Battlefield Bad Company 2

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
servers i can do fine.
managed to get ONE friend added, none of the others work

was a rumour that if you start it up, stay at menu, add people, it works, but doesnt in game, but tried that with Cal other day, and no joy :/

unless you have to do it before you join any game after launch ? no idea :(

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
servers i can do fine.
managed to get ONE friend added, none of the others work

was a rumour that if you start it up, stay at menu, add people, it works, but doesnt in game, but tried that with Cal other day, and no joy :/

unless you have to do it before you join any game after launch ? no idea :(

You used to be able to add peopl to your friends list via the ingame squad list, it just appears to be a little borked.

Calaen

Found the problem with friends list! You can only have 20 friends for some dumb arsed reason and only 6 favourites

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Add them as a friend (you both have to be in the menu) then expand the friends list at the bottom left and either double click their name or click the black arrow

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
There's no way of joining a squad with said friend before joining a game?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
If you have the same clan tags it'll try to put you in the same team/squad - unless that side is full/underpopulated, in which case it'll move you next round (I think)

Bit of a pain if there's like 4 of you

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Aye we tried the clan thing last night, sometimes it seemed to work others times, not so much. Maybe I'm thinking too high thinking they'd actually put a decent party service in the game.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Ironically if was easier before they fixed autobalancing :p

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I've never had clan tags but I always get put in to a squad with friends if there's space on the same side.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
how do we add peeps the list ? not been playing long and i totaly hate playing this solo.

also i remember being able to a fairly largish map on screen always in bf2 with with transparent settings is this not possible any more?

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
how do we add peeps the list ? not been playing long and i totaly hate playing this solo.
once u have logged in click the friends bar at the bottom left corner, select "add friend" and enter a search string and start a search. it will return any nick that contains the search string and u can add the friend by highlighting the nick and pushing the add button at the bottom, also u should be able to add friends from the (spawn) squad screen ingame when u click on the ">" sign next to the nick name, though i have no idea if that actually works

also i remember being able to a fairly largish map on screen always in bf2 with with transparent settings is this not possible any more?
unfortunately not, dice basically just ported the game from console to pc and left most of the good stuff that was included in bf2 and bf2142 out of the game
we can call ourselves lucky when we finally get the chat window ingame so that we can chat between spawns

Yaka

Part of the furniture
tried that triedding a few peeps whos nick i knows but nowt happens

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
a lot of people have complained that friend requests aren't being sent properly and that they have to repeat the process several times or that the "friend" has to send a friend request for it to work.
a lot of times it just fails either way.

dice still have to work a lot on the friends list
i've sent u a friend request on several occasions but it seems to have never worked :/

i'm using the same nickname ingame as the one here myself if u wanna give it a try

edit: and if the friend request is received the recipient still has to confirm it

Calaen

tried that triedding a few peeps whos nick i knows but nowt happens

The friends requests and accepts only seem to work when both people are online and in the main menu screen. You can only have 20 friend.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Slightly annoying but the webby keeps telling me my CD keys are used for the various BF games I try and reg for VET status.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Slightly annoying but the webby keeps telling me my CD keys are used for the various BF games I try and reg for VET status.

You have to email EA. The whole Vet thing is buggered up tbh; I have the same EA account for BF2, BF2142 and BFH as well as BC2, but it simply wouldn't recognise them (even though BFH gave me a load a valour points when I went in recently because it knew I had BC2!). I emailed EA and it was sorted overnight (although it still doesn't pick up BF2142 and I still haven't been able to unlock the Garand).

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The vet status thing is buggered Emb, log on to EA live chat and get the guy to sort it for you there and then, works a treat. I had my M1 Garand within 5 minutes of loading the chat site.

EA Customer Support

Embattle

FH is my second home
Got it, was fast although would be better if they got the web site working properly.

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
shotgun + 12g slugs + magnum ammo beats the M14 even in long and mid range accuracy

it's rediculously easy to snipe with that combination

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thought I'd take a quick peek in this thread to see if much has changed.

I originally posted this:

It's a DICE game, right?

The only reason I haven't bought it is because all of their games have been buggy as fuck - to the point that I just CBA with them any more.

Love the gameplay, hate their lazy-ass programmers (although, it's unlikely to be the programmers at fault tbfh) :(

and the first post I saw was this:

the devs are fucking tards

Yep. Definately not ponying up any money on this. Even at 33% off :)

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
it just needs a few more maps instead of variations of the same map in different modes
maybe BFBC2 Vietnam or MoH will prove to be interesting as well

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's the best first person shooter for years.

I don't doubt it throd. I just had enough of their buggy-ass laziness in the past - enough crash to desktops, shitty server browsers and the likes to give this a wide berth.

From what I've heard this also suffers from it...

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Lack of maps is also a big minus point - you soon get very very bored. Not just the number, but the size of the maps too.

I've not touched it in a while, due to the lack of variety in vehicles, guns and gameplay. The unbalanced nature of certain weapons, meaning that everyone is either going to use the Carl Gustav, M60 or the AN94 just adds to the tedium.

It is however your standard DICE / EA affair - inability to release a properly tested patch, and delayed patching because they can't seem to find a bug in their own code that they created themselves. And yet all the time pushing the next 'big' thing - like the Vietnam expansion pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom