Film Batman: Dark Knight Rises

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Loved the film. Bit confused at the ending (in terms of what'll happen next) but hey, I did enjoy myself from the time I sat down to the time I left.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Seen it. Bane is awesome. Tom Hardy takes the role, has sex with it, then spawns a villain from hell. Probably see it again just for his character tbh (Plus, Hathaway is fapworthy)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Loved the film. Bit confused at the ending (in terms of what'll happen next) but hey, I did enjoy myself from the time I sat down to the time I left.

Nothing Gunner, in terms of the batman story that is him finished. He's embraced life and abandoned his old life. Robin will be the new protector of Gotham, but I don't think they'll make those films. This is the end of this incarnation of Batman films.

Gray

FH is my second home
Just went to see it, loved it.

Pretty gutted though, it was a pretty packed house in the cinema, but as soon as the ending happened everyone got up and pissed off. Literally every. single. person. I was sat there eagerly awaiting the scene POST credits which always seems to happen, but i didn't want to be like some ubernerd.

Was there any after credit scenes?

Gray

FH is my second home
We didn't get any Superman trailer for fucksake also :mad:.

Gutted.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Nothing Gunner, in terms of the batman story that is him finished. He's embraced life and abandoned his old life. Robin will be the new protector of Gotham, but I don't think they'll make those films. This is the end of this incarnation of Batman films.

Quit while you're ahead I guess. It couldn't go on being awesome forever :(

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Great film, really enjoyed it. Much better than the Dark Knight which i thought was over-rated (but still good).

best scene for me was the first bane and batman punch up in the sewer, really really good. also, who worked out that the kid from 3rd rock from the sun was robin the earliest?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I don't think I've seen an actor (Hardy) pull of a character (Bane) that well in my life, I was genuinely filled with dread every time he made an appearance.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Great film, really enjoyed it. Much better than the Dark Knight which i thought was over-rated (but still good).

best scene for me was the first bane and batman punch up in the sewer, really really good. also, who worked out that the kid from 3rd rock from the sun was robin the earliest?

And don't forget Te'alc getting his arse handed to him by a character from 3rd rock :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i know gordon whatsit-doodah is becoming a fairly big actor now, but he will always be the kid from 3rd rock to me

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
TdCfail strikes again. Someone reboot him!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
As much as I want to watch it I just don't think I can bring myself to watch Christian "I can only do one voice for all of my movies" Bale again.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol you're all wrong! oh well, no helping some people :p

also, re "the last 10 minutes"...they made me feel only slightly less ill than that horrid movie where the next ice age sets in. as soon as
I saw that torn up US flag swinging in the breeze
I was sick in my mouth and wanted to leave.

what should have happened is this:
Wayne should have actually died from the first fight with Bane. The people would, perhaps led by Third Rock Robin, after some suitable period of oppression rise up to successfully oust Bane + army of lame incompetents who are fanatic enough to get slaughtered often yet never speak, thus forfilling the "everyone can be a hero" theme that they keep banging on about. There should have been much death and hardship, justifiably so given the grim setup in the first half of the movie, but success in the end. NOT some lame charge by the formerly trapped police who are all both remarkably fit after three months underground and seem impervious to automatic arms fire given the tiny amount of deaths when they charge the blockade.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Saw this on Saturday at an Imax in Irvine California. Excellent film, loved the twists and darkness of it. Tom Hardy was awsome, know he was a great actor but this performance was his best yet in a film. he just oozed menacing villain.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
(insert some form of arbitrary number star judgement here that is "good enough but could've been better", reasoning below)

I'll keep it short'ish; not dark&gritty enough really, could've used more violence and -evil- and less of the emo.

Also, could've used more superhero/villain screentime, less of the other stuff. Now it felt like they just popped in to say "hi this is a superhero movie" and pissed off again.

For the trilogy, yes, good movie and overall enjoyed it, but also was a bit yawny and a bit meh in parts.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Forgot to mention that the part where catwoman leans that extra nudge forward to raise her ass...i mean....blow up the tunnel entry is the redeenming feature of all movies ever made.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
So did Batman die and Alf is hallucinating? Or did he finally find his peace and fake it to move on with Catwoman who wiped her identity so they could start afresh?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So did Batman die and Alf is hallucinating? Or did he finally find his peace and fake it to move on with Catwoman who wiped her identity so they could start afresh?

The latter. Pay more attention. :D The autopilot was fixed. She had her program to wipe her clean. Both then essentially no longer exist, so both get the fresh start they wanted and needed as people.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah back from this tonight, Teedles is a bag of homo.

A couple of minor gripes:

Robin was so fucking obvious. Lindsey didn't spot it but I knew from the first scene he was in. Had enormous signposts towards it that were impossible to miss.

Probably more the fault of the cinema sound but Bane's words became incomprehensible at a couple of points.

That the American Football guy running with the ball outran the collapse and didn't notice a thing. Horribly cheesey.

The return of the League of Shadows plotline to destroy Gotham. It's just... a bit weak. It was the weakest thing about BB and although they did a much better job of giving it context it's still just a bit tenuous and naff. "Oh we need to destroy them all because it's rotten and decadent." Meh.

And some good bits:

Bane.

Miranda's surprise allegience twist. Never saw that one coming.

That shot of Batman dodging and weaving in the balck sewers, lit sporadically by the gunfire (brilliant concept and realisation of it).

The big sweeping shots of the explosions over the city.

Really good.

Nate

FH is my second home
because I've played arkham city, I was thinking to myself...but ra's al ghuls child was a girl. But I still didn't twig it'd be her :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
lol you're all wrong! oh well, no helping some people :p

also, re "the last 10 minutes"...they made me feel only slightly less ill than that horrid movie where the next ice age sets in. as soon as
I saw that torn up US flag swinging in the breeze
I was sick in my mouth and wanted to leave.

It wasn't a nationalistic thing; it's a hope thing. Their flag (rightly or wrongly) is ingrained with the notion of hope. A theme that plays a big part in the film.
what should have happened is this:
Wayne should have actually died from the first fight with Bane. The people would, perhaps led by Third Rock Robin, after some suitable period of oppression rise up to successfully oust Bane + army of lame incompetents who are fanatic enough to get slaughtered often yet never speak, thus forfilling the "everyone can be a hero" theme that they keep banging on about. There should have been much death and hardship, justifiably so given the grim setup in the first half of the movie, but success in the end. NOT some lame charge by the formerly trapped police who are all both remarkably fit after three months underground and seem impervious to automatic arms fire given the tiny amount of deaths when they charge the blockade.

No, that would make for an unfocused, incoherent mess. :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Yeah back from this tonight, Teedles is a bag of homo.

A couple of minor gripes:

Robin was so fucking obvious. Lindsey didn't spot it but I knew from the first scene he was in. Had enormous signposts towards it that were impossible to miss.

Probably more the fault of the cinema sound but Bane's words became incomprehensible at a couple of points.

That the American Football guy running with the ball outran the collapse and didn't notice a thing. Horribly cheesey.

The return of the League of Shadows plotline to destroy Gotham. It's just... a bit weak. It was the weakest thing about BB and although they did a much better job of giving it context it's still just a bit tenuous and naff. "Oh we need to destroy them all because it's rotten and decadent." Meh.

And some good bits:

Bane.

Miranda's surprise allegience twist. Never saw that one coming.

That shot of Batman dodging and weaving in the balck sewers, lit sporadically by the gunfire (brilliant concept and realisation of it).

The big sweeping shots of the explosions over the city.

Really good.
Why is the shot of Anne Hathaway's arse before unblocking the tunnel not in the 'good bits' list?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Because it was not long enough.

It was still a REAL treat though.

That black dress she had on in the bar scene... jesus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom