Film Batman: Dark Knight Rises

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"everyone thought he was totes craycray!"

The joker is crazy. He's a psychopath.

Yes, his logic was superb and he was highly intelligent - but it doesn't take away from the fact that he's psychopathic.

You can pretend he isn't crazy all you like. Maybe the alternative view on him makes you feel clever or powerful or something - it's like a piece of information you "get" but everyone else doesn't.

But you're wrong - the Joker is a psychopath. Always was, always will be.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Umm, you might want to learn the meaning of the "cool teen terminology" used there before going on a rant about it :X3:

Or as they say on the forums; Scouse in another fail shocker.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Umm, you might want to learn the meaning of the "cool teen terminology" used there before going on a rant about it :X3:

Or as they say on the forums; Scouse in another fail shocker.

Have you got an argument to make against mine - or are you just going to waffle support of your beliefs again?

My contention = the joker is a psychopath.

psychopath psy·cho·path
n.
A person with an antisocial personality disorder, especially one manifested in perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior.

He certainly fits that description. In fact, he's a classical psychopath.

If you disagree, please to be presenting your evidence in this thread in a coherent manner, rather than simply shouting "scouse aer teh failz"...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To make it perfectly clear for you; craycray does not mean crazy.

Oh really?

UrbanDictionary said:
1. cray cray
meaning really crazy

2. Cray Cray
Steming from the term "Crazy", when Referring to someone as "Cray Cray", signifies their craziness to a whole other level. The ultimate second power of crazy. This person can either be insane in the brain. Or simply, TOO DOWN. To the point where its not even cool anymore.

3. Cray Cray
Something so crazy it takes 2 words to describe it
George: I met a lesbian interracial couple that adopted an amputee kid!
Molly: Whoa! That's so cray cray!

...but I see that you've removed your definition of "craycray" the "cool teen terminology" - that you used as an "argument" against mine - from your post. :)

You're totally craycray, Toht. Why can't you admit when you're talking shit?

Last edited:

soze

I am a FH squatter
Really? I found Bane exceedingly easy to understand at all times. Sometimes i felt they were actually trying to be funny as his voice was so clear....especially with that thing stuck to his face.
My mate understood him too but i did not hence lost most of his dialogue and the film was harmed for me. Different people hear things differently i suppose.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My mate understood him too but i did not hence lost most of his dialogue and the film was harmed for me. Different people hear things differently i suppose.

I had to concentrate hard on what he was saying to understand him. He was very clear at the beginning but at certain points it was muffled to fuck.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes really. Since craycray also means off the hook and crazy in a positive manner, not just insane in the brain. (these days more used to define something as cool, not insane, which the use of the word "totes" would imply)

Even IF you took what i said as "he's totally insane in the brain", which i didn't, i never said he's not a psychopath. So in both cases of the word craycray, you're still wrong.

Only thing i've ever said about the joker is that he's not mad. Which is correct. He's a psychopath, crazy at times, but not mad.

So how about next time you want to start some sh*t stirring, you actually think about what you're arguing. Peace out syringe.

Poag

m00?
Yeah i'm just wondering why its so different for people. I've heard alot of people say the voice was hard to understand. I wonder if its because you can't see the lips/jaw moving so the brain has trouble.

I did find his voice "accent" kinda funny, as it seems to swing between conventional american, british regal and new yorker a fair bit. Depending on what he was trying to say.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I understood it, after i got used to it after the first line, but can see why other's wouldn't. Not at all the voice i'd imagine for bane though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Taking only parts of definitions doesn't really work, especially since you pick&choose them when they suit you.

But i'm not going to derail another thread more just because you wanted to start sh*t over something i didn't say. Go lie about someone else.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Oh. My. God. Will you two SHUT THE FUCK UP? What a load of dribbling rectal ooze. Fucking "cray cray". Jesus.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah i'm just wondering why its so different for people. I've heard alot of people say the voice was hard to understand. I wonder if its because you can't see the lips/jaw moving so the brain has trouble.

I did find his voice "accent" kinda funny, as it seems to swing between conventional american, british regal and new yorker a fair bit. Depending on what he was trying to say.
Yeah could be the lips. I am fairly crap with accents at first and it takes me a while to understand people with an accent properly. I look forward to the Blu Ray coming out and I will try again, maybe on a rewatch i will pick him up a bit easier.

As for the Joker I am fairly sure Nolan said (after Heaths death) that while filming the Hospital scene in 2 he decided he wanted Joker back in 3.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
DaGaffer said:
Oh. My. God. Will you two SHUT THE FUCK UP? What a load of dribbling rectal ooze. Fucking "cray cray". Jesus.

This.

With respect, you've both reached an all new low of petty, petulant bullshit that I'd expect from my teenage female cousins.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No need for respect ;)

On a more topical matter though, i can suggest the Joker graphical novel(´98). Good stuff, puts a nice perspective on it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This.

With respect, you've both reached an all new low of petty, petulant bullshit that I'd expect from my teenage female cousins.

To be fair G. I actually wanted to discuss Toht's opinion that the joker isn't mad.

Yes, I should know better than to try to have an actual discussion with him, but he's been banging on about the joker in so many threads I thought this would be the thread for it...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Scarecrow is very underrated as a villain in the trilogy. Brilliant character. Murphy is awesome as him as well, he's an excellent actor.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Scarecrow is very underrated as a villain in the trilogy. Brilliant character. Murphy is awesome as him as well, he's an excellent actor.

I liked the appearance, which is probably the spot where the joker would've gone to. Only thing that would've made sense that is.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If it wasn't for Scarecrow and his toxin BB would be pretty poor, the threat from the League of Shadows in that first film feels very "meh." Scarecrow however, is genuinely scary.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, without the insanity of the baddies(which razzy and bane severely lack), the only insane person on the screen is the man in butt-hugging leather and pointy ears screaming "Where is thing X!!!!" while spreading his mouthsaliva all over the other actors.

Yes i did laugh a bit when Battyboy screamed "Where is the bomb" in the exact same way he screamed "Where is she" in the previous installment.

Poag

m00?
Well Bane and Raz weren't insane. They were taking things to a fairly literal extreme in a well intentioned effort to improve the "norm".
By shocking the world so much, they hoped to improve the human condition to a point where people wouldn't be so selfish.

I think Raz once said something along the lines of "Gothams corruption and decadence". While Batman was solely focused on the corruption and crime, the decadence continued, thus the continuation of the LoS plans. Although Talia may have done it anyway.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Kinda what i was saying, them lacking the insanity gene. With bane and raz it becomes more of a dickwaving contest, brawly brawly or sneaky stabby, but still dickwaving. With the less brawny more brainy villains it becomes much more interesting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Murphy is awesome as him as well, he's an excellent actor.

I like the scarecrow in some of the batman stories but I thought he was weak in these films.

Also, Murphy is awful all day long IMO. He totally rubs me up the wrong way - because IMO his performances are so damn shit they break my suspension of disbelief...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Personally I thought the whole League of Shadows thing, targeting Gotham specifically, was the weakest theme of the whole Nolan Bat-verse. It actually makes very little sense. Ras-Al-Ghul in the comics is all about reducing the global population to in order to save the planet; crushing one city...what's the point?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thought it was good. More ambitious than the other two films, didn't quite hit their heights tho.

Nice end. Tho it rankles with me that Bruce moves on and has a life. Bruce Wayne gets over it? Nevah :)

I thought a better ending would have been for Albert to look up and feign surprise the instant before the camera cut to the next scene. Leave the audience to wonder.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I thought a better ending would have been for Albert to look up and feign surprise the instant before the camera cut to the next scene. Leave the audience to wonder.

Also drop the whole "he fixeded the batwing autopilot".

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Why? So Toht and Scouse could argue over what actually happened for the next 100 years? ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I like the scarecrow in some of the batman stories but I thought he was weak in these films.

Also, Murphy is awful all day long IMO. He totally rubs me up the wrong way - because IMO his performances are so damn shit they break my suspension of disbelief...

Crikey, you really are going mental these days aren't you? :D

Calling Murphy a bad actor is something I have never heard before. From anyone. Especially anyone that knows anything about films, theatre and acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom