Battlefield Bad Company 2

Yaka

Part of the furniture
dice can release a game in a decent stat they did that with mirrors edge, fuck knows why they do this with battlefield games,

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
BF2 was a mess in the beginning too. DICE tried fixing the red-blue bug for over a year and i still don't know if they ever succeeded. With every patch released that was supposed to fix the bug it only took 5 minutes after the servers had updated for someone to post "red-blue bug still not fixed"

Though BFBC2 is setting new "standards" when it comes to unfinished product I can only assume that the amount of time DICE had to deliver a product in the first place was a bit short as EA are known to rush a product to meet a release date.
No excuse but EA should start taking responsibility and stop picking rediculous release dates

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
hardly ever touch the carl gustav i think its shit. where ever you get a variety of weapons to choose from your going to get a few that shine through and its been like that since Counter strike tbh.

with the exception of a few guns in the game they all have subtle differences not for the better on some of them. the snipers offer quite a choice of sniping styles as do the assault rifles, i often find myself switching guns on assault and scout .granted the medic is all about the m60 cant remember using owt else since it became available for me its a class that shouldnt have such power but there ya go.

its not perfect not tryin to be a fan boy but i still find the game hugely satisfying theres no better fps out there for me atm.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I loathe the M60; its inaccurate and too slow to reload; much prefer the XM8 for its lack of recoil and accuracy. Not that much of an AN-94 fan either; prefer the M16. I tend to vary weapons and classes a lot though; given the lack of variety in the maps its the only way to keep things interesting; I think I marginally have the most kills with the SCAR-L. I need to beef up shotgun and sniper rifle use a bit though (although I find recon quite dull).

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
AN94 is unbeatable at medium to long range.

I liked the MG36 on medic since you get red dot for free :)

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Agree, i don't like using the AN94 as it just feels too cheap

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The game needs more maps, and a bit of development, but of course I doubt it will get it as we will be force-fed the new Medal of Honour soon? Shame.

If you want back-up of course, you buy from Valve in my opinion :)

All the same, still a great game.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Spending hours upon hours getting lv. 15 so you can use magnum aim just to compete with every fucker out there is great fun.

DaGaffer

Spending hours upon hours getting lv. 15 so you can use magnum aim just to compete with every fucker out there is great fun.

Every map I go on seems to be full of Level 50s now. Some people have way too much time on their hands.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Play medic and you climb the ranks really quickly - can easily get 5k+ over a full rush map. Plus some of the pins give 5000 or 10000 points so aim for them.

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
anyone interested in testing the medal of honor beta w/o pre-ordering, fileplay.net gives away free beta keys atm, u'll just need to register on the website and go to the keys section

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Mate's visited this weekend and loaded this using his steam account.

Looks like good fun but everything I said about my preconceptions has been confirmed.

It's buggy as fuck. Had a CTD already, totally black screens, failure to draw the graphics correctly, sound and subtitles out of sync after freezes and I've just been moved to write this post because of another unexplained dump out to desktop.

Pretty. Fun. Shitty. Just like all the other dice games :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ive not had much in the way of ctd's or freezes or anything, perhaps your pc is just a bit cak Scouse :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Though I hate it when people defend a game saying "well I've not had any problems, it must be you!".... well... I've had no problems with this game, your PC probably *is* cak. :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe it's the ATI thang? You guys got nvidia cards?

Got me an Asus MB (can't remember which one), Phenom II X3, 4 Gig/Ram, Radeon 4850, Win7 64-bit.

Not overclocking it at all. Drivers all perfect. Stable as stable can be in everything else I run, evah.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's the first in-game crash I've had since I put the thang together - but then I've only really played Valve stuff, Deus Ex and a new install of Tribes 2 really :)

Runs nicely when it runs tho. As it's my mates copy I've not played the multiplayer portion (still playing through single in offline steam mode). Had glitches this evening too :(

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Maybe it's the ATI thang? You guys got nvidia cards?

Got me an Asus MB (can't remember which one), Phenom II X3, 4 Gig/Ram, Radeon 4850, Win7 64-bit.

Not overclocking it at all. Drivers all perfect. Stable as stable can be in everything else I run, evah.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's the first in-game crash I've had since I put the thang together - but then I've only really played Valve stuff, Deus Ex and a new install of Tribes 2 really :)

Runs nicely when it runs tho. As it's my mates copy I've not played the multiplayer portion (still playing through single in offline steam mode). Had glitches this evening too :(

I've got a HD4870 and had no issues with BC2 crashing at all, although I've got the retail copy rather than the steam version

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You got an nvidia motherboard?

Ah, fuck it. I don't know why I'm asking. If it was that easy to figure out then surely dice would have looked at it by now.

My mate has some of the same problems on his laptop. You guys don't have 'em. Go figure eh? :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah fuck it. Against my better judgement, £20 can't hurt and it'll shut a few people up from nagging me to buy it.

I'll see how it goes :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
3 minutes in-game before punkbuster kicked me 'cause of some shitty glitch :(

Ah. Well, gotta go the bank anyway...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Assuming you bought it on Steam, disable the steam overlay as it causes punkbuster to kick you.

In case you don't know how to do it - right click on the game > untick enable steam community in game.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cheers for that. :)

Annoying tho - as I use steam to track mates :(

DaGaffer

I've had the same issues as you; its an ATI driver issue that only seems to affect certain screen resolutions. I dug around and found an application called RivaTuner which deals with the problem. Bit of a cludge but I've not had the problem since.

Shit that you have to do this but EA is Nvidia's bitch and ATI are the ginger stepchild.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah, RivaTuner takes me back :)

Cheers gaff, I'll take a look and see what it can do. Don't want to fuck my settings over for all my other games just because DICE are fucking lazy :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Played for about 6 hours now. Had a few crashes but wtf eh?

Impressions?

Well, it's fun. I expected that from DICE as their battlefield series has always been great. (Battlefield 1942 is still the best game they've done tho, just loved flying the planes in that!)

Maps are well balanced and the fact that graphics have gotten so good now really adds to the atmosphere. I like being able to duck into shop doorways and the like to avoid enemy fire or hide between a couple of trees underneath a fern.

However. This unlockable bullshit has gone farrrrr too far.

Playing as a medic or engineer I was wondering where my medpacks/defibs/spanners were - but then I realised I have to unlock them. So, all you can do right from the off is run around with your terribly shit gun.

I wondered whether it was just me being shit - I was opening up at point-blank range at people who were coming through doorways yet they were killing me, despite having to adjust their aim before firing. My kill/death ratio is poopy-de-poop.

But yesterday, playing a rush map, I took the opportunity to pick up the guns off some lvl50 guy who was hit by a tank round in front of me. He had some sort of ninja hand-pistol and I immediately went on a kill-crazy rampage with it, single handedly blowing both targets and winning the map in the process.

That is shit. I'm hobbled because I'm not a gay level-up monkey :(

The other thing I dislike is that the maps are too small. That's fucking consoles for ya.

Other than that (and the bugs), good game.

DaGaffer

You level up to a condition where you have a couple of decent weapons and all the gadgets pretty quickly though; you can get to that level in a day or two provided you balance your classes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You level up to a condition where you have a couple of decent weapons and all the gadgets pretty quickly though; you can get to that level in a day or two provided you balance your classes.

Well, apart from the fact that I have to spend a couple of days in n00b-hobbled annnoying-vill, I now have to read up on what "balance your classes" means :(

What happened to jump-in hot-fun action, other than in the bedroom? :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Try hardcore mode, much more focus on decent aiming - most guns kill with a couple of shots so crappy weapons aren't so much of an issue.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Try hardcore mode, much more focus on decent aiming - most guns kill with a couple of shots so crappy weapons aren't so much of an issue.

I thought about that actually. I remembered you posted something about it and immediately thought that'll level the playing field. Will do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom