Automatic mail bouncer?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
so anyway, my main email adress is hogged down by spam mail, getting about 100 a week or so, making rules against them isnt helping and blocking the email adresses they are comming from isnt helping either.

so what i want to know is if theres a Automatic mail bouncer that u can intergrate in to outlook express to bounce all the mail thats comming from adresses that i dont have in my contact list. now i know theres semi automatic bouncers out there but being a lazy prick i cba to use em... :p

anyone know of such a program?

Athan

Resident Freddy
DO NOT DO THIS.

At least not as you worded it.

DROP the emails by all means, but do NOT generate bounces for what you think is spam.

Why not?

Because a great majority of spam uses random From addresses from the same set that it uses to send to. Thus all you bouncing email does is cause more spam for some other poor victim elsewhere on the Internet.

And whilst we're on the topic, don't even think of using one of those lovely auto-whitelist-after-challenge setups either. Any time I receive an email asking me to confirm that a spam sent with my address as From was genuine I do so, just so next time a spammer sends that person email with my From address I don't get spammed back by the challenge.

If you think it's spam (or a virus, or any other non-genuine email) just drop it in the bit bucket, do NOT generate any kind of bounce.

As to how to do what you asked, no idea, sorry :p. It does sound like something that should be very simple to do however.

-Ath

phlash

Fledgling Freddie
I suggest you Google for 'bayesian filter outlook express', which will get you a loong list of shareware, freeware, commercial packages that plug into OE to provide an intelligent spam filter. Personally I'd switch to Thunderbird which has this already built in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom