Wierd black screen

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
as title says , wifey got some wierd black screens from time to time .
All of sudden while she/we are playing her screen turns black and all info we get about it is : No Signal Input
i'v heard others talk about simular problems but they have also experienced it in other games such as DAoC ,
but with DAoC she NEVER got those black screens .
Anyone got some suggestion about what to do ? I'v tryed to update gfx drivers and all but it didint help .
And i'm getting pretty frustrated since its me her anger strikes ;) so if u got a solution about this PLS enlighten me :worthy:

Ohh and the gfx card is a GeForce 9600GT Albatron...and imo should be able to handle this game

Ps : forgott to tell , no we cant just turn the screen back on , the whole comp needs to reboot

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Assuming no hardware problems then logically (and a bit Captain Obvious) that means the graphics card is no longer sending output. While not being familiar with this problem that would mean it probably believes its time to sleep.

As a test, run the game perhaps in windowed mode (if your system can handle it), even if playing fullscreen windowed. If that solves it then its likely an issue with Windows thinking that there's been no input and shuts down the graphics output. (Games are notorious for not reporting back to the Windows OS properly).

At this point I would check powersave settings that are kicked off from the screen saver and set the screen blanking options to "never". You could jump straight to this point but that would take away all the detective fun. If all this messing about is delaying sex with your partner, skip straight to this stage and take her to heaven and back.

I'm generalising a bit, its late at night and I'm bored at work. Maybe you already tried this :)

It could simply be custard pies clogging up the screen.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
i did return the gfx card to the store yesterday for a check/service......but then i thought , bah :kissit:...so bought a new card for her instead :p

Problem solved :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom