Help Insomnia

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
...........It's back....

jeez! i think im gonna commit suicide if tonite i dont get a couple of hours of sleep :(

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Break away from the PC 2 hours before you got to bed. Have a run/walk, or take your bicycle out. Sleep.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
im a bad sleeper too. I feel your pain mate i wake up every 2 hours snap awake then have to get back to sleep. Been like this for a couple of years now

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
As flamingly wussy as this sounds, you know what has helped me an awful lot getting to sleep when I couldnt? My GF rubbing my back.

Yes I'm a 5 y/o :p

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I love getting my back stroked before sleeping.

A remedy I've always used when I can't sleep is to get up, sit on the edge of the bed and think to myself "I could go to work right now, or I could stay in this comfy bed and sleep". I find the prospect of having to get up and do a whole day's work makes me want to sleep. It's all in my head.

I know 'not sleeping' and insomnia are different things, but maybe try it :).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
my girlfriend loves getting her back stroked before sleeping... because she's a woman.

jesus.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
my girlfriend loves getting her back stroked before sleeping... because she's a woman.

jesus.

So you stroke the back of your hand before you go to sleep? Very strange!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Almsot feel sorry that i've been up 30 odd hours and am now so sleepy that i could fall asleep in an earthquake and am about to take a REALLY cumfy trip to laalaa land.

Almost :p

Have a wank, cloe your eyes, always works.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
my friend has insomnia and his Dr gave him some meds for it which resulted in him going nuts, painting all his furniture in his house green at 3am then trying to hang himself via meditation because he was just sooo bored & off his head.

Needless to say he stopped taking those tablets asap lol. Anyway this doesn't help you much but it's quite an amusing story and if your doctor does give you tablets to help you sleep...hide the rope & green paint!

Whenever I have had long bouts of not being able to sleep (longest was three days) it just sorted itself out in the end but the worst thing I ever did was worry about not sleeping because that resulted in me losing even more sleep and then I'd worry more and so on and so fourth.

p.s sod back rubs before sleep...I used to love having my tush patted hehe, used to make me wiggle my butt like a puppy dog... bah, now I'm all sad because the days of having tushy pats before sleep are long gone, bugger :(

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Weed ... you don't even have to smoke or go anywhere near tabacco, tis the way forward!

If I got a busy day, the previous night I have to get high to make sure I sleep good and i'm all good to go in morning.

Could even try a couple of antihistamines, however I find they make me groggy the next day. Melatonin is ok as well but it's not cheap since the UK banned the import of it and it isn't the best.

I love getting my back stroked before sleeping.

A remedy I've always used when I can't sleep is to get up, sit on the edge of the bed and think to myself "I could go to work right now, or I could stay in this comfy bed and sleep". I find the prospect of having to get up and do a whole day's work makes me want to sleep. It's all in my head.

I know 'not sleeping' and insomnia are different things, but maybe try it :).
Your BF sounds like a nice guy to put up with stroking your back every night.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
drink less fruit juice

i cant drink orange juice after around noon because it stops me from sleeping (i discovered it while i was a student drinking litres of orange juice from Lidl), went to doctor after not sleeping at all for about 4 days and he told me to cut down on the juice, which seemed to do the trick :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
Drink plenty of water, entirely cut yourself off from all forms of visual media - tv, pc, whatever - a good hour or two before sleeping, take a nice hot bath or shower before getting into bed, do some exercise in the evening, listen to calm/quiet music while you drift off. All things I do to combat sleeplessness, not necessarily all applicable to everyone but try different things, something might help you.

While not recommended as a long-term strategy, having a few alcoholic drinks or taking sleeping tablets will obviously help. Especially if this is something stress-related and thereby a short-term issue - just need to get past that exam, big meeting, interview or whatever - but clearly you don't want to rely on artificial means to get you to sleep all the time!

The real question with most people is whether you're having trouble sleeping or if you're actually suffering from insomnia. There is a huge difference. The long and short is, if sleep issues are affecting your day to day life adversely, you should see a doctor as soon as possible. Sleep depravation is a serious issue and can cause long-term illness if not addressed.

Edit: one other thing I do is to listen to a podcast in bed. Get in to bed a good half hour to an hour earlier than normal, pop on a podcast and close your eyes. I tend to wake up at 3am with headphones on wondering wtf happened to me when I do this, but it works!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I have tried every homemade remedy avaible and yes, Im a regular weed / hash user (every nite 1 joint before goin' to bed).

The problem is that my insomnia seems to be self-inducted: i enter an spyral in wich my own paranoia about not being able to sleep feeds the insomnia itself, e.g: "oh! its 23:00pm I have 8 hours left of sleep", "oh! its 00:00am, only 6 hours of sleep now!; "damnit! 01:30 and less than 5 hours to wake up", etc etc etc....

Last nite had to resort to "Trankimazin" (Alprazolam, a form of benzodiazepine) to get 7 hours of sleep. Problem is that, i wake up with my brain rested, but my whole body aches like if I had a hangover from 1 bottle of tequila... :(

gah! life sux! :(

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Have you looked at your diet/lifestyle?

If you go to bed at random times that probably doesn't help

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
I have tried every homemade remedy avaible and yes, Im a regular weed / hash user (every nite 1 joint before goin' to bed).

The problem is that my insomnia seems to be self-inducted: i enter an spyral in wich my own paranoia about not being able to sleep feeds the insomnia itself, e.g: "oh! its 23:00pm I have 8 hours left of sleep", "oh! its 00:00am, only 6 hours of sleep now!; "damnit! 01:30 and less than 5 hours to wake up", etc etc etc....

Last nite had to resort to "Trankimazin" (Alprazolam, a form of benzodiazepine) to get 7 hours of sleep. Problem is that, i wake up with my brain rested, but my whole body aches like if I had a hangover from 1 bottle of tequila... :(

gah! life sux! :(
If you can't sleep after smoking and you smoke every day, cut out the weed. Because thats why, you smoke too much you need a break and a routine. Benzo's aren't the answer.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
play some games on FB or King.com (king lets you play for free but not for cash initially). make sure they are the thinking games thos.. so on FB.. stuff like the Playfish Word one (forget its name but its superb).. and the mahjong or wordy/numbers games on king.com.

need to tire out your mind, not the body.. that will follow.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Weed ... you don't even have to smoke or go anywhere near tabacco, tis the way forward!

If I got a busy day, the previous night I have to get high to make sure I sleep good and i'm all good to go in morning.

Could even try a couple of antihistamines, however I find they make me groggy the next day. Melatonin is ok as well but it's not cheap since the UK banned the import of it and it isn't the best.

Your BF sounds like a nice guy to put up with stroking your back every night.

Since when did the uk ban import of melatonin . I get it just fine from USA for about 12dollars for 120 tabs

Laddey

FH is my second home
Get some of the highest graded green in your area.

Stick it on a bong with a few ice cubes in and TOKE.

i find it makes me feel like a bag head in the morning though.

Or join some gym classes, spinning, body attack etc. Or even your local boxing gym.

win win situation imo

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Get some of the highest graded green in your area.

Stick it on a bong with a few ice cubes in and TOKE.

i find it makes me feel like a bag head in the morning though.

Or join some gym classes, spinning, body attack etc. Or even your local boxing gym.

win win situation imo

Haha Ladyboy! Been there done that.

I cant imagine new ways of experimenting with weed. My favourite? The Mexican: half weed half hash. Needless to say more :p

Exercise routines? 1 hr gym / boxing everyday from monday to friday.
Diet? Im kind of a control freak so this department is well covered. As a mention, i dont drink soft drinks (you wont find Coke or sodas in my refrigerator) unless theyr coupled with a BigMac or a Domino's pizza in one of those rare occasion i fancy junk food.

Yesterday I slept normally again, but used half a benzo after dinner just to be sure. I wont need it today cuz no matter what im gonna do, my head wont be paranoid about waking up early (Saturday yey!!)

:cheers:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We've covered this before and an in-bed wank over your dirty imaginings, rather than internet, will do the trick better than anything.

A few drinks in the evening will help too.

hfNWXs_ZzKBzkTcpMOnzVgGMyOIUOG5c67Ica-r7RrQ8fEG88RWxE9T7WE5N75sMq7Sczt9MKABfoLLrq92w24RDuOEHZoPXqSYt5VhjL-gbtVstkmhIFBw8joUOkgDiwje9qU55CPIMv21FPNkVvQtdZbKZT6s1jWzm4A=s90-c

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom