sleep now and wait until i cant stay awake

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Go bed.
Close eyes.
Lay still.

It's that simple if you're not diagnosed with insomnia.

All this other stuff?

Well, you're just staring at a ceiling, thinking about not getting sleep and all that. Ofcourse you're not gonna sleep!

Like an old friend said "shut up, close up and put your f*cking head on the pillow."

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
If its just a one off, then a double whiskey would do the trick.

However, if its re-occuring, i'd try other methods... no point getting addicted to achohol.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If its just a one off, then a double whiskey would do the trick.

However, if its re-occuring, i'd try other methods... no point getting addicted to achohol.

Quick wank and a two shot of whisky does the trick of waking any snoozer up.

Try it, honest to gods.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Whenever I can't sleep I just think "I'm not here to sleep. I'm just resting. Maybe take a little nap." and sometimes it helps.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Sounds wierd but i can't fall asleep if im thinking about stuff as my imagination just runs wild. I have to think about a dark empty room so basicly think about nothing then i can get to sleep.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sounds wierd but i can't fall asleep if im thinking about stuff as my imagination just runs wild. I have to think about a dark empty room so basicly think about nothing then i can get to sleep.

That was the problem, my brain just wouldn't shut off, I am exhausted now but I can't sleep again till 4pm when I should be able 2 hours before heading off out.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
if it takes you more than about 40 mins to goto sleep, leave the room and do something else untill you feel tired. then return to bed, same again. if you dont fall asleep, leave the room etc
also worrying about not sleeping will cause you not to sleep even more.
dont just lay in the bed awake all night, cos it wont send you to sleep.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That was the problem, my brain just wouldn't shut off, I am exhausted now but I can't sleep again till 4pm when I should be able 2 hours before heading off out.

Remember to get someone to wake you, because you won't wake up to an alarm or anything after 2h of sleep.

You should aim for a 1.5h nap, then maybe nap another 1.5h at the party before the bar?

1.5h sleep is optimal, and keeps you in a "wake" state until you can get a good rest.

Also have one "special" trick Einstein even used, but not gonna say it here since it's very dangerous in the long run and i'm not gonna get blamed for someone loosing their mind(more so).

Laddey

FH is my second home
Couple of things to do cho my man.

This is what i tend to do if i cant sleep.

Bust a good wank off then roll over and snuggle into my sheets (gay yes care no)

Eat a shit load, so your stomach is pumping and then when it starts to digest snuggle into those sheets.

Watch the news or something really shit on TV. Record Songs of Praise and replay it.

Smoke a spliff, you may not smoke but these things help me, my son!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Also have one "special" trick Einstein even used, but not gonna say it here since it's very dangerous in the long run and i'm not gonna get blamed for someone loosing their mind(more so).

aha! i knew raping was good for something other than pleasure!

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Smoke a spliff! but my sleeping pattern is so fucked up at the moment ive given up. Work is on n off so some days up at 7.30, others 12. looking forward to constant work again.

did no1 go out tonight?

kirennia

Part of the furniture

You refering to polyphasic sleeping which he and Churchill (as two examples) did? It's pretty good short term and you can get LOTS of work done but yeah, it's not so great and will cause insomnia in the long term. It's also hell for a social life having to disappear every 4 hours :D Don't think anyone here would be tempted by it, hell my sleeping patterns absolutely awful but I'd not do it.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I watch South Park before I go to sleep - if I don't watch something I end up thinking about all sorts of crap and I can't sleep.

soze

I am a FH squatter

I get it really bad on Sunday nights i turn the lights and everything off at 10 and i normally still awake at 1. People keep telling me its a stress thing but i do not mind my job and most other days are fine. If you find an answer please share im bored of starting the working week knackered.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I get it really bad on Sunday nights i turn the lights and everything off at 10 and i normally still awake at 1. People keep telling me its a stress thing but i do not mind my job and most other days are fine. If you find an answer please share im bored of starting the working week knackered.

I used to get that every single Sunday night bud, it got to the point where I would need to get drunk before going to bed just so I could get a full nights sleep. Not very healthy I know.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Try and do something to wind down before sleeping; reading or watching something. Although said that its 6:34 and im still wide awake :p

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Chod m8, i discovered this little friends when trying to get rid of my back pains:

Tetrazepam 50mg

A muscular relaxing pill which gave me 12 hours sleeping shifts. Whenever I took one of those I had to go to bed at 8pm in the evening in order to wake up for work the following day.

Work wonders but might be addictive.

For sale in any drugstore (i recall needing a doctor recipe over Ireland in order to buy it, might be the same in England)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chod m8, i discovered this little friends when trying to get rid of my back pains:

Tetrazepam 50mg

A muscular relaxing pill which gave me 12 hours sleeping shifts. Whenever I took one of those I had to go to bed at 8pm in the evening in order to wake up for work the following day.

Work wonders but might be addictive.

For sale in any drugstore (i recall needing a doctor recipe over Ireland in order to buy it, might be the same in England)

Yeah you can buy alot more stuff over the counter in Spain whereas in the U.K. you need a prescription for anything decent. Luckily a friend has given me half a dozen diazepam which is from the same family of drugs as tetrazepam and they worked great, I managed a 12 hour sleep yesterday and my body is finally starting to recover from nearly 3 days without sleeping.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Yeah you can buy alot more stuff over the counter in Spain whereas in the U.K. you need a prescription for anything decent. Luckily a friend has given me half a dozen diazepam which is from the same family of drugs as tetrazepam and they worked great, I managed a 12 hour sleep yesterday and my body is finally starting to recover from nearly 3 days without sleeping.

Just play it safe and beware the addiction.

Those bastards already hooked up a good bunch of ppl.

If I were you I'd learn exactly when I was going to need a pill (in my case, I know when i come back home totally knackered that im gonna have a hard time getting sleep).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just play it safe and beware the addiction.

Those bastards already hooked up a good bunch of ppl.

If I were you I'd learn exactly when I was going to need a pill (in my case, I know when i come back home totally knackered that im gonna have a hard time getting sleep).

Only have 6 of which I have taken 2 so far, I can't get anymore than that unless I go see my doctor and I doubt he would give me them either because of the pain medication and anti-inflammatories I am on. I am going to try get some sleep tonight without them and if I can I will just save the remaining 4 tablets incase it comes back in the near future. :)

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Am guessing you've tried all the usuals like cutting caffeine from your diet, etc Cho?

Having said that, I'm a chronic insomniac too and doing so made absolutely no difference - if anything I just felt more tired in the morning.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Am guessing you've tried all the usuals like cutting caffeine from your diet, etc Cho?

Having said that, I'm a chronic insomniac too and doing so made absolutely no difference - if anything I just felt more tired in the morning.

I don't drink very much caffiene bud because of my blood pressure problems. The insomnia was very much like having had lots of caffiene though, my mind would just not shut off and I was literally thinking of 3 different things at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom