Beta testers

O

old.KoS

You can't make sense of it Taboo because its SG's attempt at humour.
Just smile politely and hopefully he won't try again. ;)

KoS
----------------
enjoy the silence

O

old.-I^F- Knave

Heres one for u Semi... Thanx for the nice piccy of me btw..

0wned.jpg

[Edited by -I^F- Knave on 17-09-00 at 13:46]

O

old.Kattanga

Heheh i dont think well be hearing from that twatt in a long while :)
Nice werk :)
------------------------------------------------------------
Katt

O

old.SPAM SemiGod

I wouldn't start laughing just yet, if I were you, Kattanga...

gheykkk.jpg

:p

SG

O

old.-I^F- Knave

spankA.gif
<--------------- SemiGod getting spanked by one of his New Zealand bum chums yesterday. I guess that is what he gets for being a
newbie.gif

FLIPA.gif

O

old.SPAM SemiGod

Is that the best you can do? Visit a smiley site and get a couple of crap smileys. ROTFLMAO @ Knave's undisputed Gheyness.

SG

G

This thread is what I love about forums - going wildly off topic and degenerating into abuse. Whilst sad its FUNNY AS FUCK ROFL!

/me gets popcorn and waits for next instalment

O

old.{ velvet }

come on guys, you are taking abuse from a guy who in his whole tribes playing career (of 3 months) has probably never skiied, or even touched the ground! surely a good person to know who should beta test tribes 2..

ps. we need whole tribes to test the teamplay of tribes 2 to ensure its as good as it can be. quit bitching and give them some encouragement so we all have something worthwhile to play in a couple of months time.

O

old.KoS

Hehe fair enough then - Ill re resume my silence . . .

KoS

O

old.SPAM SemiGod

Actually, Velvet, my Tribes playing career is about 8 months. Before which, I played Half-Life for about a year. And if you knew anything about the Tribes Team Aerial Combat Mod, you would know that skiing and touching the ground are the two things guaranteed to get you killed.

A first person shooter is a first person shooter. Don't get precious with me sonny, or I'll well and truly flame grill your arse like I did and will continue to do to Kos, Knave and Kattanga.

If you need me to make you look any more stupid just post another dumb reply in this strand and I will be happy to oblige.

Come get some...

SG

P.s. Lame website you have there, Velvet, you must have spent hours programming it.
P.p.s. Isn't the Internet a wonderful thing. You get to meet new people every day. The Net "Where there's no such thing as a stranger, just an enemy you haven't met yet."

O

old.{ velvet }

I've played TAC - it sucked. For a game engine which had such amazing posibilities the fact a whole mod scene still exists around an idea which in my opinion is something suitable only for pissed up Friday nights or LANs is somewhat astonishing. I guess you deserve some credit for keeping the scene alive?

A first person shooter is a first person shooter to some degree, but being good at one does not qualify you as good at another. I'm surprised you play TAC actually; When most of the DM whores moved over to Tribes they spent their time running round the ground without the jetpack key even bound..

Anyway, this is not about flaming, although your insults on my minimalist website were crushing ( http://www.funkateers.co.uk btw </pimp> ).

/me guesses SPAM will be an annoying part of Tribes 2.. Ooh how online gaming has evolved.

O

old.SPAM SemiGod

I feel I must recant my previous statement about you, Velvet. You actually managed to construct a reasonable, well thought out and well written reply. That puts you head and shoulders above a small minority of retards who have been posting on this strand.

Respect

SG

P.s. One of those work in progress symbols on your site might not go a miss. Then people will know you're busy making it

O

old.{ velvet }

Actually I'm not busy making it. I couldn't realy give a stuff about it to be honest. But just to make you happy I've updated it so you don't have sleepless nights..

http://www.funkateers.co.uk

Hope I haven't broken any copyrights? :)

O

old.Kattanga

Semi-God, when will u realise that the entire scene regards u as a complete and utter fuckup.
Velvet who hasnt played the game in months (unless j00 alais velve ;) ) even sees that u are a muppet, so u can retract ur tongue from his arse.
As for "flame grilling" us, did i miss something ? Or was it not the case that more than 5 ppl ripped the piss out of you and your old second hand shite pictures and phrases?
If u were something of an intellectual then perhaps you would have been able to come up with something fucking original.
I think everyone here will agree that its time u shut the fuck up.
It would also seem u have no fucking common sense as you would have realised when to give up, take ur ball home and get back to that 5 minute-fun mod

Now how about u take ur spam clan back on the road and tour again?
vpgrp1.jpg

Spam on tour, 99

[Edited by Kattanga on 18-09-00 at 19:40]

O

old.Zenith

SemiGod... since you've been playing Tribes since the beginning of the year, you won't remember Velvet. However, for those of us who have been playing 18-24 months, Velvet is a well known name in the "scene". You may well be up to date with current events, but you need to polish up on your Tribes "history". :)

Tribes playing bloke

O

old.Kattanga

Last post i promise but this is too good an opportunity, and i fear i may never see one like it.
Props to Ped for showing me the original :)
Spam.jpg

[Edited by Kattanga on 18-09-00 at 20:44]

O

old.BigBunny

People unsure about themselves (usually with a good reason) will always defend themselves and see attacks on their personality in everything.

People too sure about themselves will try to be too much in the picture and annoy other people without knowing, blinded by their arrogance. Surprisingly these people used to be part of the first group mentioned.

People who observe, learn and laugh will be wisest.

O

old.-I^F- Knave

My congrats BB for his never ending Wisdom and Shuts up :#

F

Fergus

Bloody hell, some people just have no idea.

Has been a while since I posted had to re-request my login but hey.....

I really can't quite understand why so many people are upset about this. I would have though that the very first reply from the man from Dynamix gave (cant remember his name) would have kinda explained it all. What use is it to have a largely random amount of people who do not know or play alongside each other and will probably not see each other online testing what is, after all, a team game?

I for one have not been lucky enough to get a copy of the Beta, but I am happy in the knowledge that those who are testing it, HH, cF, MnO to name some of the euro Tribes, will be testing it. They are, and I would challenge anyone else to prove me wrong, 3 of the best if not THE best Tribes in europe. If anyone is going to be able to test a games playability and team play why are they not the best to do it?

We are talking about what is a Beta and NOT the final release, so we do not know what may change by the time that the Final version is released after these Tribes input has been .

The bottom line is that Dynamix, in doing what they are doing, are doing it for the best of you and me, the people who will eventually buy the game and play the game. Tribes itself was not tested, as I think has been said already, and there are numerous patches that were released to fix bugs and alike. The Beta testing will hopefully lower the chance of these being necessary.

This is dragging on a bit, and this post may well add fuel to the the fire (as I have kindly been told) but I want to have a say on a few points that have been raised and on what I think is peoples shortsightedness and blatant jealousy.

Scripting is another issue that has been raised. As we all know, as there are very few players out there that do not use scripts, they benifit all players. Now those that take the time to write these scripts deserve a chance to see how scripting will work in T2, as their scripts will, and lets be honest here, be used by most players. There are people who would probably be lost without certain scripts.

Skiing has always been a contentious issue, and Dynamix themselves I believe have said before that, it was never intended as part of the game. It was taken advantage of and very well in most instances and has now become an integral part of the game. Although I think that it is a detriment to the game blah blah blah..... The fact that it is not going to be part of T2 is for the better and hopefully will return Tribes to the way it was in the early days.

Basically Dynamix are not going to change their mind as to who has the Beta now and I personally think they have done the right thing. Look at the "newer tribes" which have come onto the scene. Are they not just as good as if not better than the "older" ones even though they started to play the game later?

So,

Q: Whatis the difference here?

A: There is none.

Whining and moaning about it is not going make any difference, other than maybe making you look like a twat.

Fergus.

(none of this probably makes any sense but I know what I mean)

O

old.{ velvet }

And so the thread goes full circle leaving us with a thought we all know is correct..

BR roxorz :)

O

old.Brit

Whining and moaning about it is not going make any difference, other than maybe making you look like a twat.

This is perhaps the most relevant thing on this entire thread. Good job that man.

--Brit--

O

old.Zenith

Velvet and Zach... if you're gonna start a "[BR] r0x0rs, no [BL] r0x0rs" post, start a new thread for it. :)

Tribes playing bloke

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom