Battlefield Bad Company 2

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
anyone gonna give it a try? beta starts today if you pre order, it looks amazing and ive always found BF series to be better than cod at least for multiplayer . am really hoping this is a good game theres a serious lack of good online FPS games around these past few years.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
After the massive dissapointment of MW2 I'm loathe to try, but I'm going to anyway :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Enjoyed the first one as it made the BF series feel fresh for once and the SP was brilliant. Was one of the only games that played on live with. Thankful that there is a PC version this time round. I know I could cancel my pre-order with GAME and get it from play for the Beta code but tbh I got too many games to play at the moment plus the fact you don't get all the extras that you get with the GAME version.

Here's a quick review I did for the first one

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I've got a couple of spare Beta keys if anyone wants them?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I quite like it, so far better than bloody MW2 :)

I'm not that enamoured about the map though. I just dont think it looks that good, all that smoke everywhere, and it all seems so white :) (I know its snowing :p )

I'm playing in dx9 though, as I have XP still, I wonder if DX10 would make a huge difference?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well I'm in DX10 but have nothing to compare it against - all I'll say is I agree with your sentiments Throd.

Still, one of the things I really like in this game is the sniping - you can actually trace the trajectory of the bullet which means gravity effects don't make it a completely pointless endeavour. Huzzah!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The sniping is ace yeah :) I like the Rem 870 you get too, but mostly because Ive got one :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I like the rpg rockets too, you have to aim up a bit on longer distances. All in all, the game's looking good :)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
had a quick blast on it today and it was brilliant a little bit bright but very very good def a MW 2 beater bit more realistic imo

mooSe_

FH is my second home
So overall this is going to be a good game? I haven't played a new fps on pc that I have enjoyed in years, so it would be nice to have something new

Aada

Part of the furniture
Is the demo avaliable for PC also then?

I've downloaded the 360 demo but it would be cool to try the PC demo also!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yes and no - they're calling the demo a 'beta' and you need a code which is available if you pre-order from play. You can cancel the pre-order after you get it tough.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I've got another key if anyone wants one.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I've given up with the beta. It says my connection to the server has been lost after maximum 3 rounds, I cant log back in and when I close the game my internet looses connection to everything, even irc, for a few seconds before worknig again.

Hope the released game is better :(

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Always liked the BF series, am planning on getting right stuck into this when it comes out.

The PC community was burned somewhat by MW2, so seem to be getting behind this in a big way. Should be fun :D

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Apart from the bugs (it is Beta after all), loving this game! And it's only one map and one mode so far! Can't wait till march

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
likewise its fantastic i hope the rest of the game is as good as this map and better! battlefield > CoD

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
For some reason I think I had this game mentally confused with Battlefield Heroes. I hadnt paid any attention to BC or BC2, but the other day had a hankering for some BF2 action. I used to love that game. Just found this and pre-ordered it from Steam.

Ill have a blast of the beta tonight. really looking forward to it from the comments Ive read.

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
this should be the intro video to the game :)

YouTube- Tips & Tricks: How Not to be a Noob at Battlefield Bad Company 2
haha, so true.
been playing the beta for about 10 days now and it looks great. unfortunately the squad handling still looks like it needs a lot of work (no squad leader and thus not able to mute/kick players from squad) but at least u can spawn on every member of the squad
a *real* demo should be released end of february, lets hope they release another map/game mode in that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom