BF sucks alot

V

Vasconcelos

Sorusi hit the nail.
The current status of DAOC is Tank a Lot.

Its sad to take a look at the perfect realm fgs:

Albion

1 sorc
1 friar
1 Mincer
2 Clerics
1 Pally
2 Mercs or Merc/Arms

Midgar

2 Healers
1 Shammy
1 Skald
4 Tanks

Hibernia

This is the exception. Because Hibs have developed the pbaoe tactis to a higher status, prolly because their tools allow em to have 3 pbaoers in a fg (something really gimped in albion).
But, once again, they are suffering from heavy tanks fgs since several months. And atm, i even saw some heavy tank hib groups ( IG? ), like:

1/2 Bard
1 Warden
1/2 Druid
Rest tanks (loads of new BMs atm)

These groups eat casters groups (or groups with more than 1 cloth wearer) for breakfast if the tanks have a minimum of RR (determination, purge,...) n some decent resists (sumthing doesnt really hard to achieve).

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by sorusi
all light tanks do goo dmg in 1.62 :p, and mercs + bms did before aswell

just that lots of ppl like to compare themself in wierd ways, like skalds like to compare themself with heros etc, and armsmen with zerkers blalblaba, wich is a whole different category :p & most whine come from the ppl who have gimped eq and spam anytime styles..

Ok, let's compare arms with warriors and heros then who are supposed to be in the same category for the 3 realms.
I still can't figured out why i chose arms but i guess one year back things were a little different and i was more noob than i am now (not much difference as i never claim to be expert and i am not) :p

N

Noche

Wish BMs do zerker type dmg... oops sorry not comparable :/

O

old.Nol

think you are going to be dissapointed if you expect the shaman nerf + zerker nerf to inflict alot of damage on balanced midd grps :p
Being forced to have the shaman in group means you have to lose at least one other class, I think that's great for shamans, and it replaces at least one class from Mid tank heavy grps(healer or tank, either I don't care). I think it will be a lot better for competing realms to get the same opportunity to cut off your end regen supply as you have. LA without end sucks as I am sure you remember(maybe before your time).

S

sorusi

Originally posted by ilienwyn
Ok, let's compare arms with warriors and heros then who are supposed to be in the same category for the 3 realms.
I still can't figured out why i chose arms but i guess one year back things were a little different and i was more noob than i am now (not much difference as i never claim to be expert and i am not) :p

plate is an huge advantage, anyone not saying so is spoiled by it, and 2nd, if you try to say that polearmsne can do massive damage, i got lots of 1200 - 1400 dmg screens from them, and yes, they dont get free 2h, but pole line got some really nice styles :p and there is nothing wrong with 42shield,50pole,39thrust =P

B

Belomar

Originally posted by driwen
the infils are most likely before RR5 the most powerful assassin of the 3.
Common wisdom suggests that it is nightshades that are the most powerful assassins after RR5, mainly due to their RAs.

J

Jiggs

there is nothing wrong with 42shield,50pole,39thrust =P

nothing wrong with it except its shit, ask any of the top armsman

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by old.anubis
range will be 1500
and additional bot is needed NOT for end regen, but for normal buffs
8 end regs and 8 str/cons leave shaman with 4 dex/qui & pie buffs, what a joke

I think it's great.

B

Belomar

Cabalist with his dots is nice too in keep fights as are other classes who are normally considered gimped in albion ;).
Right, that's it, I'll pwn you anywhere with my "gimped" class, Mid boy. :D

D

Driwen

Originally posted by old.Nol
I think it's great.

off course as enemy its great when the other person has to put more effort into being equally buffed :(. But I do think this version is more fair than the buff we(mids) still have atm. But I would have rather seen it to be conc free somehow :(.

and belomar I actually have no idea what a cabalist can do :p. Except dot and have a rather irritating pet and is considered gimped by albs themself:p. I just took it over from them :). But in normal rvr do you play your cabbie or your minstrell? (normal rvr= fg('s) roaming)

S

sorusi

Originally posted by Jiggs
nothing wrong with it except its shit, ask any of the top armsman

that might be because mercs are more viable than armsmen etc, so yes if you put it thru that way :p

S

Silenzio

how come all thos post in a such crap thread... n mosty just before dawn???

u need aid!

:eek6:

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by ilienwyn
And imagine how difficult it is to spot the cleric in an alb group. Say, chain and one hammer, wonder what can it be. Maybe plate in albion is not so useful as it makes our classes even more easier to understand what class is everyone. Whereas in other realms and especially in mid you see chain for instance and it takes a little more time to identify classes. And time is important when you want to interrupt or whatever. And ofc instants can not be interrupted however hard you try...

tbh i always have truble finding the cleric when there is pallys about, but anyway i was talking about the realms primary CC'ers

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
Hibernia

This is the exception. Because Hibs have developed the pbaoe tactis to a higher status, prolly because their tools allow em to have 3 pbaoers in a fg (something really gimped in albion).
But, once again, they are suffering from heavy tanks fgs since several months. And atm, i even saw some heavy tank hib groups ( IG? ), like:

1/2 Bard
1 Warden
1/2 Druid
Rest tanks (loads of new BMs atm)

These groups eat casters groups (or groups with more than 1 cloth wearer) for breakfast if the tanks have a minimum of RR (determination, purge,...) n some decent resists (sumthing doesnt really hard to achieve).

true, them setups kills caster grps (or well, 2+ casters) pretty ok, thing is if you meet an alb tank heavy grp, they have most likely BoF if things go bad, and pallys dont die as easy as bards (hence albs have end regen more).

and vs mids... if mids have a tank on their healer, a zerk/savage can kill that tank in a matter of secs, a hero/champ/bm needs alot more time, so for a successfull hib grp pbaoe is _needed_ to kill tanks. which is hard since they get 2-3 shotted mostly.. will work if you have GP/purge ready and 1-2 def shield tanks

O

old.Nol

off course as enemy its great when the other person has to put more effort into being equally buffed :(. But I do think this version is more fair than the buff we(mids) still have atm. But I would have rather seen it to be conc free somehow :(

A group buff would have been better IMO, but one that is still stuck within the confines of it being based on range. The problem with the current shammy buff is it make's it practically impossible to take down a mid group with experienced players. Mostly because there is no way to cut off it's endurance supply.

A

Asha

i dont play for an "realm" i play with my friends, if i dont enjoy playing with my "friends" in albion, i move on to play with friends on other realms... and i had 200 reasons to leave alb, with all their stupidness of breaking mezz etc (not all of them ofc, but enuff to really piss you off - also the constant zerg that leeches from your fg is quite annoying aswell)

Sorusi, not trying to flame you cause I think you're a v good player and you were always always funny to group with ... but I think you've blocked out your days as a sorc :p I think you said something to me about gimped class when you deleted, but maybe you were just being nice not wanting to say we all suck. Still think you were one of the best sorcerers ^^
/kiss
/kate

S

sorusi

well :p yes sorc was bottom mezzer, along with bard - but then they nerfed insta mezz badly with determination, - still sorc at bottom, but with the 1875 range mezz, its really alot easier to mezz than it used to be, nowdays you can mezz them from outside insta range, before you didnt have that option at all

A

acei

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
yes but they arent the ones losing equal numbers including when you get one of the biggest advantages in the game going off twice..?
LA nerf = 40%
BoF = 50%

Total = Only a extra 10% resist at the moment, in 1.62 we should see a proper BoF do it's work i hope.
Originally posted by pbuck
This group will have 1 minute immunity to melee+ tanks running on mach5-6 for 30 seconds
50% resist not 100% it never totally makes us immune even when ablatives goes off at the same time

neither do we tbh, have you seen the healing from a 48pac healer?
Point i have tried to make is they have a option to get some CC we have none, btw they still have heal and it's still ok it's just not as good as a fully mend spec'ed one obviously.

clerics stick to avoid getting hit, heal and rezz in battle.

healers do all this + they have to do the CC. wich class is easiest to play?
I don't want easy! I want the ability to defend myself and help my realm but at the moment it's almost impossible unless i find a good hiding spot and keep healing, but normally someone will manage to insta-CC me or my group before i can get to a spot.

O

old.anubis

well, mids do form groups with 2-3 healers and shaman, albs invite there cabalists/necromancers and other shit but clerics
that's the difference

C

Chuffy

BF beat NP, big wows. No need for 9 pages of regurgitated drivel.

A

Asha

Originally posted by Gahldir
hum, healers have to spec for thier CC, so does druids (cept castable single root) and you think that would count. but not the CC clerics have to specc for? :rolleyes:

nooo... pbaoe mez shouldn't be counted because it SUCKS, even if you are smite. Grey pets laugh at me if I even try it. It's like a joke. A high rr tank with det doens't even feel it. They probably think they just lagged for 2 seconds. So we've given up on the smite line. Smite line = one crappy radius short mez. Pac line = 2 (!) insta stun 2 (!!!) insta mez, castable mez, castable stun, castable root. Please tell me where they compair?

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by acei
I don't want easy! I want the ability to defend myself and help my realm but at the moment it's almost impossible unless i find a good hiding spot and keep healing, but normally someone will manage to insta-CC me or my group before i can get to a spot.

fyi shamans dont have any instant cc either
and their surviablity for groups is very very important
hell, even aug/mend healer doesnt have any insta cc, and there are lots of em

A

Aussie-

[@NP]XanateA^Slan]: mid healer @ speed 6 beats sorc anyday

A

acei

Originally posted by old.anubis
fyi shamans dont have any instant cc either
and their surviablity for groups is very very important
hell, even aug/mend healer doesnt have any insta cc, and there are lots of em
Shaman equivilent = Friar = exactly the same situation but in this instance your equivilent doesn't have CC meaning there's no reason for shaman's to demand it, Druids and Cleric's have a reason to demand it.

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by -nicolas-
I agree with Pbuck. He, like me, has played both albion and hib in successful RVR groups

k

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Asha
nooo... pbaoe mez shouldn't be counted because it SUCKS, even if you are smite. Grey pets laugh at me if I even try it. It's like a joke. A high rr tank with det doens't even feel it. They probably think they just lagged for 2 seconds. So we've given up on the smite line. Smite line = one crappy radius short mez. Pac line = 2 (!) insta stun 2 (!!!) insta mez, castable mez, castable stun, castable root. Please tell me where they compair?

insta is insta, we have the same shit with our instas, it's not if alb/hib tanks dont have access to det
and it is much much easier to get higher body resists in alb/hib, than energy/spirit/body in mid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom