transfer mail/bookmarks.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Was wondering if anyone had a an idea where firefox is hiding the bookmarks on Vista, and where i can find my mails so i dont have to copy them to my usb stick from thunderbird :)

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Mobackup will backup and store your profiles in both thunderbird and firefox.

In FF go to Organise bookmarks on the Bookmarks menu and from there you can backup and restore your bookmarks.

Or in C:\Users\<your profile name>\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\<somefunny.nameandnumber/Bookmarkbackups/ This folder will contain and .json file used by FF to backup/restore bookmarks. Grab the newest one or use above to make one.

For Thunderbird C:\Users\<your profile name>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles\<somefunny.nameandnumbers> In here is all the details for you mail accounts.

Backing up the <somefunny.nameandnumbers> folders and useing the contents to restore data later is posible. But I would go with Mobackup it just works.

C* assumes you use C drive letter for system drive.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I think its located in Users/(profilename)/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird or Firefox

Just save everything and replace it when you reinstall them next time, I do have a nagging feeling that they are saved at another place too. It was sometime I did it. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Thanks guys, picking up my new comp later today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom