Balancing Insta CC

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
I can't get my head around these arguments. I understand that aoe stun is a problem for hibs in a box or maybe even alb casters, but wth would alb clerics be standing anywhere near alb tanks? or near each other? If you get jumped all stuck to each other and you don't insta-sos and spread... if you are it means people are afking too much and not panning ... And yes that happened to me before but only when playing like crap and we deserved to lose. Two clerics shouldn't ever be caught in the same aoe stun...
So SoS is always up when your cought by supprise ? Wait, SoS + purge from your minstrel... Because your insta-mezzed when this happens...

AoE stun can if used correctly be devistating, let it be insta or casted version, sure it doesnt always win the fight, but GP / BoF / SoS / BAoD doesnt always either...

And if their not caught in the aoe stun then I hope they got purge up to get rid of mez...

There are so many things that could happen, but a well placed aoe stun will win a fight... And it is very very very valuable for mid-caster groups...

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Freppe said:
Ehm, so far Hibs been much easier, with my hero for example, rr7 in 4 weeks or so.
rofl, chanter pl for teh win.

i wonder how many ppl u actually killed yourself or even touched at all to earn that rr7? :)

kiss ass more, nolby might let u join yet m8! :puke:

Umilard

Loyal Freddie
Hmm, i play a bard and personally i don't think it's that hard to win mez against a sorc... Sure, they have longer range but i have my single and aeamnesia and my single and groupinstamezz to play around with. I find using singleinsta on sorc and aemezz on the rest works quite often..

Most fights don't start at max range, normally you meet eachother running on some hill or one of the groups get the jump.

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
remem, you don't have rvr experience, so we'll stop the pointless argument.

sorusi:
"and for these reasons i dont see aoe stun as a threat, have faced it with hibb grp (best midd grp on prydwen Midget Maffia used aoe stun very well, but it wasnt very hard to counter when you got gp and used it correctly or used baod )"

ah, that explains why NP mostly lost to MM then. ;)

Yes sure m8 compare u r rps to mine ~~

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
So SoS is always up when your cought by supprise ? Wait, SoS + purge from your minstrel... Because your insta-mezzed when this happens...
I haven't rvr'ed since TOA, but before that yes SoS was generally up when we got caught out.. It was not easy to find a fg vs fg fight most days. Ofc not always - and sometimes we just played bad, but mostly SoS was up. I am not sure what you mean with purge but I stand by what I said, an albion tank (TANK) group should not be caught in an insta stun very often. Maybe post toa it's slightly more useful but I think other things are more worrysome. For one or two SM to wipe a fg of alb tanks, you would have to have the pala, both clerics, sorc, theur, mincer all mezzed, an insta mez won't do that.
For casters I am sure it's a totally different thing but I wasn't talking about them. I wouldn't put it anywhere near as useful as GP/SoS :)
I stand by what I said: if a 150 radius, 1500 range insta stun catches an alb tank group, then the albs were half asleep and afk.

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

i wonder how many ppl u actually killed yourself or even touched at all to earn that rr7? :)

I got a perfect guild myself ty, set grp etc, pbae style. We doing perfectly fine but ae stun aint nothing good against good grps so. Heh and i killed quite a few, not as much as the chanters mebbe but we killed loads.

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

Smart comment i bet healers kill so many too ~~ but guess they aint worth the rp then since they dont keel anyone ;D

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Freppe said:
Ask yourself this, do you want all realms to be balanced? Do you want every class to be the same as the opposite char of another realm?

Balanced doesnt mean being the same. But judging by your posts and your refusal to take on board anything anyone else is saying, I'm guessing the concept of balance is waaaaaaay over your head. ;)

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
Your opinion, not mine. I for one dont want the realms to be balanced in the same way. All should have its unique style, and in noway is it possible to balance smth thats is very different from another if your not being the exact same char.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Remem said:
Smart comment i bet healers kill so many too ~~ but guess they aint worth the rp then since they dont keel anyone ;D
they do more than stand there with a shield looking butch tho ;)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
rvn=fotm no skilled player who thinks just cuz his team mates play well that he is also good.
u joined mid cuz it is the most powerful realm atm.
ur arrogance is annoying and ur just showing ur self to me a twat who is a bit overly obsessed with the game ;)

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
The fact that mid doesnt run with 2-3 SM's a lot means they havent found out how to play those groups well... And probably that their spoiled with their savages (and pre-nerf zerkers)...

Well thats wrong im afraid , we do know how to run pbaoe groups. Ive been in a few and is funny watching alb tanks charge in to kill casters, then go oh shit and start running away, as 3 sms cast pbaoe, while a shammy dots, interrupts the alb casters.

Think the truth of the matter is that a lot of alb groups dont know how to react when a mid group starts pbaoe. After all we are the melee realm so it would be a surprise.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
[NO]Subedai said:
rvn=fotm no skilled player who thinks just cuz his team mates play well that he is also good.
ur arrogance is annoying and ur just showing ur self to me a twat who is a bit overly obsessed with the game ;)

ok gimp, had a bit too many deaths in emain today, esp liked thatone when you purged to try and get away, so wasted ra's

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
[NO]Subedai said:
and also yep, np groups beat you with 7 players, since im so unskilled i dont even count

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
ok gimp, had a bit too many deaths in emain today, esp liked thatone when you purged to try and get away, so wasted ra's

didnt think i got to fight np yesterday tbh :)

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Freppe said:
Your opinion, not mine. I for one dont want the realms to be balanced in the same way. All should have its unique style, and in noway is it possible to balance smth thats is very different from another if your not being the exact same char.

Join Albion then say the same thing u stubborn, annoying liddle turd.

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
Join Albion then say the same thing u stubborn, annoying liddle turd.

Ive played alb a long time. Before you even got to this game m8 :) . Only thing i hadnt been in was mid so. Anything else you wanna try flame me on? Cus those attempts is rather patethic. :) But i guess u started this game yesterday so, cant blame ya. :touch:

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
I know its been mentioned a before, and everyone prolly knows, but way back in patch 1.53a or summat, Albion earth wizards had aoe stun.
It was removed, in patch 1.53b or something, and replaced with ..wait for it, AOE root, because it was too powerful.

There is a serious problem with Mythic giving Midds AOE Stun. It is actually form a cheating in my books, just like Savages, just like taking relics at 5 am.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Freppe said:
Ive played alb a long time. Before you even got to this game m8 :) . Only thing i hadnt been in was mid so. Anything else you wanna try flame me on? Cus those attempts is rather patethic. :) But i guess u started this game yesterday so, cant blame ya. :touch:

Don't even know who u r. Find a Realm you like and stay there and try and be quite. Im 6th on the server , I started a liddle b4 yesterday m8.

(Edit: im 6th lol, someone got a ridiculous amount of RPS last week.....)

Freppe

Fledgling Freddie
Okey m8 :) Just read your own posts first. Anyways cba with ppl like you whos here nothing else than spamming and flaming ppl.

And btw, a mod might wanna close this thread now imo, just bs atm.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:

rvn is definatly one of the best players we have even if you probably hate to hear that ;) and if you look back, he swapped BEFORE zerkers was known as overpowered and when mid was underdogs. And he made one of the first zerks that showed the ability of the class. So less of the fotm realm shit, and more facts.

Lethul

FH is my second home
[NO]Subedai said:

rofl. rvn is one of the best, if not the best player on this server. im quite sure nolby would outperform NO/GoL etc even on alb

Calo

Part of the furniture
Clipse said:
AOE stun is not BS m8.

it is bs , just like all ur comments so far.. u think a thread on fh will have ANY effect ? nothing nada its another thread where we all can flame :puke:

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
rvn is definatly one of the best players we have even if you probably hate to hear that ;) and if you look back, he swapped BEFORE zerkers was known as overpowered and when mid was underdogs. And he made one of the first zerks that showed the ability of the class. So less of the fotm realm shit, and more facts.

He swapped before zerkers was know as overpowered IN EUROPE, because the bugged grow rates were know in USA servers at that time (not as a bug at that moment, but yes as an imbalancing problem), and dont pretend he didnt knew about that issue, few time after the realm jump the bugged patch came to EU servers et voila, fotm class. :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom