Best Camlann Group Setup?

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
raid said:
i thought midgard is THE easymode, why arent 99% of the setups here typical midgard setups?

same reason typical hib and alb setups aren't used

Fizzel

Fledgling Freddie
We are running something like:

Sorc
Cleric
Healer (tri spec)
Shaman
Cabby/Ani
theurg
light tank
light tank

light tanks we happen to be running are savage and merc, but any would do.
2mezz, 2demezz, plently of buffs, shears, lots of interupt(BL, pets, theurg and shaman), plently of dmg.

main downsides are; no bg and no speed6.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
same as ours , except bain for theurg

thuerg pets easily killed , have fun trying to stop bainshee taunt :p

kindrid

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
same as ours , except bain for theurg

thuerg pets easily killed , have fun trying to stop bainshee taunt :p
think bd would be a bit better here? second bl, insta debuf, high survivability great rupts etc great grp ra`s ?

Mezzzzzz

Fledgling Freddie
I was thinking of a tank group, a bit like this :

Healer ( Aug / Heal )
Druid ( Buff / Heal )
Shaman ( Buff / Sub )
Bard ( 47 Music / 43 Nurture / 16 Regrowth )
Armsman
Vampiir ( Dementia )
Reaver
Savage

What do you think of it?

Maybe go for a Necromancer instead of Vampiir for the AF debuff, but no charge left :mad:

Narjhan

Fledgling Freddie
We'll be running:

Healer (pac)
Druid
Shaman
Sorc (body)
Bain
Bonedancer
Valk
Warrior

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
raid said:
i thought midgard is THE easymode, why arent 99% of the setups here typical midgard setups?

'cause your zerker sux0rs :<

Tankgirl

Fledgling Freddie
SoulFly said:
'cause your zerker sux0rs :<

wow that must be the coolest response ever

go spend your time figuring out an original login name, clueless one.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Tankgirl said:
wow that must be the coolest response ever

go spend your time figuring out an original login name, clueless one.

fyi Soulfly is old.skool

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:

cos shaman doesnt get ss5, sos and demezz (yet) :mad:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
but it can interupt better

can spam disease better... interupt better in a grp were the bard is assigned secondary mezzer and primary interupter? i dont think so :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
no amnesia. no (ranged) way to win back interrupt if moc is down.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
amnesia isnt so hot with todays cast speeds , and if your within bard DD range you may as well just run forward 200 units and pbaoe disease with the likelyhood of interupting more than one person

kindrid

Fledgling Freddie
hard to compare just bard with shaman. 1 team bard druid cleric vs 2 team shaman cleric healer. i`d say second team wins by rupts + healers ae stun and banshe for teh win in bg.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Succi said:
amnesia isnt so hot with todays cast speeds , and if your within bard DD range you may as well just run forward 200 units and pbaoe disease with the likelyhood of interupting more than one person

Resisted amnesia interrupts just as well as any other spell you resist, and 2'nd lvl spells get interrupted quite a bit, at range bard > shaman by far, if the shaman can get close enough to pbaoedis/melee shaman > bard, when it comes to interrupting that is. Generally it's about equal, but a shaman are a lot more likely to break mezzes than a bard is, which sucks :< and he spends a lot more time casting single target spells (shears) than a bard does

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
both Bard and Shaman groups are viable

I like shaman in the group better because they fill my resists buffs (as a cleric) and i think disease is annoying as hell

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
i favour bard setup more .. for any of the classes to work propably they need to play somewhat offensive .. and i dont want the group to loose buffs when shaman dies .. not that hard a loss when a bard dies.

so having a shaman in group with active buffs (no buffbots) will create a major weakness of the group .. coz the enemies will soon recognize this .. and instakill the shammy once he goes offensive.

anyways .. other than that its kinda equall ..

E

Eruptix

dont listen to phake,he was evul on bard ;<

and I agree that bard > shaman for interrupts

hell,i'd take a bard over a shaman for interrupts just because it brings demezz+sos+AM

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
you have to look at full support picture , if shaman in grp that means you can get a healer ... which brings sick utility and green celerity which will cap melee speed

Tzi

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure why im posting here again about this but a good shaman will be always better interrumps than a bard.

Sure bards are good if decent played,but their role is pretty much done when they landed the initial mezz and remezz every minute (after inmunity is gone),then they start interrumping with ae/single mezz (high power cost),amnesia(sometimes useless),DD/Zephyr(close range) and have a nice backup with instan CC.

Shaman have higher casting spd usually,have shears which pwns bard casting spd (dexquick shear) on hib vs mid interrump fights,always have purge3+moc1 with low rr,root,which let enemy casters +20 secs w/o move and away from figths (what happens when you fight extending grp and ur support/caster dont push with you? :p ),have DISEASE which interrumps,helps kiting and make perfectors "waste" 1 casting(if they can even cast) clearing it. Not counting the root+ichor+root combo (40 secs rooted). And not counting the pbae diseae / melee part which is useless nowadays but worked on old times.

If you have time you should see Djtiesto shaman movie,prolly one of the best shaman PoV's and you can see the shearing/interrump part played from max range.I dont have link but you can find it on VN seer forum.

Not saying Bard is bad, they have their role on RvR servers but on camlann there are better interrump chars imo on this order:Theurg->BD->Shaman->Minst->NS classes/Banshee,Bard and others.

And from my PVP experience no one decent on Mordred ran a Bard unless BANDA which was rr10 bard and they still ran shaman and healer.A minstrel have SOS/AM/spd5 and alot better interrumps if right played,of course not main CC.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
xtortionist said:
if your taking a vamp go DE instead of dem
lol why?
Dem gives you alot more survivability vs. casters which are the main issure nowadays. They also fuck casters over royaly, even when rooted.

i also favor bard, partly coz of fast end when dead - shaman has to rebuff at least 8 buffs to be effective again (+ self specs, and other dead teammates specs). With cleric/druid/bard you still get ae/single root (ae for interupt, stupid to waste it for the root, 16 sec or w/e, single much better - rather cast 2x single on caster kiting than 1 ae, also counts for shaman).

With c/d/b you get 3x buffing classes (2x spec 1x capped base) on other you get 2x spec/base (what they prefer) which leaves little to no buffs for pets (yadda, yadda, they get nuked fast - but sometimes they survive) RA wise first also offers quite nice ra's with SOS + AM. Shamans offer Ichor and VR. But have to remember that each setup is only useful with the right setup of classes (c/d/b needs eld/caba for disease etc.) Probably alot of things i forgot to measure and mention, but hope you get my idea of choosing c/d/b

kindrid

Fledgling Freddie
shaman - shears, roots, deasease, shaman`s 70% shield, ae dots. perfector
great rr5 wich restores 50% of hp end MANA
healer :) single,insta mez, ae mez, insta ae mez, single stun, single insta stun,ae stun, insta ae stun, root, single amnesia, ae amnezia, insta heals, spread, haste buff, clerity, demez. ml:soj, nice rr5
cleric second resists,stun, spec af, all the other goodies wich will bard grp have aswell if they want second resists. ml.perf

soo we got preaty much all you need, exept RA sos everry10mins, am every 15 mins.It`s not much and

Bard: Speed5, single, ae, insta ,ae insta mez, demez, amnesia, ae amnesia, single insta dd, am 15min timer,sos 10min timer. soj
druid: buff heal i suppose 35/40 to have Yellow resists, you CANT make a druid to have green pet have atlist 30 in heal and have yellow str buff. either u sacriface and run with cold, matter 8% resist and yellow heat with some of the grp members having blue spec. Soo this is what druid will have lvl 7 pet yellow resists pboe lvl 7 root and lvl 4 ae root, single red root
cleric: dunno if anyone plan the returne of the smite cleric of doom! soo i gues 33/42 to have red spec af and acuty

Soo first team: benefits from AE stun, insta ae stun, celerity,insta ae desease, Red Str/con,Focus Shell (i played on alb classic and good mid grp`s often abused it 70% testudo is 90% Lawl), chain armour on all support, shamans rr5,healers rr5, ae dots, ranged ae desease. 2 chars who can single root.

bard team: speed5 wich is nice but for some ppl caster speed will do, SoS every 10 mins, Am every 15 mins, instatnt single dmg, druids rr5, and leet bards rr5

@phake and since when your active buffers (druid and probobly cleric cant die) if those chars are played by skilled ppl in the end wins utility and those who favor laidy luck

P.S: Ae stun and banshe for the win or ?

kindrid

Fledgling Freddie
cant edit. 2 chars who can single stun too

Pls notice that i havent wrote anything bad about bards.. soo correct me if i am wrong about support setup utility.

P.S Ashlea is a paper bard xD

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Bards can get 33 mend though , which makes them able to heal infinitely better than shamans

oh and you dont get red spec af at 42 enhance im pretty sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom