Best Guilds of all Times

cenestra

Fledgling Freddie
Hib - Eclipse
Alb - SoTL .. (Mysteh!! .. /fluffle)
Mid - Head Hunters

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Sow many good guilds in this post, <3 to them all! :)

Having been a part of OG post-cluster I gotta say that's the most organized in terms of fight-control, situation- & position management, communication etc bunch of totally cool laid back rarely-whining (even dreameh!) people I've ever played with :D

Back pre-cluster in Eclipse it had the starters of that which evolved during daoc, I think that's the two biggest evolution in daoc - the 'enlightenment' of the casual rvr'ers makig them much more adequate players, and the FG evolution to work a lot more 'as one' to counter the skill-increase the zerg went through.

About the best grps, it's really hard to tell, there's been several 'eras' in daoc, pre toa, OF, NF pre/post cluster, waay back pre/early SI, etc.

Alb - Sotl & PE, stand out from 'back then', more recently particularly 'new PE' and AD, and to some degree AoD, have been impressive opposition. FL and LoE was also interesting aquiantances, while none of the early excal alb guilds really stands out to a prydweneer, imo.

Mid - NP & Maelstrom stands as two of the best for a long time, with MM, JH & Groove as top-of-the-pop for a while but not as long as the beforementioned. Warders way back, and defiance + revolver from limited experience post-cluster also provided tons of enjoyment and a bit of cursing Jenna + [what was the other runemasters name?] :)

Hib - you'd always hear a lot of good stuff about DH from a prydwen pov, Eclipse was quite very dominant on the prydwen side up until around NF, and from my pov playing in OG it was quite possibly the very best grp post cluster. Early VGN & LA, as well as HDS on prydwen stood out as well, as did NP in the 'brief' (short'ish in the big perspective) periods they were active on prydwen.

Fifta

Fledgling Freddie
ALB: Public Enemies

HIB: Eclipse, Dem Hibbies, Our Group

MID: Nolby Pride, Maelstrom, Bad Omen

Oldbone|Ramble

One of Freddy's beloved
Alb: early Public Enemies/pryd, skilled and dedicated players, followed by AD/exc and early FL/prydwen with Sycho, and ofc sotl/prydwen.

Mid: Nolby Pride/exc followed by Maelstrom/pryd, JH/exc, and BO/pryd, Midget Maffia/prydwen, and Grimnurs Guard/pryd!

Hib: DH/exc, OG/exc-cluster, followed by Eclipse, Random Roleplayers and Acending Dawn

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Alb: In my opinion, Public Enemies was the best RVR Guild, closely followed by Sotl. I have to say Lords of England as my third choice, not for the ability to compete as a FG, but its ability to send 8FG'S RVR and to kill Legion "Guild only"

LOE teamed up with SOTL was an awesome sight! Not unusual for the two guilds to send 14 FG's off to take a Relic or two.

Mid: Funniest Guild was Midget Mafia, really competent FG players. Would see them incomming in the distance as little dots, they never got any bigger when they reached you!! Very difficult to target :)

Hib: Nolby Pride, they didnt lose many fights!

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
RR9L8-Guildmaster of LOE and
thoroughly nice chap!

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Alb: FL/PE/SoTL/AoD

Mid: Maelstrom/BaF/Bad Omen/Eye Of Odin

Hib: Nolby Pride/Eclipse/NFD and the guild puppethealer was in who i've forgot name of.

This is from prydwen point of view.

Zill

Loyal Freddie
Mid: Cutting Edge

In 2002 Cutting Edge put in place and spearheaded the realm defence, regularly caused havoc in the Albion frontiers and were behind some of the most audacious raids ever seen, including two successful relic raids on Albion during peak hours. Farming realm points in Emain was never on the agenda. We left that to our bitter rivals Nolby Pride :)

raid

Can't get enough of FH

Farming realm points in Emain was never on the agenda. We left that to our bitter rivals Nolby Pride :)

Yep, in CE alliance it was actually forbidden to go emain if enemies were spotted in own frontier ;) Good old times.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
alb, dunno, hard to see your own realm. FC, GoL, BF would be candidates i guess.
mid NP
hib DH

Glema

Fledgling Freddie

In 2002 Cutting Edge put in place and spearheaded the realm defence, regularly caused havoc in the Albion frontiers and were behind some of the most audacious raids ever seen, including two successful relic raids on Albion during peak hours. Farming realm points in Emain was never on the agenda. We left that to our bitter rivals Nolby Pride

We used to run guild rvr/keep take events every Monday. These usually ended up with us in Mid frontier trying to take Bledmeer and it was always CE (lead by Killgorde I think) that came to defend.

I think there was only one occasion where we managed to take and hold Bled until the next day, every other time we failed to take it or lost it after a shhort while.

Zill

Loyal Freddie
Yep, in CE alliance it was actually forbidden to go emain if enemies were spotted in own frontier ;) Good old times.

That highlights the alliance's ethos which was to protect and serve the realm (which sounds awfully old-fashioned nowadays!). We all shared the same sense of purpose. I certainly don't get that realm bonding feeling in World Of Warcraft.

Anyway, it's worth mentioning some of the guilds who made up the CE alliance back then, they included Blizzard, Aesir's Blades, Norseman Of Midgard, White Rose and Dark Alliance and seem to be the forgotten ones. It is largely thanks to them for helping to make Midgard the strongest and best organised realm of that period.

We used to run guild rvr/keep take events every Monday. These usually ended up with us in Mid frontier trying to take Bledmeer and it was always CE (lead by Killgorde I think) that came to defend.

I think there was only one occasion where we managed to take and hold Bled until the next day, every other time we failed to take it or lost it after a shhort while.

I used to enjoy those little keep sieges with the Albs at Bled and sneaking in and one shot killing an Alb sitting down and then trying to escape. I bet you can't do that in DAoC now. And yes, we would always strive to purge our frontiers of Albs before going to bed :D. What was the name of your character by the way?

Glema

Fledgling Freddie
I used to enjoy those little keep sieges with the Albs at Bled and sneaking in and one shot killing an Alb sitting down and then trying to escape. I bet you can't do that in DAoC now. And yes, we would always strive to purge our frontiers of Albs before going to bed :D. What was the name of your character by the way?

I would have been playing my cleric Glema, no doubt hiding inside trying to avoid getting diseased/shot/PA'd.

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
Mid - OF - Cutting Edge under Killgords command - Those where the days...

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
mid : Fellowship of Midgard
alb : Herbolge boldclub
hib : TDMM

:)

tierk

Part of the furniture
hib : TDMM :)
\

---------------------------------------------------->The Greatest Guild Ever<---------------------------------------------------

Led by one of the best Bards Ever MaStUrbO who was RR5 long long before he hit level 50. They used to take my RanGer In Fg RvR to Emain as a interrupt Bot which for those times was fucking unheard of and we used to run the most wicked 3/4 man groups with me camping the AMG-->APK road for them on my ranger as look out and puller with a bard and two chanters waiting nearby for the call to come assit .....aaaaaaah good times!!:worthy:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
agree with censi - to me IG wins. after that Rage comes i think.
when i came hib/excal i cant recall any memorable alb grps cept for zoyster/outlaw zergs but i clearly remember PE groups with Fadderullan and dreami, and god i feared their buff bot area :(. Everlast + Bad Omen from mid.

btw, any got that clip with zerach typing while he should be styling @ amg (think it was vs. FL?)

Geuin

Fledgling Freddie
uploaded all vids to filefront yep, link to them is in my sig

as for best guilds of all times, theres probably too many to mention. the guilds who obviously left the most impression on the server are without doubt DH and NP.

the guild I personally like most is groove. they have been around for a long time in one way or another starting from farming the funneh valewalker group in the gorge, playing verra's healer with them here and there, the countless fights with the new dhgroup + me and later mael/grv vs og.

next to them, respect to bf, ad, jh, mael, pe, rage, vgn, la, baf and many many more

WTF?! vodka i thought more of u....:(:(:(

Geuin

Fledgling Freddie
Hey ho! all of you!! havent been here for a looong while! Anyway i like the post!

OF:

ALB: PE without any competision imo(our JH group had som hard fights but we lost most of em :fluffle:)

HIB: DH, same here!the first guild a ZERG could just STOP and change direction for:sex: HAHA!

MID:NP&JH rly skilled ppl no doubt!

NEW:

ALB: AD, rly hated that caster group... and ofc TTs first group!had many rly nice fights against u guys!

HIB: OG.etc soooo many times we fought u! we fought u in 1 week straight on a summer LAN!! nice nice nice!

MID:NP,Groove and ofc Defiance! i think it strange that we not are mentioned more altho we kicked most of u guys:fluffle:

Anyway take care!

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
MID:NP,Groove and ofc Defiance! i think it strange that we not are mentioned more altho we kicked most of u guys:fluffle:

Anyway take care!

Actually i did ;)

And yeah it's a bit strange, but i think it's related to your marketing tactic...not enough whinning on FH!

Aurores

One of Freddy's beloved
Mid : Groove , Defiance , NP

Hib : DH , WI

Alb : AD , TT(old group with kcinimod) , bdc

Afran

Part of the furniture
Alb - SotL, PE, FL, Stigmata.

Mid - NP, Maelstrom.

Hib - DH.

Might be some others I've forgotten, It's been a while ;)

Aurores

One of Freddy's beloved
Aurores ole fart! You playing WAR or still hanging around CS with those crazy swedes?

Haha hello Tenta<3 how are you mate ? , and no im not playing cs haha , i havent play any game for some time now. And its summer now so i wont play anything again before its snow outside again :p. Take care mate :fluffle:

falseth

Loyal Freddie
um only played a couple of months before NF came out so dunno rly about any of the grps before that and only played on prydwen before cluster so dunno either about the excal guilds other from what movies i've seen.

but i would say:

alb: was never much competition fg vise from alb but PE had their times and they were hard to get down and with the cluster boys dont cry was defo hardest..

mid: um maelstrom was always high rr and very good even tho i hate to admit that..

and for hib: before the cluster they didnt rly have much to put out either but there was one grp that was good and fun to fight against with that bard called Niko?.. but with cluster our group was defo the hardest group..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom