BF sucks alot

A

acei

Originally posted by old.anubis
insta is insta, we have the same shit with our instas, it's not if alb/hib tanks dont have access to det
and it is much much easier to get higher body resists in alb/hib, than energy/spirit/body in mid
Difference is yours has a large range and you also get insta-stun and insta-AE-stun. PBAOE = has to be right on top of you and is highly unreliable.

F

Forau

Originally posted by Asha
Smite line = one crappy radius short mez. Pac line = 2 (!) insta stun 2 (!!!) insta mez, castable mez, castable stun, castable root. Please tell me where they compair?

Maybe it's because a healer has to spec for his mezs, making him unable to heal sucessfully. The Mend/Aughealers that most compare to the role of a cleric has shit for insta CC (and our root is spec btw, mine is 13 sec t_t). Speccing high pac the healer takes on the role of your Sorceress or the hibernian bard. Saying that "insta CC on a realms main healer is out of balance" just shows you ignorance, when in fact speccing for insta CC makes him unable to heal properly. I have the same problems you do, except I don't even get the PBAE-mez :(. I rely on my group to take care of me, as do you. If every single character had a "get otu of jail free card" for any given situation the game would be pretty boring.

A

Asha

fyi shamans dont have any instant cc either
and their surviablity for groups is very very important
hell, even aug/mend healer doesnt have any insta cc, and there are lots of em

Why? Your end buff doesn't go if he dies..

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by acei
Difference is yours has a large range and you also get insta-stun and insta-AE-stun. PBAOE = has to be right on top of you and is highly unreliable.

you compare primary healer of one realm with primary healer of the other realm who at the same time appears to be primary mezzer for this realm

this is so because this is so

from one point it is good to have both abilities on the same class, from the other point it is not
you never know, grass is always greener etc

D

Driwen

the realms are not the same. Heck they dont even have the same classes :p. So the realm with the least classes will have the most utility in a class. Unless you dont want to give the same basic utilities to each realm. And in my opinion giving unequal amount of classes to each realm sucks and is stupid (it makes balancing even harder).

A

Asha

insta is insta, we have the same shit with our instas, it's not if alb/hib tanks dont have access to det
and it is much much easier to get higher body resists in alb/hib, than energy/spirit/body in mid

Liar, my RR2 lvl 47 noob sm has 20 energy/20ish spirit wearing half DF crap and half Malmo junk. That isn't even with the band of ice and I haven't done 1 SI quest.

O

old.anubis

Why? Your end buff doesn't go if he dies..

cuz ALL group suddenly loses 500-700 hps each & quite a lot weapskill

O

old.anubis

Liar, my RR2 lvl 47 noob sm has 20 energy/20ish spirit wearing half DF crap and half Malmo junk. That isn't even with the band of ice and I haven't done 1 SI quest.

i'm talking about resist buffz
who cares about gear, everything is capped there anyway

A

acei

Just as a note: I am NOT asking for healers to be nerfed so all the healers please stop saying that i'm whining for you to get nerfed tbh i'm not after that.

I'm after a decent third line for the cleric, smite is USELESS! All classes should have 3 decent spec lines so they have good options, atm our only decent option is heal and buff and this puts off alot of people from starting the class as they want to help there realm, but don't want to be stuck just constantly casting spreadheals. Cleric's want a decent smite line and as the cleric TL said we want some decent CC in it.

Z

Zag Barr

Very easy to settle this argument, about excal/alb players being unskilled aso. The /level command is coming up.

Pick an empty french server, make char, /level 29 and meet in BG. No RA's, standard equipment. Only skill is needed.

Let's see how the l33t Hib and Mid guilds are doing with their perfect fg albs. Of course we excal/albs play Mid or Hib :)

T

tildson

r8 and still clueless? SC is live if you havent noticed ;) And Cleric's smiteline? Compared to bard's musicline? PBAE-mez compared to 1500 AE? If your point is that both have insta, then you are right. But dont compare them to their effectiviness

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by tildson
r8 and still clueless? SC is live if you havent noticed ;) And Cleric's smiteline? Compared to bard's musicline? PBAE-mez compared to 1500 AE? If your point is that both have insta, then you are right. But dont compare them to their effectiviness

read above ffs

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Zag Barr
Very easy to settle this argument, about excal/alb players being unskilled aso. The /level command is coming up.

Pick an empty french server, make char, /level 29 and meet in BG. No RA's, standard equipment. Only skill is needed.

Let's see how the l33t Hib and Mid guilds are doing with their perfect fg albs. Of course we excal/albs play Mid or Hib :)

in bg you dont have to encounter healer instas ;)

F

Forau

Originally posted by Zag Barr

No offense but that must've been the worst crap I've heard in a while. I sincerely it's hope a very bad joke. Albs have some of the best group RAs out there (none of them in the BGs) not to mention lack of determination etc. BGs are a simulation of a real RVR enviroment, a very bad one. Nothing is said about either class vs class or realm vs realm in the battlegrounds.

A

Asha

Originally posted by Forau
Maybe it's because a healer has to spec for his mezs, making him unable to heal sucessfully. The Mend/Aughealers that most compare to the role of a cleric has shit for insta CC (and our root is spec btw, mine is 13 sec t_t). Speccing high pac the healer takes on the role of your Sorceress or the hibernian bard. Saying that "insta CC on a realms main healer is out of balance" just shows you ignorance, when in fact speccing for insta CC makes him unable to heal properly. I have the same problems you do, except I don't even get the PBAE-mez :(. I rely on my group to take care of me, as do you. If every single character had a "get otu of jail free card" for any given situation the game would be pretty boring.

I understand that, but the fact is a pac healer CAN heal. A sorc is totally vunerable once they've tried to cc. A pac healer can also get some shitty instas, but it's better than nothing. Yes pac healer takes on the roll of sorc but they have chain, 4 insta cc spells, maybe some insta heals. It's a very nice class.

Again, on pvp how many sorc were there? How many clerics? How many healers?

S

sorusi

ím my eyes sorc has 1 negative thing, and thats the cloth :p to play a sorc and enjoy it you need a REALLY good team of 2clerics or so and a dedicated s/s paladin to save your arse :p

the only thing that makes a healer really good is not mentioned in this whole thread, see if some alb can figure it out ;) - and no it has nothing to do with skill or anything like that, im refering to a spell :p

A

acei

Originally posted by sorusi
the only thing that makes a healer really good is not mentioned in this whole thread, see if some alb can figure it out ;) - and no it has nothing to do with skill or anything like that, im refering to a spell :p
Power-regen or attack-speed buff?

A

Asha

i'm talking about resist buffz
who cares about gear, everything is capped there anyway

Ok ok, misunderstood, sorry.

But we have to give up the UBER smite spec mez for resists :(

O

old.anubis

I understand that, but the fact is a pac healer CAN heal.

<= 22 mend here, ubah heals for 250 a cast, groupheal for 128 a cast /flex

Again, on pvp how many sorc were there? How many clerics? How many healers?

best healer: cleric
best mezzer: healer
best pvp combo: bard + cleric

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by sorusi
well :p yes sorc was bottom mezzer, along with bard - but then they nerfed insta mezz badly with determination, - still sorc at bottom, but with the 1875 range mezz, its really alot easier to mezz than it used to be, nowdays you can mezz them from outside insta range, before you didnt have that option at all
I would much rather have quickcast + bolt range mezz then insta, any day. Insta is worth nothing, less then nothing. It doesn't even slow NP groups down, all it does is make you immune to a decent mezz.

Bolt range mezz gives albs the ability to compete if they are not surprised, but Sorcer is practically unmezzable also.

Both albs and mids have MoC on their primary CC class, and both have 2 forms of CC on different timers. Granted stun is crap for long duration CC, but when used as a basis to easily lay down a proper mezz, it's uber(as NP well know).

I think all those factors combined pretty much puts bards at the bottom of the CC pile.

S

sorusi

yep thats exactly why insta is useless :p - even if you get the chance to use it, it only gives youa 5sec mezz :p

O

old.XanateA

I am an pac healer
I got spread heal, i heal for 480 / person with it. I crit alot with WH2.
I am specced 44 pac 30 mend.
I dont have the last AE instas cuz i only use my instas to stop groups in their tracks so i can lay an castable AE mezz on them.

44/30 4tehwin !!!!111 But only 150 radius instas.. so stop whining about instas cuz i only use them to stop your groups leader then /Face ae mezz on same target and i usually get whole group with a spell be4 u even know whats up.
Stop being in IRC while roaming emain and you might end up mezzing us first for a change.

O

old.anubis

40/30 4 leet doods, not noobs like meh :p
respec to it at rr9 or so :p

O

old.Nol

If you're a tank and you don't have det, then you need your head checked imo. Be that as it may, Insta-stun is no longer used to stop tanks, it's used to lay down the perfect mezz. That is what makes healers CC uber.

Z

Zag Barr

Originally posted by Forau
No offense but that must've been the worst crap I've heard in a while. I sincerely it's hope a very bad joke. Albs have some of the best group RAs out there (none of them in the BGs) not to mention lack of determination etc. BGs are a simulation of a real RVR enviroment, a very bad one. Nothing is said about either class vs class or realm vs realm in the battlegrounds.

No offense, but your crap stinks as much as mine.

I know it's a bad simulation - still is a simulation. And I know you guys are never short of good excuses. Basing your comparison between the realms on 2 RA's, both on a 30 min timer ...

It might be a crap idea, but it would still fun to own ur ass while u are an alb :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom