Bioshock

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't seen any bugs so far but then i don't go looking for bugs either so i will probably never see them.

I've not read much about x360 bugs so there could be more but the one I've heard about is sound cutting out after prolonged play. Apparently the fix is to wipe the cache.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i'm taking a time out for a second

THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING##

def lives up to the 97% reviews i can see my whole night being lost now

In HD with surround sound its proper eerie

glad mine got delayed in the post then, otherwise id be at work all night thinking about playing it some more

Aada

Part of the furniture
lol, you'll really go to any lengths to promote the 360... even dismissing a kb/mouse for an FPS.

sad.

Nah controller is just second nature to me now i do not miss the KB/mouse for one second.

Bioshock is not a game where you need pin point accuracy because 9/10 you will be using the bio weapons which don't take alot of aiming to hit the target.

Aada

Part of the furniture
i'm taking a time out for a second

THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING##

def lives up to the 97% reviews i can see my whole night being lost now

In HD with surround sound its proper eerie

I agree and i pity any poor soul who doesn't play it.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Bugs aside, you could always invest in one of these Nath XCM

That's probably going to be my choice going forward as it will cost less for one of these gadgets, than it will to bring my PC up to the spec that will give me the same visuals as my 360.

stay away tbh, i have both the oringal 360 version and the updated version both have lagg issues, last i heard they are making version 3 which should have none ofthese issues. hopefully theyll get it right the xbox joyfrag adaptor was minta same the 360 version aint the same

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Bioshock is not a game where you need pin point accuracy because 9/10 you will be using the bio weapons which don't take alot of aiming to hit the target.

Unless you want to conserve eve by using revolver bullets. One in the head takes down a splicer. I found this pretty tough to do with the joypad, mouse/keyboard not so much.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
It's not about needing pinpoint accuracy. A mouse is much more NATURAL for FPS games. It just makes sense. It's not just aiming - you can turn as quickly or slowly as you like.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
well mouse or pad yopu have to agree that this is an amazing game, and worth all the hype

so tell me

are you killing the little sisters or letting them live?

tris-

yes, tell me how fast you can do an accurate 180 with analogue?

thank god for idiots :\

maybe you just suck ass at using a controller in FPS. there is nothing i can do about that im afraid. since i got my origional xbox way back when ive not had any problems playing FPS, and that was after many many years of playing FPS on PC.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
No need for the abuse fellas, but tbh I'm not so bad with the xbox pad at FPS games, but there's no denying that a mouse/keyboard is a MUCH better control system for FPS games - anyone saying otherwise is just a silly, silly human being.

tris-

yes its better ofc, as its more fluid but it doesnt mean you cant get similar results using analogue sticks

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
No need for the abuse fellas, but tbh I'm not so bad with the xbox pad at FPS games, but there's no denying that a mouse/keyboard is a MUCH better control system for FPS games - anyone saying otherwise is just a silly, silly human being.
I find pad way better and more enjoyable (X0 pad that is, PS3 one sucks) :S Mouse+keyboard is naturally easier though and fits better for multiplayer.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
why on earth would you want to use a game pad over a keyboard and mouse? anyway, will play it in all its DX10 lovelyness tomorrow :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I've yet to see any difference in DX10 vs 9, other than a slight performance decrease. I played the demo several times on vista and XP, couldn't see the diff. Max settings on both.

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Shiney surfaces have a slight difference, only really noticable if you compare side by side screenshots.

Volumetric fog etc is definately better and feels more 3d.

Water is the main difference though, compare a puddle of water or some flowing water and its night and day. Dx9 uses sprites and standard water wheras dx10 uses procedurally drawn ripples/jets etc.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'll have to fire up vista and check again but I couldn't tell the diff between dx9 and dx10 water...

Yaka

Part of the furniture
img_4652317.html

IGN: SplitFish FragFX PS3 Review

yep i know its for ps3, i used the have the ps2 version and that was great with socom games. somat like that would be ideal for 360 as well.

im with nath and st, i just prefer fps games with a mouse, my younger brother on the other hand who first experienced and fps on the n64 with golden eye prefers a pad and cant play with kb and mouse

and the guy who did the wiimote on 360 thing says its should be possible to get this working on 360 with a little modioding

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
finished the game, ending made me feel bad :) (Though i killed all the sisters)

Great game, and was damn long for me since i explored so much. ending was a touch weak but since there is multiple ones i cant blame it. Not sure i cba playing through again though for a different one :)

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Around about 20 hours i reckon. To me that seems pretty long for an FPS with such detail and production value. That said i i did explore, take in the sights and look for recorders, reckon you could do it in 10 hrs if you missed the optional stuff.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
If i finished any of my games that quickly i'd feel rather disappointed.

Come to think of it,if i finished a game within a month of purchase i'd feel disappointed.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I never play through my games in a single sitting so they always last me a long time, because of that I never get caught up in how long or short a game is, I just enjoy it.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Well i havn't actually finished any of my games, the closest one would be tiger woods 07 and thats about 65% complete,excluding daily tournaments on live.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well i havn't actually finished any of my games, the closest one would be tiger woods 07 and thats about 65% complete,excluding daily tournaments on live.

Gee i think i'd rather complete my games in a couple of days then not complete them at all.

I think Bioshock is a game that once you start playing you feel compelled to finish it and uncover what has happened.

I started on hard and have explored every nook and cranny and just looked at the sheer amount of detail that has gone into the game from the posters to the creepy recorders.

I'll probably have finished it by tuesday and i can't wait to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom