Black Prophecy.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Black Prophecy: Home

Wingcommander:ish MMO from what i understand.

might be a better game to keep an eye on then JGE as that game seems to slip into hibernation.

/edit: its F2P, unsure about that then :/

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy

Wingcommander:ish MMO from what i understand.

might be a better game to keep an eye on then JGE as that game seems to slip into hibernation.

/edit: its F2P, unsure about that then :/

I think they've been struggling for a huge amount of time to find a distributor and that the F2P option was all that was left to them. The trailer for the game looks quite impressive.

I think it will be worth checking out but I haven't investigated their cash-generating model yet to say whether its worth doing more than downloading for a peek at the graphics.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah it does look like its a cool little game.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just got a beta invite :)

will be fun to see how it plays out.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Can't say much because of NDA, just that its gonna take a long long time for this to release. :(

oh and anyone applying for a beta should probably have some understanding of german language, as ~70% of all text in the game is in german.

i'm not so i really struggle understanding wtf is going on some times :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah, but if i seem confused here you should see me in the game :p

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Same, will be after xmas now before I download - does look promising though :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
My ( 5.7gb download ) has almost finished.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I downloaded this a few days ago but not played yet as RL/work/building-my-new-PC got in the way of funzies. Hopefully get on there in the next few days :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
NDA has been lifted.

I would regard this as an alpha but in no way a beta. I'm somewhat surprised they are advertising the imminent arrival of open beta, which is where unpolished stuff like this usually guarantees that it will not survive the first month of launch.

They really really really should learn from Mythic.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Mixed feelings about this one.

Firstly, its insanely hard to aim in this game, so pvp will be a freaking pain in the ass even for ppl using proper flight controls.

Secondly they have "manoeuvres" you can perform that is hellishly hard to do if you use the mouse to fly with as it required you to take your hand away from the mouse and use the arrow keys.

Thirdly, the pve is even harder because the mobs have perfect aim and penetrate shields, you won't do either :)

Personally i'm dropping this from my radar now. Even after they work out all the kinks with the game it will still be mediocre at best.

I certainly understand now why noone wanted to publish it for them...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Bloody shame, everyone I know who played Jumpgate Evo beta loved it and said it had massive potential. I have high hopes for Black Prophecy but what I am reading at the moment suggests it is far from prime-time. :(

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's ok, but it's very limited in terms of what it does.

Zones feel small and limited, it feels very "set wing commander to wave attack mode and blast enemies".

The combats more fun than eve, but then throwing rocks at a window and dodging them as they bounce back would be more enjoyable than eve.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I agree, it is still very much an early alpha really. The game mechanics aren't finished and still need a lot of work before. It has potential though - lets just hope they give it sufficient dev time rather than rushing it out, which seems to be the norm these days.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Open beta started a while back for those interested

Personally i don't like it that much, there's something really odd about the flight controls that i can't get my head around.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Anybody else tried it? I was thinking of downloading, but I don't want to bother if it's crap.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Haven't played for months, so can't really give you a up-to-date view of the game now.

It's had a few bigger updates so hopefully it isn't as crap as it were, but i can't be arsed to download the game and find out. :)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
And finally...
massively.com said:
Black Prophecy closing down on September 26th
by Jef Reahard on Aug 29th 2012 1:30PMSci-fi, MMO industry, News items, Free-to-play, Black Prophecy0

Apparently Black Prophecy was in the red, as Reakktor Media has posted a closure notice on the free-to-play sci-fi title's official website.

Today marks the last day that players will able to purchase in-game currency, and Black Prophecy will close its doors for good on September 26th. If you've purchased KK$ any time in the past six months, gamigo will be sending you an email credit voucher that may be applied to other titles in its portfolio.

The closure post also mentions upcoming send-off events, and we'll keep you informed on those as we learn more.

[Thanks to Wesley for the tip.]

Tags: black-prophecy, black-prophecy-closing, black-prophecy-shutdown, closure, f2p, free-to-play, game-closing, game-closure, gamigo, reakktor, reakktor-media, sci-fi, shutdown

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Not really surprised, i liked the idea of the game and had pretty high hopes in beta, but it was executed really horribly. Flight controls were dodgy at best with numerous flight actions requiring key press combos (usually by the arrow keys) that just didn't work in the twitch based combat the game had.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Always sad when a good concept goes to waste.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
There goes Bod.
massively.com said:
Black Prophecy says goodbye today with parties
by MJ Guthrie on Sep 25th 2012 12:00PMSci-fi, Events, in-game, MMO industry, News items, Free-to-play, Black Prophecy0

At the end of last month, Reakktor Media announced that the free-to-play space MMO Black Prophecy would be closing down for good on September 26th. Today, the studio posted a message on its Facebook page reminding players of the goodbye parties and inviting them to join with devs during the game's final hours to send it off into the sunset.

The parties will be held tonight, first on the two EU servers Shinava and Kemmura at 3:00 p.m. EDT (9:00 p.m. PM CEST), and then on the US server Altair at 9:00 p.m. EDT. The servers are scheduled to shut down permanently in the morning.

Tags: black-prophecy, closing, f2p, final-day, final-days-parties, free-to-play, game-closing, gamigo, reakktor, reakktor-media, saying-goodbye, sci-fi, server-shutdown, sunsetting

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Have to wonder though, is this and CoX the first F2P games to actually close down? I haven't heard or can't find anything about other F2P games that has closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom