Battlefield 5 to be set in WW1

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"DICE has confirmed the game will have a server browser, while it's also been announced that some of the game is set in the Italian Alps."

"Planes will have rear gunner positions for a second player to man, and there will be weapon attachments, all of which will be authentic for the era. Vehicles will be more unique, and the gameplay will "reflect that," which is a bit confusing. Hopefully it means it won't be a battlefield dominated by vehicles.

Here are some other highlights from the Q&A:

There will be both familiar game modes and new ones
You can expect to see a range of different naval vessels
No night vision
Tanks can be crewed by one player, but other players can take additional seats and control guns
Damage to planes will have a gameplay effect. For example, losing part of a wing will affect how well the plane flies"

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Wellat least some of the airpower shouldnt be so op now. No guided weapons mostly just single bomblets and machine guns

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Wellat least some of the airpower shouldnt be so op now. No guided weapons mostly just single bomblets and machine guns

Aye and the fact planes perform worse when damaged is nice, means they cant just get damaged then fuck off like they did in BF3/4

Embattle

FH is my second home
It always happens and it is what turns me off most at Battlefield (EA) games, you know right away you'll be getting a cut down product so you can be milked for more with premium subs etc.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its not out for months yet and they are already detailing day 1 DLC.

Hilarious stuff from EA again.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Heh, only just found out about this. May just be the game to get me playing again, even if it is basically a WWII game with a WWI skin.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just all the dlc :/

that'll never change from BF sadly, in all fairness though, the DLC is generally pretty good for BF, I always just buy a season pass and have done with it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It just makes a 40-50 pound game 80 quid or so. Thats rather expensive.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It just makes a 40-50 pound game 80 quid or so. Thats rather expensive.

True, but if you look back 10 years or so, whenever they released "Expansion" sets before they were usually priced at £19.99, which probably adds up to what a season pass does now.. only difference is you don't get physical goods anymore, you get digital obviously. I'm ok with it at least, it seems worth it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It has beena rip off for quite some time now, eventually all you'll purchase is an game engine for £50 and then pay more to actually get something to play on it.

Syri

FH is my second home
It has beena rip off for quite some time now, eventually all you'll purchase is an game engine for £50 and then pay more to actually get something to play on it.
Don't let anyone at EA see that... I can see it now, £50 for the Frostbite Core, £50 for the Frostbite VR pack, £50 for the game and £40 for the season pass...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
True, but if you look back 10 years or so, whenever they released "Expansion" sets before they were usually priced at £19.99, which probably adds up to what a season pass does now.. only difference is you don't get physical goods anymore, you get digital obviously. I'm ok with it at least, it seems worth it.
But an expansion usually was another ten hpurs of game play. Now they add things like weapons and cars as dlc. Not giving the game more levels and stuff. If they bundled all the dlc to once every three months and charged a tenner for it. It would bebetter than all the fluff they try and sell

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
But an expansion usually was another ten hpurs of game play. Now they add things like weapons and cars as dlc. Not giving the game more levels and stuff. If they bundled all the dlc to once every three months and charged a tenner for it. It would bebetter than all the fluff they try and sell

Battlefield DLC is endless tbh, play-time wise at least.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm generally iffy with Battlefield prices but you have to consider £100 normally gets you - base game + 5+ dlc's, which I think is reasonable... just a shame its lump sum.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I've played it this afternoon. A lot like the others (surprise!) but looks really good and plays quite smooth, except for moments of lag which I suppose are to be expected.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
im really not sure tbh need to play more before i decide if i like it or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom