Battlefield Bad Company 2

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Quake 3 is alive and well, and well, free, at quakelive by the way. I played some last night. If thats what you want, go register, it will take a few minutes and theres always servers with people on :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Anyway I are playin BC2 tonight from about 7:30 uk time!!!!!

I hope to see some of you there.

Rulke, the AN94 has been weapon of choice for most decent players since the start simply because two shot burst to the head = win on an HC server!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyway I are playin BC2 tonight from about 7:30 uk time!!!!!

I hope to see some of you there.

Rulke, the AN94 has been weapon of choice for most decent players since the start simply because two shot burst to the head = win on an HC server!

Why would you play with the same weapons all the time? Part of the fun is the variety and the challenge. Noobtubing the hell out of everyone gets old pretty fast. I'm particularly enjoying the M14 on Rush maps at the moment; its wicked accurate - use that in Assault and you get C4 and ammo packs so you can blow MCOM stations without the enemy getting a warning.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
BC2 friends list is fucking wank

apparently- you both have to be at main menu and not actually in game, for it to sync you properly

fail :(

Calaen

Why would you play with the same weapons all the time? Part of the fun is the variety and the challenge. Noobtubing the hell out of everyone gets old pretty fast. I'm particularly enjoying the M14 on Rush maps at the moment; its wicked accurate - use that in Assault and you get C4 and ammo packs so you can blow MCOM stations without the enemy getting a warning.

Simply because it's the weapon I am most comfortable with playing Assualt and being the first into the front line.

I don't play any other class, unless a squad member needs a vehicle buddy to heal in which case I will be an eng.

Forgot to add, do any of you guys know of non Hardcore servers but with FF turned on? the one I have on my favorites list has been quite laggy the last couple of nights and would love to find another one of similar settings.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
theres no way to tag em so i dont know other than gettin lucky with em :/ id like non hardcore with kill cam turned off.

as for the weps use what ya feel comfortable with any rifle will kill someone within a couple of shots especially if you use the add on tactics for dmg forgot its name.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Does searching for FF in the server name pick up any?

DaGaffer

theres no way to tag em so i dont know other than gettin lucky with em :/ id like non hardcore with kill cam turned off.

as for the weps use what ya feel comfortable with any rifle will kill someone within a couple of shots especially if you use the add on tactics for dmg forgot its name.

I don't think ToDClan servers have killcam on. I was definitely playing on a server last night that didn't, and I only played on ToD and WBW.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
cheers dagaffer ill have a look tonite at those servers.

Calaen

Does searching for FF in the server name pick up any?

Yeah it does Rulke, there is a few with FF on or ff on as the search is case sensitive, but since the browser is so fucked I thought others might know of some without the text in.

AS the server I mainly play on shows up as HC in the browser but the server is not hardcore it's a problem that EA are aware of with the browser.

My problem is the server has been suffering from lag spikes the last few days, which makes it a tad less enjoyable :p

Calaen

I played on a non-hardcore server tonight.

It was shit.

They are by and large shit mate, but if you get one with kill cam off, and friendly fire on it's a much more balanced fight!!

Anyway playing from about 7:30 tonight if anyone is interested give me a shout, I can always sort out vent details for the cool kids :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I like HC servers much better Cal. Whats the point in a RPG that you can shoot all your rockets at a tank with, and not blow it up?

I dont get it.

Mabs

i do find the non HC suffer the same thing that COD did, you can machine gun someone for a week and a day then they kill you with a knife :(

tho i am getting slightly sick of the Carl Gustav, noob tube version 2.overkill much :\

Calaen

I like HC servers much better Cal. Whats the point in a RPG that you can shoot all your rockets at a tank with, and not blow it up?

I dont get it.

I don't disagree with you, but the HC servers have way to many snipers on for my liking and that is the difference between crushing a team no problem or being totally crushed.

I find with this game I don't mind getting beat attacking or defending as long as every point has been contested by people, it's very annoying having 80% of your team stay away from the objectives frag hunting with a sniper rifle.

Calaen

i do find the non HC suffer the same thing that COD did, you can machine gun someone for a week and a day then they kill you with a knife :(

tho i am getting slightly sick of the Carl Gustav, noob tube version 2.overkill much :\

cause you is nooby team killer :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i like hardcore but only on conquest think its pretty piss poor on rush as said everyone runs back and snipes then gets wiped out and same again till you win.

i like the normal servers can have some great battles its still better than cod 4 :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
its got very little do with adjusting your aim, and a lot to do with where your hit box is at any given time, especially when you allow for lag and bad coding

Quakers seemed to be able to hit each other whilst bunnying the fuck about everywhere.

I never had a problem in the original Battlefield when people bunnied about - but people moaned to buggery about it.

I think it is all about aim :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
very rarely had any lag issues could prob count those on 1 hand since release, as for bad coding? i honestly havent experienced any, not fell through the world, not got stuck, havent seen any exploitable terrain as of yet, im sure its there it always is in these games but so far not seen anyone doing it.

only issues ive had with the game tbh was the server browser, but thats getting better just like i said it would BC2 is a pretty solid game in my eyes

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I occasionally get stuck on scenary - usually the huts on the jungle maps

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Dammit to fuck. I bought this today and before I even installed it my graphics card blew up. I can't play it until my new one arrives on Wednesday.

Calaen

For anyone experienceing lag/delay while respawning you need to add the BBC2 folder in your my documents folder to an exception list in your Anti Virus software. Most of the AV stuff out there is causing problems on spawning.

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
you just need to make an exception in your AV for the gamesettings.ini as the game constantly writes the kit loadout to that file
this fixes the spawn lag

dice said they were going to fix this issue in the next patch, which is being delayed due to crashes they keep on finding in QA

Yaka

Part of the furniture
pld the mp side of it last night with throd,

i cant seem to get used to it, its like bf2 but feels some what consolified in some way. the quad bikes are godly tho

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Heh I was pissed and raging a bit :) BUT : I do think this is one of the best games to come out for years, even though I have returned to css more now (of course :) )

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
its very unforgiving when you first join in but give it a few hours and you get to know ya way round where ppl gonna attack from etc and its alot of fun agree best fps game to come out since prob bf2

Mabs

BFBC2 does suffer from hordes of rambos on public servers tho

teamwork ? nah thanks i got a carl gustav ohlol

*sigh*

Calaen

Heh I was pissed and raging a bit :) BUT : I do think this is one of the best games to come out for years, even though I have returned to css more now (of course :) )

Been playing every night for a while now it's a lush game!!!!

Still have a problem where I can't add or accept friends requests or add servers to my favorite lists.

Aside from that it's brill!

DaGaffer

Been playing every night for a while now it's a lush game!!!!

Still have a problem where I can't add or accept friends requests or add servers to my favorite lists.

Aside from that it's brill!

Eh? I have no problem adding servers to favourites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom